News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Something most folk don't know about you.  (Read 2784 times)

Offline Pmist

• Assistant GM
  • Class of 2007
    • View Profile
Re: Something most folk don't know about you.
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 05:04:19 AM »
I guess one thing about me is that I detest conflict and avoid it as much as possible, because if I'm forced to confront you it won't be pretty....I've grown a lot, but my temper is legendary...slow to burn but when it ignites somebody better move out of the way.

And this is why we get along so well.  ;D I am the exact same way!  :nod: 

My pa** ion runs deep,.....

And this is why we bump heads, yet understand each other. :nod:  Two passionate people. :lol:  This usually means we wont budge from our positions when we dig in. Got that from both my mother and my father. DOUBLE DOSE! :LOL:  I can respect and value that! :nod:  :lol:

FVSU BMMB

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 08:50:16 AM »
The Walmart bathroom story is an April Fool's joke.
Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
― Isaac Asimov

Offline Brother Tony

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 09:17:37 AM »
SOMETHING MOST FOLK DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME?
I don't know, ask somebody else about me and see what they say.  :shrug:
TUSKEGEE.....THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!

"BRINGING THE WORLD TO TUSKEGEE AND TUSKEGEE TO THE WORLD"

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 12:18:49 PM »
That's the old way of thinking. Scientist are beginning to think that genetics plays a larger role in obesity and they are looking for specific genes that control it. I understand the behavior angle,  -if you don't put the calories in, the body cannot store it as fat. The body normally uses calories as energy and stores or excretes what it does not need.  But in some cases much of what goes in gets stored instead of being used. And in the case of rail thin people, gets used  instead of being stored.  Once scientist unlock the key to this mystery,   effective weight management drugs can be developed.

No, actually it isn't the "old way of thinking".
You see, the perspective that you're promoting above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

.......is assuming that the human body was made to be sedentary.
It isn't.

Sure, there is a certain "set point" that your body wants to gravitate to. But that set point is assuming that the individual is sedentary. Again, scientist can try to come up with drugs to solve all of our problems, but that doesn't mean that they are necessary.....................and there will ALWAYS be side effects to any drugs used to treat anything.

Anytime you let anything set up without being used (i.e. a car, a bicycle, a house, a human body) it will begin a precipitous decline in function and integrity. If you sit up in your house, do no physical activity, and take in more calories than you need you will indeed become overweight and possibly obese. Again, there may be a genetic predisposition to having a low metabolism and storing fat, but those who are obese because of a genetic  factor, are a very small percentage of the population. If that weren't the case, the rates of obesity today would be the same as they were 20 years ago, or even 40 years ago. A genetic mutation would take much longer than one generation, to cause an epidemic within a population. So, what that tells us is that more than likely the biggest factor is lifestyle (which includes diet, physical activity, etc). Check this for further reading.............

http://www.elements4health.com/physical-activity-can-reduce-genetic-predisposition-to-obesity-by-40-percent.html

Here's the actual journal article for those interested............

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20824172

Sorry to get on my soapbox but, I just don't want people using "genetics" or a "gland problem" as an excuse as to why people are obese. We need to start getting back to a time when we had physical education in schools, and people ate more often at home (as opposed to fast food three times/week), and did some kind of daily physical activity (even if it was a manual labor job). Hoping for a drug to solve that problem is part of what's wrong with Americans and their health today........................ESPECIALLY Black folks.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:27:22 PM by Ivan »
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

Offline 90Aggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 12:30:33 PM »
I'm not as mean as I look.  >:(   ---------->    ;D

Offline aggiegrad2009

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 03:41:44 PM »
Same as 90Aggie I'm not nearly as mean as I look at times...........

I'm one that doesn't deal with or tolerate foolishness because I don't have to so I stay away from it and keep it away from me.....

Although some think I'm mean I'm as nice a person as anyone could meet and would give an individual the shirt off my back if they need it......

I'm very big on education especially within our communities. I try to push and encourage each and everyone to get as much as possible while you are able and often times tell them that regardless of cost to look at it as an investment for a better future.

I'm very big on common courtesy and respect and HATE to see people disrespected. I have a soft spot and can get real "colored" when I see people mistreated especially those that are a little less fortunate than us.

I will admit I have a quick temper but that is from my lack of patience which I'm working on. I'm just a person that likes to nip things before they really get started......

Knocking down the competition one game at a time!!!!!!

Offline Bearforlife

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2011, 03:45:29 PM »
What most don't know about me....I have always wanted to be a JET Beauty of the week :tiptoe:

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2011, 03:47:20 PM »
What most don't know about me....I have always wanted to be a JET Beauty of the week :tiptoe:

You can be the Onnidan Beauty of the Week.  The next available week is in 2023.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2011, 03:57:44 PM »
The Walmart bathroom story is an April Fool's joke.

Maryland Man Superglued to Walmart Toilet

Published April 07, 2011

| FoxNews.com

Maryland police say a man became stuck to a Walmart store toilet seat after someone spread glue on it.

It happened Thursday evening at a store in Elkton. Officials refused to say how long the man was stuck before he was able to get help.

Police say emergency workers removed the seat from the toilet and took the man out with seat still attached to him. The seat was removed at the emergency room at Union Hospital.

Police say the incident is a second-degree assault case that may have been a random prank the night before April Fool's Day.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/04/07/maryland-man-superglued-walmart-toilet/#ixzz1IxnA9XB3

Offline 90Aggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2011, 03:59:21 PM »
Although some think I'm mean I'm as nice a person as anyone could meet

I think I'm very nice, once you engage me or get to know me.  

I'm very big on common courtesy and respect

That's me.  I'm the first one to say "thank you" for holding the door open for me or for whatever nice thing a person does for me.  I'm the one who still says, "Yes, ma'am" and "No, sir" to my elders.  

I will admit I have a quick temper

I'm developing road rage these days, so I've got to work on that.   :(

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2011, 04:02:06 PM »

Now that is what you call aiming for the top of the tree instead of the moon.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2011, 04:02:18 PM »
How long was this dude on the crapper?  And didn't he feel the gel and/or moisture? This is why I flat out refuse to drop a deuce in a public restroom. There ain't enough toilet paper in them stalls to line that seat. I can hold it until I get home!

Offline RamMan4Life

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2011, 04:09:10 PM »
I am an avid gardener and have a soft spot in my heart.
A past to cherish....a future to fulfill.

Class of '92

Home of the1960 Albany State College Rams, who finished the season UNDEFEATED and a DEFENSE UNSCORED UPON!!

KAPPA ALPHA PSI FRATERNITY,INC.
 "Detrimental" Delta Xi Chapter

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #GeauxJAGS
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2011, 04:10:53 PM »
I'm not as mean as I look.  >:(   ---------->    ;D

I AM MEANER than I LOOK.  :(  :o  =================>   >:(

They mistake my nice guy-next-door-look to think I'm easy.
Then when my Inner Ike breaks loose, folks looking crazy wondering what in the heyal happened.

Hey, you ask for it, you just might get it. I try to warn them.  :lol:
When Karen gets ejected from the game....

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2011, 04:15:00 PM »
Most Folks Don't Know:

...I've been through a lot in the last few years.

...I love Italian food.

...I see spirits.

...all of my dreams (while I'm sleeping) eventually come to pass.

...the mere sight of olives make me gag.

...I'm mischievous.

...I love volunteer work.

...I love kids.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule