News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Clarence & Ginnie Thomas did not disclose income  (Read 2321 times)

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
Re: Clarence & Ginnie Thomas did not disclose income
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 09:05:12 AM »
interesting...i heard about this yesterday and waited for someone to post this here.  i bet some will avoid this thread like the bubonic plague...or akin to roaches in the kitchen when you turn on the lights....

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 09:19:43 AM »
Thier reply would be "At least he did not get his hair dyed".

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 09:21:05 AM »
No big deal. You have a POTUS who won't release his actual birth certicate and other vital documents to authenicate that he is who and what he says he is as well as what his supporters believe who is. You have a Sec. Treasury who didn't pay his taxes.  Do I need to go on - IDIOTS.

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 09:23:59 AM »
Well I guess the birth certificate is no big deal, so you can stop bitching about everything.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 09:27:46 AM »
I guess it's no big deal when you have a man sitting on the highest court in the land solely responsible for making legal decisions for all is fraudulently misreporting earned income...yeah, that's no big deal....i want to see where this is going to lead to....

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 09:29:37 AM »
Well according to OS you can steal money from the federal goverment as long as you can produce your birth certificate.

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 09:59:02 AM »
Well according to OS you can steal money from the federal goverment as long as you can produce your birth certificate.

You boy Barry has a hired some theives and corrupt MF's. You K----s don't complain about it and seem perfectly comfortable with that.

YOU DYAM IDIOTS.

Offline 81alphaeagle

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 10:21:35 AM »
Oh hell nawl.

Offline Black Panther40

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 11:29:38 AM »
No big deal. You have a POTUS who won't release his actual birth certicate and other vital documents to authenicate that he is who and what he says he is as well as what his supporters believe who is. You have a Sec. Treasury who didn't pay his taxes.  Do I need to go on - IDIOTS.

Brother OS,

Your argument is akin to the folks that cheered when O.J. was acquitted the first time.  Blind to the fact that he probably did it . . .or knew who did it (inquiring minds still want to know).

Either way, you still got to call it out.  Let's play . . . I'll go first.

Lil' Timmy!!! you were wrong for not paying your taxes.  A SS and Medicare oversight?  For someone as smart as they say, how could you miss that?!?  I would assume that you probably paid somone to do your taxes for you, so what kind of quack did you use?  Did you use Madoff's in house CPA?!?!  I also know that good help is hard to find, but you got to know when it comes to domestic help, you already playing with fire.  You got to dot your "I"s, and cross your "T"s  Come on, Craig . . .

O.K., your turn.  Go ahead and call out Brother Clarence . . .

Don't you think that's some information I'd like to know?  I like Tacos . . .

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 11:35:09 AM »
To Clarify:

The reports are that Thomas failed to list his wife's income on his financial disclosure forms; NOT that he failed to report the income on his tax forms.

The first is still a federal offense according to the article.

Not conceding to Obamaphobics re: doing more than is legally required by the State of Hawaii is NOT a federal offense.

O0

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 11:54:33 AM »
Steven Lubet, an expert on judicial ethics at Northwestern University School of Law, said that such an infraction was unlikely to result in a penalty. While unfamiliar with the Thomas complaint, he said that failure to disclose spousal income "is not a crime of any sort, but there is a potential civil penalty" for failing to follow the rules. He added: "I am not aware of a single case of a judge being penalized simply for this."

The Supreme Court is, "the only judicial body in the country that is not governed by a set of judicial ethical rules," Gillers said.

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 12:04:29 PM »
The Supreme Court is, "the only judicial body in the country that is not governed by a set of judicial ethical rules," Gillers said.

Now......THERE's a high thinking defense for you!!!

O0

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 12:07:28 PM »
According to Judge Pigmeat markham, "Failure to show a bunch of dumb idiots your birth certificate ain't a crime either".  Like Supreme Court judges, normal Americans don't have to show a birth certificate just because some nuts demand to see them.

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 12:25:58 PM »
I dont' think Justice Thomas' failure to report his wife's income is that big a deal. I am required have to fill out a similar form every year. It's a pain in the butt. However, it's hard to believe that Justice Thomas' ommission was inadvertant.

BTW, President Obama did provide a birth certificate. Unfortunately, the birthers aren't satisfied with that one. As far as I know, no legislative body or court has required the President to produce anything.  :shrug:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule