News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: VA AG Files To Have Supreme Court Hear Obamacare Lawsuit  (Read 2572 times)

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
VA AG Files To Have Supreme Court Hear Obamacare Lawsuit
« on: February 03, 2011, 02:42:11 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Virginia Attorney General Files To Have Supreme Court Hear Obamacare Lawsuit Immediately

February 3, 2011

A couple of days ago Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem, in speaking with Scott Hennen about a federal judge in Florida invalidating Obamacare, said that the multi-state lawsuit North Dakota is a part of can and should be pushed immediately to the Supreme Court.

The various state officials involved in that multi-state lawsuit led by the State of Florida haven’t made up their minds on that issue yet, but the Attorney General of Virginia (which is pushing its own lawsuit against Obamacare) has announced that he’ll seek an immediately Supreme Court hearing.

Via emailed press release:

RICHMOND (February 3, 2011) – Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli announced today that Virginia will file a petition to ask the United States Supreme Court to take Virginia’s health care lawsuit now, as opposed to waiting for the case to first be decided by the court of appeals. The Petition for Certiorari Before Judgment in the United States Supreme Court in the case of Commonwealth v. Sebelius will be filed pursuant to Rule 11 of the Rules of the United States Supreme Court.

“Given the uncertainty caused by the divergent rulings of the various district courts on the constitutionality of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, we feel that it is necessary to seek resolution of this issue as quickly as possible,” said Cuccinelli. “Currently, state governments and private businesses are being forced to expend enormous amounts of resources to prepare to implement a law that, in the end, may be declared unconstitutional. Regardless of whether you believe the law is constitutional or not, we should all agree that a prompt resolution of this issue is in everyone’s best interest.”

Normally, appeals of decisions of United States district courts are first heard in the federal courts of appeals. But Rule 11 provides that an immediate review in the U.S. Supreme Court is permissible “upon a showing that the case is of such imperative public importance as to justify deviation from normal appellate practice and to require immediate determination in” the Supreme Court.

Attorney General Stenehjem argued that states are about to expend a lot of time and resources on shaping policies to come into compliance with Obamacare, some having already done so, therefore it’s only fair that the legal challenges to Obamacare not linger.

It will be interesting to see which lawsuit the Supreme Court hears first, however. The Virginia lawsuit also saw a ruling from a federal judge which declared the individual mandate unconstitutional, but the judge severed the mandate from the rest of the Obamacare legislation. Thus while the insurance mandate was invalidated, the rest of the law remained.

In the Florida ruling, the mandate was not severed and the entire law remains.

Frankly, if the Supreme Court is going to hear a challenge to Obamacare I’d rather they hear the challenge coming from Florida.

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/virginia-attorney-general-files-to-have-supreme-court-hear-obamacare-lawsuit-immediately/
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 02:53:30 PM by oldsport »

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: VA AG Files To Have Supreme Court Hear Obamacare Lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 04:37:51 PM »
good job ken.   :nod:
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 06:55:27 AM »

Dems (Justic Department) lawyers working to stop this move.

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 07:07:24 AM »
And it will work.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 07:38:37 AM »

they won't be able to do it.  the united states supreme court will declare the health care law unconstitutional. 

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 09:00:00 AM »

they won't be able to do it.  the united states supreme court will declare the health care law unconstitutional. 

Exactly. However, they will not get a chance before the Obama Administration is in contempt of the Florida ruling. One of the other states AG involved needs to go back to Judge Vinson and get a injunction so as to stop the Obama Administration. If they violate the injunction, Justice Dep. Attorneys and Obama need to be hauled before the court and found in contempt.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 09:31:22 AM »
oldsport, it just shows how out of touch this president and democratic people are.  it is not mandatory to have a roof over your head, yet they want to make health insurance mandatory. 

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 09:40:26 AM »
oldsport, it just shows how out of touch this president and democratic people are.  it is not mandatory to have a roof over your head, yet they want to make health insurance mandatory. 

Lawless....that's what I have to say about the Obama Administration and its supporters here on this site and else where.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 12:00:26 PM »
Waste of time by the Va AG . Posturing for the TP.

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 01:19:55 PM »

Again, no real analysis. Just a flip remark. If you folk were half way honest and not so in the tank for Obama (right or wrong), you would admit the healthcare mandate is unconstitutional.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 01:26:07 PM »

Again, no real analysis. Just a flip remark. If you folk were half way honest and not so in the tank for Obama (right or wrong), you would admit the healthcare mandate is unconstitutional.

will a democratic or liberal poster explain why it is not mandatory to put a roof over your head, yet you want mandatory health insurance.

will a democratic or liberal poster explain why it is not mandatory to put a roof over your family's head, yet you want mandatory health insurance. 

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 01:30:29 PM »

will a democratic or liberal poster explain why it is not mandatory to put a roof over your head, yet you want mandatory health insurance.

will a democratic or liberal poster explain why it is not mandatory to put a roof over your family's head, yet you want mandatory health insurance.  

How about a mandate (law) that every male over the age of 13 must buy a condoms in order to have protected sex?

y, they can't explain it. Again, they're just in the tank for whatever their Black POTUS wants to do. It's identity that counts and nothing else.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 02:54:39 PM »
This will fai and cost the state cash.

Offline bigram$

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 03:01:03 PM »

Y I will answer i dont agree that every person should be MADE to purchase health insurance ...

I believe there should be a single payer system we pay taxes and our taxes should work for us ....
But I do not for one minute believe someone should die because they dont have health coverage  .... I think it is horrible to say that someone should just go to the emergency room if they are sick and walk out with a $2000.00 bill ...because obviously if the cant afford coverage they cant afford that bill right

My company provides my health insurance so this dosent affect me, my company has already sent out memos on how the new healthcare laws will affect my coverage and actually i have better coverage now then i did a year ago so im not complaining...

Now I have answered your questions honestly ....I have a question for you

What should we do as a country for the working poor those who are working but dont make enough to live normally ..... should we just shrug our shoulders and say oh well?

Offline bigram$

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 03:03:48 PM »

How about a mandate (law) that every male over the age of 13 must buy a condoms in order to have protected sex?

y, they can't explain it. Again, they're just in the tank for whatever their Black POTUS wants to do. It's identity that counts and nothing else.

And to answer your question Oldsport i would enthusiastically say HELL YES !!!! Every young boy who wants to have sex at thirteen should be made to buy and keep condoms on there person at all times they should also have to have a mandatory sex ed class to teach them about children, disease and sex and its consequences

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule