News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Virginia: Guns can be carried in church  (Read 786 times)

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Virginia: Guns can be carried in church
« on: April 13, 2011, 09:13:00 AM »
Full story

Virginians may carry weapons for personal protection into places of worship while religious services are being conducted, according to a legal opinion from Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli II. Virginia law bars carrying weapons in churches and other worship houses while a religious meeting is being held unless a person has "good and sufficient reason." In an opinion written Friday and posted on his Web site Monday, Cuccinelli (R) indicates that the "right of self defense lies at the heart of the right to keep and bear arms." Therefore, he concludes, "carrying a weapon for personal protection constitutes a good and sufficient reason under the statute."
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
Re: Virginia: Guns can be carried in church
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 10:25:17 AM »
Church and carrying a gun. Call me dumb, but I ain' connecting the dots here... :shrug:

Offline Bro. Askia Musa Afiba

• Assistant GM
  • "Sound Machine" Band Booster & NCCU Eagle Club
    • View Profile
    • NCCU Eagles Fan Forum
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 02:13:50 PM »
More conservative "Tea Party" Republican foolishness,  like that "Holy Book" burning pastor, who doesn't have a clue.

Shame On Them and May God Have Mercy on their misguided minds and souls, outside of Heaven.
 :nono2: :crazy: :nono2:

What is next, Loaded Guns by bigoted "Tea party" drunks, in Bars, Schools and Hospitals as well?

Take care!  
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 02:17:08 PM by Bro. Askia Musa Afiba »

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 03:09:07 PM »
Church and carrying a gun. Call me dumb, but I ain' connecting the dots here... :shrug:

I am feeling the same way.  I not connecting the dots either.  I wonder who are they scared of at church.

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 03:10:27 PM »
Ditto...

Teeny and Little

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 08:18:10 PM »
There are guys that are packing at my church every Sunday. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 12:52:12 PM »
Meanwhile is Texas we have this.

----------

News
Texas Lawmakers Back Off Concealed Carry on Campus
by Associated Press , April 14, 2011

AUSTIN, Texas — Two months ago, Texas looked ready to allow concealed handguns in college classrooms. Lawmakers lined up to sponsor a bill, pistol-packing Gov. Rick Perry supported it and gun control activists had all but conceded defeat.

Then students and administrators from the state’s universities mobilized in opposition, swaying two Democratic lawmakers who had supported the bill. Without them, the bill’s sponsor hasn’t had enough support to get a vote in the state Senate. Two attempts in the past week have failed, and the measure is now struggling to survive in a state that usually embraces guns and their mythical connection to the old West.

Texas is where concealed handgun license holders are allowed to skip metal detectors in the state Capitol, and Perry made headlines for shooting a coyote while out on a morning jog last year. State lawmakers are now considering a bill that would exempt them from bans on carrying guns into churches, sporting events and nursing homes.

Hearings on the measure were dominated by powerful testimony from supporters who had been raped or assaulted on campus and by opponents who survived the shootings at Virginia Tech and the University of Texas in 1966, when sniper Charles Whitman killed or wounded dozens of people.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 02:24:10 PM »
.......well, then, you ought to be in a unique position to answer the question posed above.

Just exactly WHO are your fellow parishioners afraid of, the message being rendered by the pastor, the folks sitting around them, the strange looking usher, who?  :shrug:

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 02:48:29 PM »
.......well, then, you ought to be in a unique position to answer the question posed above.

Just exactly WHO are your fellow parishioners afraid of, the message being rendered by the pastor, the folks sitting around them, the strange looking usher, who?  :shrug:

aw snap, i dang near spat some water on my keyboard......

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule