News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: U.S. Launches Attack on Libya  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
Re: U.S. Launches Attack on Libya
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 08:16:23 PM »
We didn't get the oil because the bush administration completely BUNGLED the contracting process... just like they did everything else about the war.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=14053

The fact that U.S. oil companies were frozen off the ball has NOTHING to do with bush motivation for invading Iraq... but EVERYTHING to do with his administrations total and complete lack of competence.

I don't agree with that. I think the Bush administration primarily wanted Hussein out and replaced with a democratic government and the prospect of getting oil was a secondary or collateral benefit.

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
  • ^Oldshits, DUMBASSwh?y & mrwh?yershits Prez & Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 08:34:15 PM »
WHY would the bushies want him out?

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 08:37:18 PM »
WHY would the bushies want him out?

He was a volatile enemy of Israel for one reason.

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2011, 09:00:02 PM »
I'm sure that was ONE reason... but a reason WAAAAAAAY down the list you know?

The reason at the top of the list was regime change so we could control the oil. :nod:

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2011, 09:04:33 PM »
I'm sure that was ONE reason... but a reason WAAAAAAAY down the list you know?

The reason at the top of the list was regime change so we could control the oil. :nod:

Like I said, I thought that too, but we didn't end up controlling the oil.  I'm not incline to believe that we went to war in Iraq over oil,  ousted Saddam Hussein and then put the oil up for grabs. 

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 09:21:44 PM »
We don't have the control of the oil because the incompetent bushies blew it. :shrug:

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 09:26:30 PM »
We don't have the control of the oil because the incompetent bushies blew it. :shrug:

Again, I'm not inclined to think that the U.S. went to war in Iraq war over oil and then allowed the oil to be awarded to foreign entities. I'm more inclined to think that it was never about oil.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2011, 09:48:57 PM »

Again, I'm not inclined to think that the U.S. went to war in Iraq war over oil and then allowed the oil to be awarded to foreign entities. I'm more inclined to think that it was never about oil.

I'd have to disagree with you here, Wildman. I'm inclined to agree with this piece written back in '04...

So just why did Bush choose war?

From the evidence before us today, there is no one single reason. Rather, there are three converging and tightly interwoven reasons: oil, Israel and military transformation. The Cheney energy strategy required Iraqi oil; AIPAC and the Christian right wanted to weaken the Arab world to strengthen Israel; and Don Rumsfeld wanted to expedite the transformation of the U.S. military.

http://www.alternet.org/world/19472/

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2011, 09:53:56 PM »
You guys have forgotten that Iraq tried to kill President George Herbert Walker Bush. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2011, 10:04:22 PM »
You guys have forgotten that Iraq tried to kill President George Herbert Walker Bush. 

Some folk make jokes about that.

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2011, 10:16:46 PM »

Well, I hope that is not the primary reason we went to war in Iraq. It would have been much easier and cheaper to assasinate him rather than launch a war,  capture him , try him and then execute him.

Okay Soflorattler, I can see how there may have been several reasons for the war with the prospect of getting Iraqi oil being an important consideration.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 10:22:49 PM by Wildman78 »

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2011, 10:53:21 PM »

Well, I hope that is not the primary reason we went to war in Iraq. It would have been much easier and cheaper to assasinate him rather than launch a war,  capture him , try him and then execute him.

Okay Soflorattler, I can see how there may have been several reasons for the war with the prospect of getting Iraqi oil being an important consideration.

Thing is that, it wasn't so much about what GWB (figure head in charge) did as it was the puppet masters in the background working the strings. Rove, Perle, Chaney, Hillman and Harriman among a few others. These are the demons that formulated the blueprint for going into Iraq, and gave us the reason for it...

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2011, 11:45:57 PM »
True.

Keep in mind that HALF of bushs cabinet came to the Whitehouse FROM big oil.

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News