News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Karl Rove: Birther Issue Turned Donald Trump Into A ‘Joke Candidate’  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
Reality TV and real estate personality Donald Trump may be as far as nine points ahead in the latest GOP 2012 polls, but that doesn’t mean the Republican establishment is ready to embrace him with open arms. On last night’s On the Record, Karl Rove did his best to distance the party from the Donald, telling Greta Van Susteren that his “weird conspiracy theories” about President Obama’s birth certificate made him a “joke candidate.”

After a lengthy discussion about the current budget battle in Congress in which Rove claimed Republicans had attained victory, if only because the federal government’s budget authority had been reduced by $60 billion, Van Susteren questioned Rove on Trump’s impact on the Republican Party. Rove refused to answer whether Trump “hurt” the Party, noting instead that his obsession with President Obama’s birth certificate “hurts Donald Trump.” “He was an interested candidate who had a business background and could have contributed to dialogue,” Rove lamented, adding that making the birth certificate a centerpiece of his campaign delegitimized him. “He’s off there in the nutty right, and is not an inconsequential candidate,” Rove concluded, adding that “the guy is smarter than this” and he was “sorry to see it happen.” He also denounced claims that President Obama didn’t go to school, citing a friend who was a classmate of the President’s, and the conspiracy theory about the newspaper reports in Hawaii.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/karl-rove-birther-issue-turned-donald-trump-into-a-joke-candidate/

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Now you K----s want to make Rove a sage....You K----s are so retarded.

Offline MisterIkester

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
I knew it was just a matter of time before you tossed Karl under your short bus.

I guess Bill O'Reilly's next... www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/14/jon-stewart-bill-oreilly-birthers_n_849033.html
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 01:35:27 PM by MisterIkester »
"I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually." -James Baldwin

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
I knew it was just a matter of time before you tossed Karl under your short bus.

I guess Bill O'Reilly's next... huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/14/jon-stewart-bill-oreilly-birthers_n_849033.html

There's no kicking Rove or O'Reilly under the bus. IMHO, they simply happen to be wrong with respect to their position about the Barry eligibility issues.

However, again, it's really funny to see you K----s post Rove's comments to buttress your dumb a-- positions.,.. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
What's funny to me is that the staunch and stalwart GOP leaders, people with whom Oldsport would normally agree, are pretty much calling him a fruitcake and a nut.  :lol:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 12:04:59 PM by Wildman78 »

Offline MisterIkester

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

I guess Bill O'Reilly's next... huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/14/jon-stewart-bill-oreilly-birthers_n_849033.html

There's no kicking Rove or O'Reilly under the bus. IMHO, they simply happen to be wrong with respect to their position about the Barry eligibility issues.

However, again, it's really funny to see you K----s post Rove's comments to buttress your dumb a-- positions.,.. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You know what's even funnier; the fact that most conservatives KNOW that you and your ilk are a bunch of f--kin' dumbasses.

Yet you people (thanks, y) are so brain-dead y'all don't even realize it...or maybe you people (thanks again, y) are just experiencing a terminal case of denial that the people you thought were gonna take your side are saying ''no thanks'' en masse.

As a matter of fact, that ain't funny, that's sad as hell. :no:

Trump/Palin 2012!
"I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually." -James Baldwin

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
Donald Trump is digging a huge hole for himself

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

I have a funny feeling that Trump is going to make tidy profit off this venture at the expense of the GOP's credibility.  >:(

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book

I have a funny feeling that Trump is going to make tidy profit off this venture at the expense of the GOP's credibility.  >:(

^^^^ What Wildman said!!!! ^^^^^

Trump has talked about running for Pres maybe 3 times before and it always ends the same way:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MORE PUBLICITY FOR THE EGO-DRIVEN DONALD!!!<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Meanwhile, the Repubs - some of them at least - are falling for it hook, line and sinker!

The Donald is out for The Donald and The Donald ONLY.

I hope he runs!!  Palin, too.

Even Bachmann has enough sense to stay away from this nonsense.
O0
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 09:19:58 PM by Bison66 »

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book

Hey Oldsport,

Which Repub party leader or major figure would YOU rather that we quote on the birther issue?

Or even better, why don't you just post their supportive quotes of YOUR dumb a-- positions right here?

We'll see who gets the last  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

O0

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
OH, so now OS believes - like Rove, etc. - that the President was born in Hawaii.

But, OS, which Repub leaders (see ? above) would you prefer us quote re: the BIRTHER ISSUE?

The reason YOU can't answer this question is because ALL the Repub leaders AGREE WITH US and NOT YOU, until your midnight so-called conversion.

I guess, OS, when Bachmann jumped ship, you figured it was time for you to get off the sinking birther ship along with the rats.

O0
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 07:24:05 PM by Bison66 »

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
 :lmao: :lmao:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule