News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: DeKalb sheriff plans to suspend 170 for being AWOL during snowstorm  (Read 2238 times)

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • #TigerPride Grrrr!
    • View Profile
Re: DeKalb sheriff plans to suspend 170 for being AWOL during snowstorm
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 04:27:02 PM »
Give me a break. GA DOT should be suspended also then. They dropped the ball. Atlanta and its surrounding areas are a major city. No way it should been shut down. The blame goes on all of the folks in charge.

Man, you ain't ever lied. Interstates were mostly clear but downtown Atlanta??? SHEETS OF FREAKIN ICE!!!!  I was so pissed off! They didn't salt the downtown streets until early Friday morning [or maybe late that Thursday] DAYS AFTER several days of snow and freezing temps.

DAMN, BUSTERS!!!!!!   >:(

Offline Pmist

• Assistant GM
  • Class of 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 04:54:37 PM »
yup.... There is enough blame to go around here. SN: Im just ready to put this snow storm behind us. :nod: Make plans to avoid that in the future and lets move on. :nod:

FVSU BMMB

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 05:16:10 PM »
He can do whatever he wants because he is he Sherriff, but it does come off as hypocritical...

Everybody should have some way to report their time...
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Online Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 05:23:23 PM »
Past sheriffs were like that but this sheriff does not do people like that, he gives people a true fair shake. :nod: I am inclined to agree with him. :nod: The man is not dumb enough to suspend them all at once. come on now.  ::)  

Plus I am not about to say the man was in his house if he says he was out checking the streets, AND I HAVE NO PROOF HE WAS NOT OUT IN THE STREETS. For the record ALL THE STREETS IN DEKALB WERE PRETTY MUCH A ICED OVER MESS. Also checking does not mean cleaning...After all that is not his job.  :no:

They knew what the deal was when they signed on and so to me it is like this, if you agreed to the terms and then decided to stay at home, then either provide the  sheriff with your reasoning or serve out the suspension. :shrug:

You must be his PR person.  :lol:
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline cee dog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 06:27:51 PM »
He better leave them DC boys alone. They are known for getting rid of their boss you know.  :tiptoe: DC is a special kind of place. We West side folks call them crazy......... :police:
"Bulldog for Life"

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule