News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Tea Party Republican US Representative to use Congressional health insurance  (Read 1238 times)

Offline NovaSkegee

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
January 24, 2011

Tea Party US representative Ellmers to use Congressional health insurance

Interview
WPTF NewsRadio 680 Raleigh- Renee Ellmers (R-NC)

Renee Ellmers
The News & Observer

Although Rep. Renee Ellmers campaigned last fall as an ardent opponent of the new health care law passed by Congress, she was not reticent about taking advantage the health plan offered to members of Congress.

Appearing on a WPTF radio call-in show Monday, Ellmers was asked by a caller whether she intended to participate in "that luxury plan" offered to members of Congress.

Ellmers responded that she signed up for a Blue Cross, Blue Shield federal employees plan, one of the options offered to members of Congress.

"Unfortunately, being here in Washington is very expensive," said Ellmers. "Yes we do have a salary and we do have benefits. It costs a lot of money to be here. I've signed on to the private plan, just like so many in America are on. The benefit is available to me. People need to understand out there it costs a lot money to be here in Congress."

Ellmers, a nurse who is married to a physician, makes a congressional salary of $174,000 per year.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 10:54:06 AM by NovaSkegee »

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
Re: Tea Party US Representative to use Congressional health insurance
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 09:39:20 AM »
i hope she gets rejected by BCBS....with her ignant arse....

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 09:44:59 AM »
This lady is a SELF-AVOWED hypocrite, but apparently doesn't seem to have any shame about it.  :(

But you know what is MOST sad about all this?  She was likely elected by ALOT of people in her district who don't have ANY health insurance, but who listened to this lady mock "obamacare" and all, and tell them that providing healthcare for all Americans is something this country can't afford.

So I don't know whether to  :lol: or  :'(.

God help us all.

Offline NovaSkegee

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
This is typical of the Tea Party Republicans.

Offline Black Panther40

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 10:56:00 AM »
This lady is a SELF-AVOWED hypocrite, but apparently doesn't seem to have any shame about it.  :(

But you know what is MOST sad about all this?  She was likely elected by ALOT of people in her district who don't have ANY health insurance, but who listened to this lady mock "obamacare" and all, and tell them that providing healthcare for all Americans is something this country can't afford.

So I don't know whether to  :lol: or  :'(.

God help us all.

Good post . . .
Don't you think that's some information I'd like to know?  I like Tacos . . .

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
strike you know nothing of her district.  would you people rather her have no health insurance. 
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
strike you know nothing of her district.  would you people rather her have no health insurance. 

let's try that shoe on the right - as in correct - foot there brother Y.  In reality, what you are asking is exactly what those who oppose the current health care act is saying...and most in opposition were so adamant, like Rep. Ellmers, saying they would not accept and did not want the coverage...now reality smacks her hard and she does an abrupt 180.  I hope her constituents who believed in her and entrusted their vote with her are taking stock of this situation.

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
..........sir, I would rather ALL AMERICANS have health insurance.  And I would further rather that our elected politicians were nut such slimeball HYPOCRITES.  >:(

This gal ranted and raved about the health insurance law that our president signed a few months back, and here she is with her GRIMEY hands extended asking for health insurance coverage.  If this gal had ANY integrity, not only would she refuse the health insurance package offered, but use that refusal as a way of highlighting her opposition to the Democrats sponsored plan.

No, I don't know "specifics" of this gal's district, but I DO know that she has now made a fool of so many people in that district who voted for her.

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
strike you know nothing of her district.  would you people rather her have no health insurance.  

Doesn't matter who her constiuents are - she was a nurse and her husband is a doctor. They would have had insurance no matter where they lived or who the constituents are because they can afford it - cut the BS y... ::)

If she really wanted to send a message, she should have gotten on her husband's medical insurance that he pays for out of pocket - now THAT would have sent a message to her constituents just how serious she was about it...her ranting and raving about how expensive it is in Washington is ridiculous  :no: - she knew that before she ran for office and if she didn't, that really speaks to the voters of NC... :nod:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 04:01:32 PM by Golden Kitten »

Teeny and Little

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
where is your proof that she said she would not take the government health insurance.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule