News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: WHAT OTHER COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY DID YOU SERIOUSLY CONSIDER  (Read 5398 times)

Offline KHawk

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT OTHER COLLEGE OR UNIVERSITY DID YOU SERIOUSLY CONSIDER
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2011, 06:34:56 PM »
KHawk,

I insist that you stop telling my age... 

I am not telling your age.  I am telling my age.  As a matter of fact, today is my birthday.  I am a very young 56 years old today.  I thank God for blessing and keeping me in spite and despite of my many shortcomings.  To God be the Glory!!!!

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr.SIAC/Mr.SWAC
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2011, 02:52:10 PM »
Good Question. When I started my College search in Spring 93 I sent my grades to all the HBCU's in Alabama except Concordia and Stillman. But I got exceptence letters from Miles,Tuskegee,Alabama St.,Alabama A&M, and Talladega. I have family ties to Miles,Alabama St.,NC A&T,and Tuskegee. So I have been surrounded by HBCUs all my life. But my decision was hard to choose after I had visited Miles,Alabama St.,Alabama A&M,and Tuskegee. So what I did I took some small pieces of paper wrote those schools names on them. Put them in a basket close my eyes and  just stuck my hand in the basket and grab a piece of paper. When I open my eyes I saw that I had pull Miles and that's how I got to attend Miles. :nod:
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive",WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions:01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015,2018,19 SIAC West Div.FB Champs
2011,2015-19 SIAC FB Champs
2011 Pioneer Bowl

Offline klg14

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2011, 06:32:12 PM »
I'm sorry to say no HBCUs were on my list when I was considering where to go for undergraduate study. I just wasn't interested. To the my Mother's disappointment.  :no:  However, I made it up to her later.  :nod:

I choose UC San Diego because it was in my parents' price range, a reasonable distance from home, and wasn't a popular destination among my high school classmates.
  :)

However, here are the other schools I was considering:
Stanford (My first choice but too much $$$)
USC (Too close to home & too much $$$)
Loyola Marymount University (Too much $$$ for a school with no name recognition)
Cal State Dominquez Hills (Really to close to home)

Mills College (Good school but not coed)
July 4, 1881 - A Great Day in History...

"Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve."  - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“Google can bring you back 100,000 answers, a librarian can bring you back the right one.” - Neil Gaiman

HBCUs provide a culturally affirming college experience.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule