News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: The Worst TV Show!!  (Read 2563 times)

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
The Worst TV Show!!
« on: April 18, 2011, 11:05:34 PM »
We watched the absolute worst TV show ever last week - Worlds Dumbest. I could only stomach about 10 minutes of it. It was horrible and I know folks watch that crap all the time. I wish I could gain my 10 minutes back!!

Offline Nomenclature

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Worst TV Show!!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 12:39:13 AM »
The majority of TV shows on network and cable these days are garbage. So this thread is no surprise. I barely even watch TV aside from sports, a little news and The Simpsons.

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 07:57:21 AM »
Nothing on TV?  Tell me about it....watched this man in Thailand looking to catch a large stingray last night...I asked myself why.....why won't this man leave this thing alone, and why I am I even watching this?  I found myself rooting for the stingray....

I used to watch re-runs.....don't even watch those anymore since TV One put Eve and the Tracy Morgan show in the nightly line up....I promise you I think that Tracy Morgan is one of the unfunniest comedians ever second only to Joe Torry...don't think I've ever laughed at either one of them :no:

I allow myself one to two reality shows a "season" - Right now it is the Real Housewives of New York...

I'll catch the First 48 every now and again and the ID channel has started to get a lot of my attention.....But basically, I just DVR Law & Order......I have enough in the que to watch when there is absolutely nothing on TV...which is often

"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 12:41:37 PM »
I thought I liked Tracy Morgan.  The wife and I saw him a few months back at the comedy club.  Wasted money.  The first half of the show wasn't too bad, but then like MOST comics, he "needed to get the adult routine" going, and it was DOWN HILL from there.

If you have AMC you should check out "the Killing" - Sundays
Tuesday - CBS -  "the Good Wife"
Wednesday -  FX -  Justified
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 12:43:23 PM by Maroon and Gray »
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Grrrr!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 12:44:19 PM »
yeah, we all know there is a lot of craptacular shows on these days.  but I do find some really interesting shows from time to time. I do enjoy watching those crime shows where they walk you through what happened and who dunnit and how.  Some can be rather disturbing but they are very fascinating.

I love the travel channel.  Shows about places are informative as well as entertaining.  I watch a lot of movies, too.  And yes, I tune in to some reality tv shows as well, its just entertainment for me. One of the coolest shows is that Dhani Tackles the Globe - very fascinating to watch, broham tries anything and does it all, gets to know the people, the cultures, and their local sport, recreation - very refreshing to watch.

And then there is......

"YOU'RE FIRED!"

I swear, I have never watched The Apprentice but when I saw them preview
 the cast of Celebrity Apprentice, I HAD to tune in to see these clowns!   ;D

Offline 90Aggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 12:58:34 PM »
* Love That Girl - just messy - I mean a character named I'munique?! Really?

*I stumbled onto Are We There Yet one day and while it wasn't so much messy as it was rather boring. 

*I tried to watch that show about couples that comes on after Love That Girl, but turned after about 5 minutes.  Boring.

*Some reality show where these uber rich folk hire a consultant to help them have their baby, plan for their baby, name their baby - just garbage.

I find myself watching alot of syndication, but TV One messed me up when they took off A Different World and Living Single, and a lot of the "reality" shows.  I've been watching the Housewives and Bethenny, HGTV reruns of people looking for homes - there's not much on these days.   

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Grrrr!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 01:03:22 PM »
I find myself watching alot of syndication, but TV One messed me up when they took off A Different World and Living Single, and a lot of the "reality" shows.  I've been watching the Housewives and Bethenny, HGTV reruns of people looking for homes - there's not much on these days.   

:nod:  Me, too, 90Aggie. I guess I could always....READ a book?  :shrug:

Oh WAIT a minute... The Real Housewives of 'Onnidan' is coming on.   :lol:

Offline Blackcaesar2k5

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://thebookwiz.com/70279
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 02:05:57 PM »
Grey's Anatomy "aka" Gay's Anatomy has been promoting the gay agenda  and one of the most wackest shows on television..

The GAME: is second worst shows on televison...

Offline 90Aggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 02:11:38 PM »

:nod:  Me, too, 90Aggie. I guess I could always....READ a book?  :shrug:

I have to have some background noise when I'm playing Mahjongg.  I guess I could go back to listening to the radio.  :shrug:

Offline Ramese98

• Assistant GM
  • THE NEW ASU
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 02:48:23 PM »
I love the show BONES, it is one of my favorites. I also like OWN, especially the Oprah's Masterclass it kinda reminds of 60 Minutes meets Oprah.
Extreme Couponing has garnered my attention as of late.
It is What It is.....It will BE what it WILL be....

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2011, 03:01:12 PM »

*I stumbled onto Are We There Yet one day and while it wasn't so much messy as it was rather boring. 

Although I have heard of it, I have not had a chance yet to see Are We There Yet.  But I wanted to chime in here because what 90A says here is EXACTLY how I find these shows, "I stumble" into them.  

I mean, seriously, the quality of television programming is so bad these years, and the number of programs and networks is so VAST, that I literally find myself channel-surfing for large swaths of time.

I was doing just that a few nights ago when I ran into the new show about Toni Braxton and her family.  And that was preceded by the new show about Sinbad and his family.  I had heard about these shows on the Tom Joyner Morning show, but was neither aware of the network nor the times until I literally "stumbled" into them.

Btw, I realize that reality television is really NOT that, a good deal of it is contrived/staged, but this stuff^^^^^is bad.............REALLY bad.  :(

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 03:07:11 PM »
I don't do reality shows PERIOD...

If it's not sports, it needs to be a movie, crime/mystery drama, or something like that... :tiptoe:

Teeny and Little

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 03:18:28 PM »
the best 'regular' shows on TV now are on cable channels.

AMC
FX
HBO
Starz
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline 90Aggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 03:28:52 PM »
I was doing just that a few nights ago when I ran into the new show about Toni Braxton and her family.  And that was preceded by the new show about Sinbad and his family.  I had heard about these shows on the Tom Joyner Morning show, but was neither aware of the network nor the times until I literally "stumbled" into them.

I wanted to watch those, but I didn't know what time/channel they were on.  I figured that Toni Braxton show was going to be a mess because I saw her and her sisters on the The Talk last week and one of them, Tamar, I believe, was quite, um, talkative.  ;)

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Grrrr!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2011, 04:16:10 PM »
Tamar wants to make a comeback so you will see her being the biggest diva fool on the Braxtons show.  ::)

And.... speaking of shows... present and new......

New Malcolm Jamal-Warner BET sitcom ‘Reed Between the Lines’ to shoot in Atlanta 

BET will be creating a third sitcom starring Tracee Ellis Ross (”Girlfriends”) and Malcolm Jamal-Warner (”The Cosby Show,” “Malcolm & Eddie”) called “Reed Between the Lines.”

« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 04:18:46 PM by Jay_Thomas »

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule