News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Hey Bison 4 Life, Cholly, GK, JT, Sorry MB1  (Read 2566 times)

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Hey Bison 4 Life, Cholly, GK, JT, Sorry MB1
« on: April 02, 2011, 02:37:43 PM »
My sister/brother-in-law/nephew just left Hampton and are headed to Howard.  She said the Va folks were bad mouthing the area Howard is located.   :lol:

My sister said she's going to also take him to AAMU (I wonder why????)  :lol:  She said she knows he won't go to her alma mater.  She graduated from Samford U.  and its about two miles from her house.  :lol:

She said Hampton had a nice campus but I think his heart is set on Howard.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 10:02:29 PM by Que82 »
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Bison 4 Life
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 02:42:35 PM »
He's a smart young man. :nod:

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 03:55:08 PM »
Well if I can talk his girlfriend into going to AAMU I might have him.  :lol:
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
  • ^Olds**ts, DUMBASSwh?y & mrwh?yers**ts Prez & Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 09:31:22 PM »
Wrong A&M... ;)

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #TigerPride Grrrr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 01:32:50 PM »
I have family who are alums of both HU's.  Can't go wrong with either one.  ;)

Of course, I'm sure B4L is partial to Howard...naturally.  :lol:

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 09:22:39 PM »
Wrong A&M... ;)

Our family don't do snakes.  :lol:

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 11:53:35 PM »
Time for a CHANGE. ;)

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline BisonBlu

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 12:34:32 PM »
My sister/brother-in-law/nephew just left Hampton and are headed to Howard.  She said the Va folks were bad mouthing the area Howard is located.   :lol:

My sister said she's going to also take him to AAMU (I wonder why????)  :lol:  She said she knows he won't go to her alma mater.  She graduated from Samford U.  and its about two miles from her house.  :lol:

I visited Hampton as well as Howard, VMI, Minnesota and Ole Miss.  Each campus is had its pros and cons.  Ultimately I chose to attend Howard, what's funny is that Howard folks don't hate on Hampton at all.  But something must be wrong down there cause this is not the first time I've heard of them talking bad about the Nations Capital.

Offline aggiegrad2009

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 01:03:09 PM »

I visited Hampton as well as Howard, VMI, Minnesota and Ole Miss.  Each campus is had its pros and cons.  Ultimately I chose to attend Howard, what's funny is that Howard folks don't hate on Hampton at all.  But something must be wrong down there cause this is not the first time I've heard of them talking bad about the Nations Capital.

You are telling the truth because I know I've heard and experienced it many times when talking and dealing with various people from Hampton.

Hampton's campus has that natural beauty and sitting right there by the water certainly adds to it...........

Howard's campus isn't for everyone BUT for some reason I've always loved the place. I think I just prefer the vibe @ Howard over Hampton....

However with either of the HUs you can't really go wrong because at the end of the day it is going to be up to the individual to make the most out of their experience both academically and socially.

Knocking down the competition one game at a time!!!!!!

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Bison 4 Life, Cholly, GK, JT, Sorry MB1
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2011, 10:08:34 PM »
My sister/brother-in-law/nephew will be making their second round of visits.  FAMU, Morehouse, Skegee and AAMU.  Don't know how FAMU slipped on the list. Guess they just wanted to go to Florida.  :lol:

Sorry MB1 but ain't no way in hell my nephew is going to visit Bama State. :nono2: My baby sis knows better.  :lol:

I must admit B4L Howard currently has the upper hand. ::)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 10:10:08 PM by Que82 »

Online DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2011, 12:24:44 AM »
I visited both Hampton and Howard back in high school and was very impressed with both campuses and students.  Very professional yet one is liberal while the other is a bit more conservative.  Both HUs have their pros and cons but I wouldn't be able to choose.  Howard seemed to have a more "lively" campus, though.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2011, 07:51:44 AM »
Don't forget to visit Fayetteville State.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2011, 08:22:35 AM »
Don't forget to visit Fayetteville State.

You can forget that right there, ya'll ain't even in that boy's thoughts.  :lol:

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2011, 08:53:14 AM »
Once he visits FAMU, don't be suprised if the deal is done and he doesn't want to go anywhere else..... ;D

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2011, 09:35:07 AM »
Once he visits FAMU, don't be suprised if the deal is done and he doesn't want to go anywhere else..... ;D

I believe the deal is already done, everyone else is a long shot because he wants to go to Howard bad.  My sis is making him visit the others. :shrug:  I'm at peace with it because at least he wants to go to an HBCU.  He likes to piss me off though, he tpld me he was going to pledge Kappa and wanted me to pay for it, when he saw the look on my face he took it back.  :lol:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule