News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Absurdities in college.  (Read 731 times)

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
Absurdities in college.
« on: April 08, 2011, 09:38:10 AM »
Has anything ever happened in cla**  to make you say "I cant believe this is college?"

A kid just talked our professor out of a final exam by using the wonderful excuse

"WELL! My family coming to my graduation from out of town and I cant be stressing over no exams! "

So now there will be "a** ignments" given to people to help boost their grade if they are not happy with it...I have an "A", so I'm done ::)

Now this has happened before in cla** es. Freshman year a kid talked our cla**  out of an a** ignment(3 pages at that :no:) because it would be due homecoming at midnight.  "Awwww n---a! Homecoming n---a!!!!!" was all it took....I wont lie, I laughed like the rest in cla**  that day, but later after I realized my old man was putting a lot of money in this I am not laughing today.

I think my main idea of absurdities in college are "B" personality teachers, who let some loud student dictate the direction of the course.

Any similar stories?

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Absurdities in college.
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 10:02:15 AM »
I had a professor that had stated in his syllabus the midterm and final exams would be based on the textbook.  We had class discussions on a myriad of things.  Some dealing with the subject and most not.  You should have seen the looks on the student's faces who had not read the syllabus.  We had only gone over about three chapters in class.  The midterm covered about 12 chapters.  It was hilarious. 

I had a friend that was a retired Green Beret and about two weeks before the midterm he asked me if I had read the syllabus and I told him I did to find out when the exams would be.  He had me pull mine out and read it aloud to him.  After reading it I told him we need to study.  We told the 18 year old freshmen in the class they needed to read their syllabus.  Of course they didn't.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 11:21:42 AM »
I had a professor that had stated in his syllabus the midterm and final exams would be based on the textbook.  We had cla**  discussions on a myriad of things.  Some dealing with the subject and most not.  You should have seen the looks on the student's faces who had not read the syllabus.  We had only gone over about three chapters in cla** .  The midterm covered about 12 chapters.  It was hilarious. 

I had a friend that was a retired Green Beret and about two weeks before the midterm he asked me if I had read the syllabus and I told him I did to find out when the exams would be.  He had me pull mine out and read it aloud to him.  After reading it I told him we need to study.  We told the 18 year old freshmen in the cla**  they needed to read their syllabus.  Of course they didn't.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wont even lie. I never read the syllabus.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline ToUgh1881

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 01:05:09 PM »
I'm still  :lmao:                                                                                             at the notion  Grade for Effort

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule