News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Bachmann To Give "Alternate" Rebuttal To State Of The Union Address  (Read 1883 times)

Online Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wisc., won't be the only Republican giving a rebuttal to the president's State of the Union Address Tuesday night.

A Tea Party organization points to an alternate rebuttal offered by Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn.

"Congresswoman Michele Bachmann has confirmed with us that she will broadcast her response to Barack Obama's State Of The Union address this Tuesday," a post on the website said. "You'll be able to watch her rebut Obama via her address which will be broadcast on our website TeaPartyExpress.org."

Tea Party Express Chairman Amy Kremer said she was "thrilled" with the news, calling Bachmann, who founded Tea Party Caucus in Congress, "a 'Rock Star' of the movement."

"I'm excited to be partnering with the Tea Party Express," Rep. Bachmann said in a press release. "They have been a powerful ally in the ongoing fight against big-government solutions and wasteful spending. We're doing this broadcast to demonstrate that the hardworking citizens of this country have a powerful voice in Washington, even if they still aren't being heard in the White House."

Bachmann's remarks will also be streamed live at www.TeaPartyHD.com shortly after the President concludes his speech and the Republican response airs.

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/01/21/bachman-give-alternate-rebuttal-state-union-address.

Offline Ramese98

• Assistant GM
  • THE NEW ASU
    • View Profile
Re: Bachmann To Give "Alternate" Rebuttal To State Of The Union Address
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 07:16:44 AM »
my question is why?  Shouldn't she just change from Republican to Independent...
It is What It is.....It will BE what it WILL be....

Online Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 08:35:58 AM »
my question is why?  Shouldn't she just change from Republican to Independent...

She is giving the Tea Party response, you know that Republican auxillary group.

:lmao:

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 09:40:28 AM »
For those unfamiliar, this gal is to the right of Mrs. Palin.  :o

This Bachmann lady is as LOONEY TUNES as they come.  I can't wait to see her rebuttal, it certainly will be good for alot of laughs.

I wonder if Mr. Boehner will attempt to shut this lady up.  :lol:

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 10:07:19 AM »
She's no more "looney tunes" than Obama. Why is it when most of you liberals on this board disagree with someone.....particularly a conservative women.....the name calling starts? She sure in hell has alot more experience than Obama.......she just happens to be on the other side of the fence. This is the conservative women you need to worry about, not Palin.GO VIKINGS!!!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 12:38:46 PM by uchighlander »

Offline Black Panther40

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 10:22:49 AM »
While I think she is an attractive woman, and a heck of a lot smarter than Palin, and she seems more "real" to me than Cantor, I do think she is bat nuts crazy . . . but she is the elected representative of her district so she has a certified base that share her views, and she is their voice.  I think she will be toned down today, as is the case with most Tea Party members when a bright light is on them.  They don't really get bat sh** crazy until they feel as if they are in a supportive environment.

She will come out looking like a star, and probably has Paul Ryan a little nervous.   
Don't you think that's some information I'd like to know?  I like Tacos . . .

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 11:12:09 AM »
She's no more "looney tones" than Obama. Why is it when most of you liberals on this board disagree with someone.....particularly a conservative women.....the name calling starts? She sure in hell has alot more experience than Obama.......she just happens to be on the other side of the fence. This is the conservative women you need to worry about, not Palin.GO VIKINGS!!!
......you and a few others have so much INEXPLICABLE antipathy toward Obama that you can't even see straight, and you certainly seem to lose good judgment.

This Bachmann gal has made so many RIDICULOUS utterances over the last two years that I can't even begin to discuss them, it would take all day.

As for "worrying" about her, uhhhh, in a nutshell, I'm not worrying about her, Palin, Christine O'Donnell, Sharon Angle, or any of the rest of these INCREDIBLY stupid women that you seem to hold in high esteem.  If the "white people" in this country want to elect these women to high office because they are uncomfortable with the presence of a black man in the Oval Office, then there is nothing I could do to stop them. 

And could this happen?  Hell yeah, it could happen.

But noticed that I said "white people".  Why negroes would find these politically repulsive women attractive is a matter that I CONTINUE to scratch my brain about.

Perhaps you could help me understand.  :)

::)

Online Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 11:48:42 AM »
She's no more "looney tones" than Obama. Why is it when most of you liberals on this board disagree with someone.....particularly a conservative women.....the name calling starts? She sure in hell has alot more experience than Obama.......she just happens to be on the other side of the fence. This is the conservative women you need to worry about, not Palin.GO VIKINGS!!!

Please tell me you're not serious.  ::)

Offline MisterIkester

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 11:54:12 AM »
Onnidan conservatives don't call people names, they "tell it like it is" (thanks, OS).

::)
"I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually." -James Baldwin

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 12:41:20 PM »
Please tell me you're not serious.  ::)
I am serious. GO VIKINGS!!!

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 12:47:58 PM »
There are lot of reasonable conservative women but this chick is crazy.  Ain't afraid of no crazy women , matter of face why be afraid of anyone. 

Online Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 12:55:21 PM »
Driving home last night from the Eagle vs. aggie basketball game, Alan Colmes program was on the station I listen to.  He had parts of a speech she had given containing comments on the founding fathers, their beliefs, the constitution, equality.

I don't know who's worst she or Palin.  They maybe electable, but GOD help us.

Online Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 01:14:21 PM »
Driving home last night from the Eagle vs. aggie basketball game, Alan Colmes program was on the station I listen to.  He had parts of a speech she had given containing comments on the founding fathers, their beliefs, the constitution, equality.

You better tell Uchighlander. He doesn't seem to know.

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 01:22:56 PM »
She gives a very "revised" history of America and also the founding fathers.  Like she said, the founding fathers had made plans to free the slaves.  I guess they never had time to do it after fighting that Revolution.  Anderson Cooper tore up her speech with facts point by point--she then refused to appear to TV to rebut him.

Offline Black Panther40

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 01:26:30 PM »

Yeah . . . that was classic.  But that's the bat sh** crazy stuff we won't get tonight.  It's going to be so down the middle of the road.  I would LOVE for her to use her time suggesting that the founding fathers didn't own slaves and thought everyone was equal, and that she is going to announce a special panel to actually investigate the "Anti-Americanism" going on in Congress, or that hundreds of Nobel science winners are ready to announce that evolution doesn't exist.

Wait . . .

You can see for yourself:

http://theweek.com/article/index/102109/top-ten-michele-bachmann-moments

Yeah, I hope we get THAT Michele Bachmann tonight.
Don't you think that's some information I'd like to know?  I like Tacos . . .

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News