News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Family Dog ket missing Elgin boy warm  (Read 1738 times)

Online Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Family Dog ket missing Elgin boy warm
« on: April 06, 2011, 05:17:12 PM »

ELGIN, S.C. — Authorities are crediting the family dog with keeping a missing 2-year-old Elgin boy safe and warm as he spent a night outside this weekend.

Kershaw County Sheriff Jim Matthews says Tyler Jacobson was found behind a neighbor's home Saturday morning.

His mother reported Tyler missing at 8 p.m. Friday after the boy left the room where the family was watching a movie and didn't return. Deputies used bloodhounds and a helicopter to search until after midnight but found nothing. ????  During the night, Matthews says the family's mixed Labrador retriever kept watch over Tyler as temperatures dipped into the 40s.

A crying Tyler and the dog were found Saturday morning about a quarter-mile from his home. The boy was examined by emergency personnel and taken to a clinic for evaluation.

Article

That dog would be eating T-Bone steak the rest of his life were I the parent.  What did strike me odd was they called off the search for a 2 year old.  :shrug:

SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
  • ^Olds**ts, DUMBASSwh?y & mrwh?yers**ts Prez & Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Family Dog ket missing Elgin boy warm
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 07:50:45 AM »
Budget cuts.  >:(

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
  • ^Olds**ts, DUMBASSwh?y & mrwh?yers**ts Prez & Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 07:51:36 AM »
It's the same mentality that prevented Firefighters from putting out a burning house.....

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 09:51:05 AM »
Where in the article did it say the search was called off?
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 10:35:17 AM »
In general, teams always call off the search at some point after dark and start back up after daylight.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 11:07:50 AM »
Who's gonna feed the pup and lad whilst the parents are in jail for child endangerment at the very least.  And i want to know just what movie they were watching to lose track of a child.....i'm sorry, aint nothing that important to me.....nothing at all....

Offline ckbcksTU75

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tuskegee.edu
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 11:41:23 AM »
'87 Alum, you may be a little too harsh on the parents..things can happen so quickly...

years ago, my husband and then 2 young children (maybe 4 and 2 years old then) had just gotten comfortably settled in a cabin at a state park.  They were playing and we were watching a game on television.  I heard them playing and then I didn't.   Just like that we couldn't  find them..we knew that they had not gone out the front door because it was in the room we were in.  The cabin was small and we did not hear the back door open...but we called out and looked inside and out and they were just  not there...

Guess what?  They were hiding in our large suitcase and were grinning from ear to ear when they were found.  We could have KILLED them if we weren't so HAPPY to see them!

It was in a flash, I tell  you...
TU..."We will love thee forever......"

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 11:44:43 AM »
Agreed but you were aware enough to know they hadn't left the cabin. I see it too often the kids are running rampant and the so called adults are in la-la land

Online Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 03:11:12 PM »
Where in the article did it say the search was called off?

It was specifically said on the TV news report.  :shrug:
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 03:52:58 PM »
I see it too often the kids are running rampant and the so called adults are in la-la land

:nod: If I had a dime for every time I have seen THIS situation in malls, stores, restaurants etc., I'd be one rich motor scooter....People are getting dumber by the day...Stepping/walking into traffic without looking, walking in designated motorist lanes without looking for giving a rat's butt, letting their kids run amok..Its like civilization is going backwards by the second..Too much danged technology or something...Brain overload?? Lack of sense or common sense??
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2021, 2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
1997, 1998, 1999 CIAA WOMEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
2021, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 03:57:46 PM »
My niece did that to me at the mall one time...

I looked on the rack and 2.5 seconds later that child had gone out of the store headed up the steps to the second floor....it was a flash I tell ya..a flash...and had she gone out of the store to the left and I had gone right it would have been that much more difficult to find her....

I tore her a-- up too....needless to say I never had that problem again..
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 04:02:25 PM »
 :lmao: @VG

I could see it now. That poor child!  I know you've seen some kids on leashes?  I dunno bout dat one.......

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 04:05:01 PM »

I looked on the rack and 2.5 seconds later that child had gone out of the store headed up the steps to the second floor....it was a flash I tell ya..a flash...and had she gone out of the store to the left and I had gone right it would have been that much more difficult to find her....

Yeah, even the most attentive adults can lose track of a kid every once in a blue moon the way some of those little suckers move. :lol: :lol:

I trip out off the parents/caretakers who are just like "duuuuuhhhh".....Out in the clouds or slow as Haides while  the kids are either cuttin' up something fierce, or running bucky-buck around the store..
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2021, 2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
1997, 1998, 1999 CIAA WOMEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
2021, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 04:31:54 PM »
I took my brother's kids to the mall once.  When we got inside they took off in three directions.  I held my hand up and jiggled my keys.  I said that I had the car keys and I wasn't going to chase or follow them.  They had to follow me and when it was time to go if they weren't with me they would have to walk home.  They stayed within sight for the rest of the shopping trip. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Online Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 04:39:45 PM »

Riiiiiing, Riiiing, Hello, is this Ga. Child Services? What is the statute of limitations on a a-- whoopin?  :lol:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule