News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Tyler Perry tells Spike Lee to " go to hell"  (Read 5560 times)

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Tyler Perry tells Spike Lee to " go to hell"
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2011, 04:10:42 PM »
Topic: Tyler Perry tells Spike Lee to " go to hell"

If he keep getting poked in the booty, he's going to be Spike Lee's hostess down there...

:tiptoe:

Expand on your statement snake. Are you going where no one in Kobe Bryant slur thread was willing to go?

Dayum, Dayum, Dayum, not another Capler everbody homophobic/embrace your inner gayness thread.  :no:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2011, 04:32:00 PM »
If you and your cronies would stop being so  homophobic, I won't have to keep calling you down to the carpet.  :nod:

Online Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2011, 04:59:58 PM »
Look, like him or not TP has a formula that works. It is predictable, but it isn't unbearable.

Memo to Spike....if your movies have a message, but over half of them suck, or the message is lost in a 6 hour movie with a bunch of weird camera angles and depressing Tuba music, then....

Stick to documentaries Spike...or deliver your message in 2 hrs or less...thank you.

TP, no need for you to say anything two years after the fact...you took the high road 2 years ago..you should have stayed there..

I guess in 2012 he will say something about Aaron MacGruder and the Boondocks episode...I hope he really shuts up about that for the rest of his life...Aaron tore him a new one..it is best if hebleaves that alone...
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2011, 05:10:35 PM »
If you and your cronies would stop being so  homophobic, I won't have to keep calling you down to the carpet.  :nod:

and to be fair homophobia is only hurting 1 group. Black women.

People on here attack me on the comments I make about black women, yet embrace behavior that has Black women being the number 1 victims of HIV and AIDS in america.

Who really has hatred in their hearts on this forum?

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2011, 07:28:33 PM »
Look, like him or not TP has a formula that works. It is predictable, but it isn't unbearable.

Memo to Spike....if your movies have a message, but over half of them suck, or the message is lost in a 6 hour movie with a bunch of weird camera angles and depressing Tuba music, then....

Stick to documentaries Spike...or deliver your message in 2 hrs or less...thank you.

TP, no need for you to say anything two years after the fact...you took the high road 2 years ago..you should have stayed there..

I guess in 2012 he will say something about Aaron MacGruder and the Boondocks episode...I hope he really shuts up about that for the rest of his life...Aaron tore him a new one..it is best if hebleaves that alone...
WOW!!!!  :o

I'm somewhat conflicted on this thread as I have deep admiration for the work of BOTH principals involved.  But I gotta say my girl, VG, laid it out very nicely with this^^^^^post.  :clap:

There is no denying the success of TP's films, but I saw the Boondocks episode that VG references and, MAN!!!!, VG is right, TP REALLY needs to be silent on that issue.  And he probably would have been better served to not put Spike on blast as he did. 

I mean, seriously, guys, what do these two boys could CONCEIVABLY think they could accomplish by going at it on, of all things, Huffington Post.  ::)

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2011, 07:31:16 PM »

VG is right, TP REALLY needs to be silent on that issue.  And he probably would have been better served to not put Spike on blast as he did. 

:clap: :clap: Thank you. 'Nuff said...

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2011, 07:43:17 PM »
TP is not hurting anybody.  As Martin said when asked why does he dress up like a woman in some of his movies.  Martian said, "IF you saw the pay check you will understand."  If you don't like T.P., you are in the minority.  

Hes hurting black folks by perpetuating stereotypes of us.

Madea isnt ANY of MY grandmothers. My Grandmothers were/are logical women who always carried themselves as classy women. Whether in the mountains of North Ethiopia or the vibrant African ex pat communities in the city of Palermo my Grandma does not act a damn thing like madea or any other stereotype he wants to put out. And also the old mans(stepfather) mom who I spent tons of time with growing up was also a great black woman nothing like Tyler Perry shows.

At school

With me many years ago :lol:

Strong black woman who has NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER acted like anything Tyler Perry puts on screen

Wasn't my grandmother either..  .but she is an exaggerated version of my aunt.  Even then Madea has some redeeming qualities.  If anybody is hurting us, it's those coon arse rappers who make music about drug dealing, misogyny, and murder. 

Did you grow up in America?  Did you grow up in the deep south?  Do you have American black relatives from the deep south?  If not, then of course you can't relate to her.   :shrug:

I agree on rappers; We will have to behead them sooner or later to get our point across. I have black American relatives from the deep south, and no matter how much I may detest them I must say they arent what Tyler Perry portrays.

Why do you detest them? :popcorn:

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2011, 08:48:07 PM »

weird camera angles and depressing Tuba music, then....

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

wow. :lmao:
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2011, 09:38:38 PM »
TP is not hurting anybody.  As Martin said when asked why does he dress up like a woman in some of his movies.  Martian said, "IF you saw the pay check you will understand."  If you don't like T.P., you are in the minority.  

Hes hurting black folks by perpetuating stereotypes of us.

Madea isnt ANY of MY grandmothers. My Grandmothers were/are logical women who always carried themselves as classy women. Whether in the mountains of North Ethiopia or the vibrant African ex pat communities in the city of Palermo my Grandma does not act a damn thing like madea or any other stereotype he wants to put out. And also the old mans(stepfather) mom who I spent tons of time with growing up was also a great black woman nothing like Tyler Perry shows.

At school

With me many years ago :lol:

Strong black woman who has NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER acted like anything Tyler Perry puts on screen

Wasn't my grandmother either..  .but she is an exaggerated version of my aunt.  Even then Madea has some redeeming qualities.  If anybody is hurting us, it's those coon arse rappers who make music about drug dealing, misogyny, and murder. 

Did you grow up in America?  Did you grow up in the deep south?  Do you have American black relatives from the deep south?  If not, then of course you can't relate to her.   :shrug:

I agree on rappers; We will have to behead them sooner or later to get our point across. I have black American relatives from the deep south, and no matter how much I may detest them I must say they arent what Tyler Perry portrays.

Why do you detest them? :popcorn:

Because only trash would raise and harbor a man who goes around making kids without taking care of them.

Offline Blackcaesar2k5

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://thebookwiz.com/70279
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2011, 01:13:09 PM »
Homosexuality is crime against humanity plain and simple..  Rappers isn't hurting the race.. There are some rappers need stop with lies about being from hood and glamorizing dope game and stop using n-word in their lyrics..  I really don't have problem with so-called misgyony...  Some of these rappers are giving people some economic secruity.  At least they aren't promoting homosexuality like hollywood and mainstream culture...

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2011, 01:28:23 PM »
Homosexuality is crime against humanity plain and simple..  Rappers isn't hurting the race.. There are some rappers need stop with lies about being from hood and glamorizing dope game and stop using n-word in their lyrics..  I really don't have problem with so-called misgyony...  Some of these rappers are giving people some economic secruity.  At least they aren't promoting homosexuality like hollywood and mainstream culture...

Aint a damn thing wrong with homosexuality.

Why are you hurting black women? Your vile and third world mentality is the reason gay guys are sleeping with them and giving them HIV. Isnt your mom,sisters, female family members black? Why do you hate them? :shrug:

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2011, 04:57:54 PM »
Homosexuality is crime against humanity plain and simple.. 

I could agree with you if you can make a compelling argument to show that it is hurting the advancement of the human species or is adding to the degradation of humanity. If there were only a few people on the planet then yes, it would be an issue you might want to stamp out.  IMO, most biblical laws, were relevant for the time they were written. For example, pork being an unclean animal.  For millions of years, man contracted trichinosis from pork. One way to prevent this was to make it a holy law. Of course now we know that the pig was the innocent by-stander in all of this, it was human feces and lack of sanitation that was the main problem.
Essentially the bible is a guide for good and healthy living that address many issues that were though to interfere with  the health and advancement of man.  Everything has a reason, if you would actually take a moment and think about it. You think some one sat around making rules just because they could?     

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2011, 06:34:05 PM »
Live and let live.

Offline Pmist

• Assistant GM
  • Class of 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2011, 07:01:08 PM »
Memo to Spike....

Basically. :nod:

FVSU BMMB

Offline Pmist

• Assistant GM
  • Class of 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2011, 07:02:18 PM »
Homosexuality is crime against humanity plain and simple.. 

A crime against humanity????  Really???  ::)  You want to talk about dramatic.  ::)

:tiptoe:

FVSU BMMB

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News