News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Blacks' exodus reshapes cities  (Read 651 times)

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • GO, BOWIE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Blacks' exodus reshapes cities
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 12:26:14 PM »
NO surprises here. This has been happening in several metropolitan areas including the ATL.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 12:54:13 PM »
Outstanding read and very true.  I often wonder if we should pool resources together and procure homes.  Some areas are so depressed where there are great deals to be had....

Offline SkegeeFAMU

• Assistant GM
  • Trustee Chairman
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youniquegreekpara.com
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 04:35:35 PM »
The combination of being able to get more house for the money, better schools and amenities, better delivery of municipal services at lower tax rates, not to mention crime and blight are what's driving our people out of the central cites to the suburbs.

Outstanding read and very true.  I often wonder if we should pool resources together and procure homes.  Some areas are so depressed where there are great deals to be had....

Give me a call when you get some time.  In this economy there are deals not only on residential properties, but also commercial properties that can be had for a bargain that are revenue producing.
Tuskegee University- Continuing the Relentless Pursuit of Excellence!!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule