News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Almost every frat member I have met join for women  (Read 2490 times)

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
Re: Almost every frat member I have met join for women
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2011, 04:51:59 PM »
I'm no expert on Greek Organizations, but with my lowly Tuskegee education and a meager 88 percentile results on college entrance exams, I do know that graduate chapters isn't just for those in graduate programs.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #TigerPride Grrrr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2011, 04:56:52 PM »
Indeed, I know many who pledged a greek org much later after graduating.  :nod:

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2011, 05:09:43 PM »
Okay.....so, while we are on this topic, what are some of the reasons
 that people pledge GRAD chapters of greek organizations?  :shrug:

I think those reasons might be a lot more interesting than why guys pledge undergrad.

Neymar, any thoughts on that?  

I have no idea about grad school. In my understanding I think a person doing a competitive grad school program would be too busy to go through something like that.

Sidebar:   Grad chapters are the slang term for what should be referred to as alumni chapters.  There are no universities that host a graduate chapter of a BGLO to my knowledge.

A person can make time for whatever they deem is important. 

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 05:50:05 PM »
I'm no expert on Greek Organizations, but with my lowly Tuskegee education and a meager 88 percentile results on college entrance exams, I do know that graduate chapters isn't just for those in graduate programs.

All that is required to gain membership into an alumni (also commonly known as grad chapters) chapter (academically) is to have earned a bachelor's degree. Graduate school has nothing to do with membership into an Alumni Chapter.
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
1997, 1998, 1999 CIAA WOMEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2011, 06:17:02 PM »
This story has more holes than a busted hose. Why would a brother question you because you have on  a suit?  Makes your sense.

Now if you want to render your opinion and say" I think most men join a Fraternity because of women and power, then you have a mute discussion because that is your opinion and the male Greeks on this board can go back and forth with you and still want change your mind.  So like one poster  :shrug:

This first give away was the biggest anti-BGLO person on the board brought this up. He must be a graduate of the Y school of conveniet stories.  J, maybe the business suit he was wearing looked like this, and thus the questions.   :shrug:
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011, 06:45:44 PM »
This story has more holes than a busted hose. Why would a brother question you because you have on  a suit?  Makes your sense.

Now if you want to render your opinion and say" I think most men join a Fraternity because of women and power, then you have a mute discussion because that is your opinion and the male Greeks on this board can go back and forth with you and still want change your mind.  So like one poster  :shrug:

This first give away was the biggest anti-BGLO person on the board brought this up. He must be a graduate of the Y school of conveniet stories.  J, maybe the business suit he was wearing looked like this, and thus the questions.   :shrug:

When have I ever said I was anti BGLO? :shrug:

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2011, 07:01:23 PM »

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Exhibit C

There are others.  :nod:

Schizophrenia is a group of severe brain disorders in which people interpret reality abnormally. Schizophrenia may result in some combination of hallucinations, delusions and disordered thinking and behavior. The ability of people with schizophrenia to function normally and to care for themselves tends to deteriorate over time.

Positive symptoms
In schizophrenia, positive symptoms reflect an excess or distortion of normal functions. These active, abnormal symptoms may include:

Delusions. These beliefs are not based in reality and usually involve misinterpretation of perception or experience. They are the most common of schizophrenic symptoms.

Hallucinations. These usually involve seeing or hearing things that don't exist, although hallucinations can be in any of the senses. Hearing voices is the most common hallucination among people with schizophrenia.

Thought disorder. Difficulty speaking and organizing thoughts may result in stopping speech midsentence or putting together meaningless words, sometimes known as "word salad."

Disorganized behavior. This may show in a number of ways, ranging from childlike silliness to unpredictable agitation.

J this seems like a classic case. :shrug:
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2011, 07:05:18 PM »

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

Exhibit C

There are others.  :nod:

Schizophrenia is a group of severe brain disorders in which people interpret reality abnormally. Schizophrenia may result in some combination of hallucinations, delusions and disordered thinking and behavior. The ability of people with schizophrenia to function normally and to care for themselves tends to deteriorate over time.

Positive symptoms
In schizophrenia, positive symptoms reflect an excess or distortion of normal functions. These active, abnormal symptoms may include:

Delusions. These beliefs are not based in reality and usually involve misinterpretation of perception or experience. They are the most common of schizophrenic symptoms.

Hallucinations. These usually involve seeing or hearing things that don't exist, although hallucinations can be in any of the senses. Hearing voices is the most common hallucination among people with schizophrenia.

Thought disorder. Difficulty speaking and organizing thoughts may result in stopping speech midsentence or putting together meaningless words, sometimes known as "word salad."

Disorganized behavior. This may show in a number of ways, ranging from childlike silliness to unpredictable agitation.

J this seems like a classic case. :shrug:

Those are more attacks on the people in the organizations than the organizations themselves.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline Jaimac

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2011, 07:12:10 PM »
???   :shrug:

:tiptoe:
"The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically.  Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education."

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

~Martin Luther King,

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2011, 08:30:58 PM »
 :lmao: :lol:
I have to agree, that boy needs help.
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26