News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Que82, Have you seen the commercial  (Read 829 times)

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
Que82, Have you seen the commercial
« on: April 26, 2011, 03:10:27 PM »
With the young brother from Minor High?  It's an Exxon/Mobil commercial. The young mans name is Jelani Grace. Very nicely done!

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Que82, Have you seen the commercial
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 03:16:18 PM »
With the young brother from Minor High?  It's an Exxon/Mobil commercial. The young mans name is Jelani Grace. Very nicely done!

No but I will be looking for it. 
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 03:25:36 PM »

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 03:33:51 PM »
Here it is......

Jelani Grace's Exxon/Mobil Commercial

that was cool and represented Minor well.  I remember we used to beat the brakes off Minor in basketball when I was in school.  :lol:

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 03:44:27 PM »
Did you catch Barkley @ the half of the Spurs v Grizz game when he was asked who was the best player to come out of Alabama?  I was on the phone with my brother at the time and we both fell out laughing when Chuck rattled off some names....Bobby Lee Hurt, Chuck Person and himself. Dude didn't even mention Reggie King, Buck Johnson, Andrew Toney, Earl Banks......he did say that Ennis Whatley was the best! and I agree as I had to guard him in elementary and high school. Buck was a beast to deal with too.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 04:16:31 PM »
Did you catch Barkley @ the half of the Spurs v Grizz game when he was asked who was the best player to come out of Alabama?  I was on the phone with my brother at the time and we both fell out laughing when Chuck rattled off some names....Bobby Lee Hurt, Chuck Person and himself. Dude didn't even mention Reggie King, Buck Johnson, Andrew Toney, Earl Banks......he did say that Ennis Whatley was the best! and I agree as I had to guard him in elementary and high school. Buck was a beast to deal with too.

I remember when "Mule" King gave me a facial in front of C.M. Newton.  They put him at guard and then posted me up.  I was 5'11" and he was 6'6'.  I did get to shoot the free throw from the technical for dunking (it was still illegal then) 

I used to play a lot of those guys in a rec league back in the day. A lot of NBAers came out of that league.   Andrew Toney used to murder me, I was too slow to hang with him and when I dropped back he would rain jumpers. T.R. Dunn and Keith McCord, West End were a killers.   "Mule" King was so big and strong.   Chris Giles was at Parker with what was then considered twin towers with two starting 6'7" players.  :lol:  I have been used by some of the best.  :lmao:

Barkley was good when he played in Alabama but I wouldn't give him the best to come out of Alabama.  He developed into the best small power forward in the NBA but other than that, nawl.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 04:57:20 PM »
Yep, those old BHM public school teams were good. Aside from the schools you mentioned, remember Jones Valley, Carver, Phillips, Banks, Huffman, Glenn, Ramsay, Hayes, et al. Then you throw in some of the county schools like Homewood, Shades Valley and them Holy Family Tornadoes......man those were the days!

You prolly played against my brother at some point. He went to Jones Valley.

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 05:08:19 PM »
he did say that Ennis Whatley was the best! and I agree as I had to guard him in elementary and high school.

Ennis Whatley used to run at an outdoor court I used to play at outside of Baltimore right next to Thurgood Marshall Airport during the 90's (Sawmill Park, the fellas called it Dorsey, since its located on Dorsey Rd.) I remember one day they made me guard him. All he did was stay outside and drop 25-30 footers like water while I was trying my best to keep a hand in his face... :lol:
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 05:17:20 PM »
Yep, those old BHM public school teams were good. Aside from the schools you mentioned, remember Jones Valley, Carver, Phillips, Banks, Huffman, Glenn, Ramsay, Hayes, et al. Then you throw in some of the county schools like Homewood, Shades Valley and them Holy Family Tornadoes......man those were the days!

You prolly played against my brother at some point. He went to Jones Valley.

The only school that had me a little intimidated was Wenonah.  When you beat them you might not get out of the gym alive.  Same thing against the Tuscaloosa Schools in that day.  :lol:

I got used by a kid named Leroy Russel one game. He was one homely kid that could play some ball.  He went to school in Brent.  Leroy would tell you what he was going to do then commenced to do it.  It went something like this.

"My name is Leroy Russel and I'm the baddest guard in Alabama.  Now I'm going to take you right, pump fake once and hit a twenty foot jumper.  Then he would do it just like he said. Swish nothing but net.  "I said my name is Leroy Russel"

First time I ever asked the coach to take me out.  :lol:

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 05:21:20 PM »

"I said my name is Leroy Russel"

First time I ever asked the coach to take me out.  :lol:
:lol:

Dude sounds familiar.....

"I'M RICK JAMES WITCH!" :lol:

I am guessing this topic has gone :offtopic: :lol:
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 08:08:07 PM »
Man that cracker jack gym at Wenonah was a scary sight. Plus it's only a couple of roads in and out of that community. The new Wenonah school is really nice!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News