News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Study finds many corporations pay tax rate of effectively zero  (Read 2567 times)

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
Re: Study finds many corporations pay tax rate of effectively zero
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2011, 12:27:31 AM »
Here is a related video.

----------

Robert Reich connects the dots on the economy, in less than 2 minutes and 15 seconds. Who knew he could draw!?!
Don't you tired of listening to the same old crap....over and over. What do you expect from class warfare expert Robert Reich. It's always the rich people fault for everything......dang. Grow a pair Robert and finally admit.....liberal policies don't create jobs. Big government doesn't create jobs. TAXES don't create jobs. GO VIKINGS!!!

Excuse me? ??? Doesn't your company get government contracts? Local/regional+?

Did I miss the response to this ^^^^?

Would our own dear Cali poster have HIS JOB if not for tax money coming in the form of govt contracts?
O0

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2011, 09:03:43 AM »
Here is a related video.

----------

Robert Reich connects the dots on the economy, in less than 2 minutes and 15 seconds. Who knew he could draw!?!
Don't you tired of listening to the same old crap....over and over. What do you expect from class warfare expert Robert Reich. It's always the rich people fault for everything......dang. Grow a pair Robert and finally admit.....liberal policies don't create jobs. Big government doesn't create jobs. TAXES don't create jobs. GO VIKINGS!!!

Excuse me? ??? Doesn't your company get government contracts? Local/regional+?

Did I miss the response to this ^^^^?

Would our own dear Cali poster have HIS JOB if not for tax money coming in the form of govt contracts?
O0

No. You didn't miss it. It's the typical none response to the hard to swallow truth....

Online 81alphaeagle

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2011, 04:53:53 PM »
Here is a related video.

----------

No, I do not.  I can listen to this all day.  I expect sensible economic policy analysis from him.  If Bill Clinton continued to listen to him, I doubt that he would have signed the bill that repealed Glass-Steagall.  BTW it helps when customers have money.

In his video he talked about the divide created between union and non-union.  He could have easily talked about the divide between Blacks and Whites.  This is part of what the column on welfare and Whites mentioned.

What I am tired of is conservative/trickle down/supply side economics that created this mess.  These kinds of economic policies created the panics of the 1800s, the Great Depression and the recessions we have had since including this one.

As for taxes I can almost agree 100% with a statement you made.  Tax cuts do not create jobs.  Demand for products and services do.
If customers don't have jobs....they aren't customers anymore because they don't have money. Higher taxes equals higher prices equals less demand for products and services. GO VIKINGS!!!

You almost got it.  If the customers have jobs, especially good paying jobs, then they will have money to spend.  Businesses will be able to sell products and offer services.

With lower taxes, especially on the rich, expect cutbacks on police, fire departments, emergency personnel, and education.
Therefore lower salaries, higher unemployment, less spending.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule