News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Tuskegee University Student Spa--es Out In A HBCU! "I Will Kill You"  (Read 6235 times)

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #GeauxJAGS
    • View Profile
Re: Tuskegee University Student Spa--es Out In A HBCU! "I Will Kill You"
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2011, 12:06:13 PM »
Even IF it did happen at Tuskegee - its one student having a not-so-great moment. If somebody caught me on video and posted one of my many [maybe not that many] not-so-great moments on the net, that would seriously just suck.

Thats why I hate that stupid site. Instead of calling it WorldStar Hip Hop, it should be calling GhettofiedMess.Com - but there is probably already a site for that too.  Does EVERY SINGLE THING have to be posted on the internet? 

Its bad enough waking up every morning seeing young brothers on the news 7 damn days a week for senseless crimes.  Now we have a website, one of many I am sure, devoted to this crap.   :brickwall:
When Karen gets ejected from the game....

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2011, 12:25:04 PM »
Your legs must really be tired from all that backpedaling. You cited Va Tech & Tuskegee GPA & ACT Scores and you made the reference that Tuskegee enrolled lesser students.  But now you want to lay it on society. Did society make you look up the stats you provided? Or was it some other innocuous being?  You are no longer a crab.  At least a crustacean has an outer shell.  You are now an amoeba as they are spineless creatures.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2011, 12:29:38 PM »
Your legs must really be tired from all that backpedaling. You cited Va Tech & Tuskegee GPA & ACT Scores and you made the reference that Tuskegee enrolled lesser students.  But now you want to lay it on society. Did society make you look up the stats you provided? Or was it some other innocuous being?  You are no longer a crab.  At least a crustacean has an outer shell.  You are now an amoeba as they are spineless creatures.

Bruh I have my name,school, and location on here. Come see me if you really think I am a coward.

TU, and its students, do not compare to VT at all.  I stand by this statement and society backs me up.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline RamMan4Life

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2011, 12:29:58 PM »
     Anyone can have a good or bad day taking a test....true intelligence to me is a daily struggle and grind to succeed against all odds. Suffice it to say that HBCU students/graduates are better-equipped than most to succeed when the road gets bumpy. Can anyone say that about the PWC graduate/student born with a silver-spoon in their mouth who always had great grades and was given everything whether they deserve it or not? What is the mark made by that institution over the long haul instead of the short sprint ? This incident (if it indeed happened at Mother Tuskegee) is a miniscule representation of life as a whole at HBCU campuses across the country. If we eliminated Tuskegee, where would the country and our people be as a whole? Eliminate Virginia Tech and ......hmm?  Forgive my criticism, but a black mark (real or fake) against ANY HBCU is a black mark against the very system that produced me.
A past to cherish....a future to fulfill.

Class of '92

Home of the1960 Albany State College Rams, who finished the season UNDEFEATED and a DEFENSE UNSCORED UPON!!

KAPPA ALPHA PSI FRATERNITY,INC.
 "Detrimental" Delta Xi Chapter

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2011, 12:34:41 PM »
    Anyone can have a good or bad day taking a test....true intelligence to me is a daily struggle and grind to succeed against all odds. Suffice it to say that HBCU students/graduates are better-equipped than most to succeed when the road gets bumpy. Can anyone say that about the PWC graduate/student born with a silver-spoon in their mouth who always had great grades and was given everything whether they deserve it or not? What is the mark made by that institution over the long haul instead of the short sprint ? This incident (if it indeed happened at Mother Tuskegee) is a miniscule representation of life as a whole at HBCU campuses across the country. If we eliminated Tuskegee, where would the country and our people be as a whole? Eliminate Virginia Tech and ......hmm?  Forgive my criticism, but a black mark (real or fake) against ANY HBCU is a black mark against the very system that produced me.

You dont need a silver spoon in your mouth to do well in American schools....Crap is literally regurgitation of facts for the most part. There is also no limit on how much you can take the SAT and ACT.

18?....really 18? What can a kid do with an 18 on the ACT? College isnt for everybody, and the minute many HBCUS get that through their head things would get better.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2011, 01:02:27 PM »
The big thing on college admissions is what the students go after the college graduation.  Many graduates go from HBCUs to the "elite" schools and earned advanced degrees.  (Most on this board understand what I am saying.)  I know some Tuskegee grads who have doctorates.  They are younger than 40.

The entrance test scores, not the best predictor of college success, and grades are one thing.  (This country’s education system is going ‘L’ in a hand basket due to an overreliance on test scores.)  The accomplishments after graduation are another.

I know of graduates of HBCUs who earned advanced degrees from Virginia Tech.  I will not slam Virginia Tech on the tragedy that happened on their campus a few years ago.  (I am some decency.)  I am betting that they are still trying to get over it.

Offline EB

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2011, 01:06:03 PM »
Rather have that happen than a student (or faculty) shooting up the place.

Dude...dont.

Those schools that have shootings, and their students, are light years ahead of the Tuskeegee institute

Rather have that happen than a student (or faculty) shooting up the place.

Dude...dont.

Those schools that have shootings, and their students, are light years ahead of the Tuskeegee institute

so it seems
much more enlighten to just shoot everybody

Tuskeegee
Test Scores & GPA
Average GPA: GPA Unavailable(Minimum 2.0 all 2.5 transfer)
Average ACT: 18
Average SAT: 900

Virginia Tech
Average GPA: 3.7(3.0 freshman 2.0 transfer)
Average ACT: 28
Average SAT: 1250

One freak accident? Or four years with underachieving n---as that wont even respect your space and put you on the internet to laugh at you when you fight back.

Neymar,

Where is this Tuskeegee Institute you spake of so eloquently?

This is a very good question.  Reading is fundamental.  One could probably say the same thing for spelling.

Some yahoo wearing a Tuskegee shirt does not mean this happened at Tuskegee.  

Some people who do not attend HBCUs were paraphernalia from HBCUs.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 01:17:16 PM by EB »

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2011, 01:07:30 PM »

Teeny and Little

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2011, 01:34:53 PM »
Neymar,

From which side of your forked tongue are you speaking from now?

Bruh I have my name,school, and location on here. Come see me if you really think I am a coward.

TU, and its students, do not compare to VT at all.  I stand by this statement and society backs me up.

So am I suppose to be scared by your threat? Oh my!!  A real life ITG - ooooooooohhhhhhh I'm shaking in my boots!  I can give a flying flip as to who you are, what school miseducated you or what rock you slivered from. See, in reality and in due time with wisdom and maturation, you will learn it's not how much you make that's important, it's what you do with what you make.

As for comparing Skegeeans to Hokies, that's on you. You brought it up, thus you deal with it. No one other than you mentioned any other schools by name. But that's how your single variable, closed mind works in reality.

Here's a little something for you to study and understand.....
If your hands are closed, I can't give you anything
If your eyes are closed, I cant show you anything
If your mind is closed, I can't teach you anything

Lastly, when you return to the dirt from which you were created, all those things you claim that society told you that you were better than others mean absolutely nothing. So those you put down as order takers, holding the mayo, will be in a much better place than you in ahem, that same society that blew smoke up your anus and in the afterlife.

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2011, 01:49:32 PM »
BT - The Double Truf Bomb for 87 please... :nod:

Teeny and Little

Offline QueHBCUFan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2011, 02:08:41 PM »
You better say it '87!!!!  :clap: :clap:

There are a lot of ignorant educated folks walking on earth.
ALBANY STATE UNIVERSITY

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2011, 02:28:19 PM »
Three pages of comments about the video on this incident at Tuskegee; one COMMENT on the 22nd Annual Honda Campus All-Star Challenge which featured Tuskegee in a national quarterfinal and national semifinal (congrats to the Tigers).  Honestly, it isn't just kids posting videos on WSHH who don't see the big picture.

::)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 02:35:55 PM by WileECoyote06 »

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2011, 02:32:15 PM »
You're right WileE... :nod:

Teeny and Little

Offline Brother Tony

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2011, 02:59:45 PM »
EXPRESS BOMBS....BOOM AND BOOM....AND ANOTHER BOOM FOR WileE  :nod:
TUSKEGEE.....THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!

"BRINGING THE WORLD TO TUSKEGEE AND TUSKEGEE TO THE WORLD"

Offline NovaSkegee

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2011, 03:07:51 PM »
What is clear in the video is the student was angry and was not in the mood for his personal items to be toyed around with. He didn't use the "N-word" as would be so common with too many blacks. Also, there was not fight to take place.

Life in a dorm.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule