News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: My Republican Governor is Giving Teachers Bonuses  (Read 328 times)

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
My Republican Governor is Giving Teachers Bonuses
« on: April 21, 2011, 09:42:25 AM »
I'm glad my governor is giving bonuses to teachers.

Full story

Fifth grade teacher Georginea Johnson says she's constantly coming up with interesting ways to get her point across to her students in math and science.

"I think it's a little bit harder for the kids to understand so you have to use creative things to come up with to relate it to them,” said Johnson.

She and other teachers at Windy Gap Elementary are buzzing over the news that their school will be part of Governor Bob McDonnell's new teacher performance initiative.  At eligible schools next year, teacher's with high marks on their performance evaluations can get up to a $5,000 bonus.  15 other schools in our area made the list.

In Roanoke City, William Fleming didn't make the program, but Patrick Henry High School did.

If you're wondering about the qualifications for the program, schools must reach certain levels of the following criteria:
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule