News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Question for Que82  (Read 1177 times)

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Question for Que82
« on: June 29, 2011, 10:09:39 AM »
We're going back to Norfolk in September for a wedding then we want to drive down the coast and do a little sight seeing particullarly in South Carolina ( never been there ). Got any suggestion? Places to see...places to eat?  GO VIKINGS!!!

Offline aggiegrad2009

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Question for Que82
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 10:27:16 AM »
I know you asked Que82 but I'm originally from SC grew up only 20-30 mins from the beach so know a little something about the area........

Grand Strand Area

www.visitmyrtlebeach.com ( This is a guide to Myrtle Beach Includes Shopping, Dining, Golf spots etc.)

www.northmyrtlebeach.com  (North Myrtle Beach)

There is also the Garden City & Surfside Beach area........

LOW COUNTRY

Charleston, SC http://www.charlestoncvb.com/visitors/

Hilton Head    http://www.hiltonheadisland.org/what-to-do/

Knocking down the competition one game at a time!!!!!!

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 11:08:07 AM »
I know you asked Que82 but I'm originally from SC grew up only 20-30 mins from the beach so know a little something about the area........

Grand Strand Area

www.visitmyrtlebeach.com ( This is a guide to Myrtle Beach Includes Shopping, Dining, Golf spots etc.)

www.northmyrtlebeach.com  (North Myrtle Beach)

There is also the Garden City & Surfside Beach area........

LOW COUNTRY

Charleston, SC http://www.charlestoncvb.com/visitors/

Hilton Head    http://www.hiltonheadisland.org/what-to-do/

There you have it.
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline Brother Tony

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 11:09:39 AM »
Hilton Head is usually CROWDED!  :nod: Be prepared for stop-n-go traffic.
TUSKEGEE.....THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!

"BRINGING THE WORLD TO TUSKEGEE AND TUSKEGEE TO THE WORLD"

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 11:17:10 AM »
Can't you do better than that Que? Where is the black folk guide?  There is nothing to see in darn Myrtle Beach, you seen one high rise ocean front hotel, you've seen them all. You know good and well they don't let y'all in Hilton Head & Charleston. The closest you can get is selling baskets on the outskirts of the city limits. Come on now, name some places black folk might be interested in. What about some of those slave historic places down on the coast?

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 11:18:25 AM »
You will probably be lured to "South of the Border" since you will see about nine million signs. :lmao:

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 11:22:07 AM »
Is that place still open? The last I heard it was a dump.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 11:30:42 AM »
Can't you do better than that Que? Where is the black folk guide?  There is nothing to see in darn Myrtle Beach, you seen one high rise ocean front hotel, you've seen them all. You know good and well they don't let y'all in Hilton Head & Charleston. The closest you can get is selling baskets on the outskirts of the city limits. Come on now, name some places black folk might be interested in. What about some of those slave historic places down on the coast?

The information was for uchighlander and Hilton Head would welcome him with open arms.  However, for you I recommend you visit  The Devil's Castle in Greenville, SC or Devil's Fork State Park, Salem, SC or watch the Diamond Devils baseball team in Charlston.

Yes it is a dump and yes the dump is open

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 11:42:55 AM »
You got this satanic thing going on don't you? I got a black cat that needs a new home can I ship him to you? He can't stay here any longer because he's highly misunderstood by the neighbors, 'devil cat' they say. :shrug:

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 11:46:53 AM »
You got this satanic thing going on don't you? I got a black cat that needs a new home can I ship him to you? He can't stay here any longer because he's highly misunderstood by the neighbors, 'devil cat' they say. :shrug:

No actually you do.  As the two thugs said about Alvin (Jamie Foxx) in "Bait". Capler is the Devil. 

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 03:51:30 PM »

The information was for uchighlander and Hilton Head would welcome him with open arms.  However, for you I recommend you visit  The Devil's Castle in Greenville, SC or Devil's Fork State Park, Salem, SC or watch the Diamond Devils baseball team in Charlston.

Thanks for all the information. To tell you the truth....I'm not much interested in Hilton Head....not my cup of tea as they say.....I'm thinking it's a glorified version of the outerbanks up Elizabeth City way. I did like the outerbanks....Wright Bros, etc... GO VIKINGS!!!

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 07:03:38 PM »

Thanks for all the information. To tell you the truth....I'm not much interested in Hilton Head....not my cup of tea as they say.....I'm thinking it's a glorified version of the outerbanks up Elizabeth City way. I did like the outerbanks....Wright Bros, etc... GO VIKINGS!!!

Well since you're not interested in slave history, and Hilton Head is not your thing, that only leaves South of the Boarder. I would go with you but I'm sure I'll be busy that weekend.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News