News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: I'm no peeping Tom BUT.....  (Read 10726 times)

Online Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: I'm no peeping Tom BUT.....
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2011, 08:46:10 PM »
You know when I read some of the comments of some folks on here who are involved in our kids education at the college level, I feel like we ought to be able to home school for a Bachelors, Masters and Phd.  It is quite frightening.  :no: :shrug:
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2011, 11:06:07 AM »
Cholly -

Good job and i wish we were neighbors.  We could all use folks like you and your wife in our neighborhoods.  The next time you see the mom give her the link to the story that Brig Gen 007 shared about the increasing # of throat cancer cases due to oral sex. 

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2011, 11:41:41 AM »
Cap, YOU complain about people who wouldn't lift a finger to stop or report a shoplifter but then turn around and advocate staying out of this situation.

Yes i will turn a shoplifter in or anyone else I see committing a crime. But when it comes to getting involved in people's personal family stuff, you have to be very careful. i guess the difference here is that I consider the 17 year old high school senior an adult while the rest of you consider her to be a child since she is still at home. That is the mother's prerogative to decide when her child should have the full rights of adulthood. It differs from family to family. I had this conversation with my sister last night and she agrees with you Cats. But my sister also still reads her 20 something year old son's Face Book page to see what he is doing.  So I'm saying there is no right or wrong here. Once my kids reaches a certain age and exhibits a certain level of maturity, I'm treating them like an adult. And no, I don't want to know what they are doing sexually. I don't care if they are in my house or not. My sister says she wants to know what her adult sons are doing in her house.  Of course I don't want them doing that in my house, but I'm not going to police it either. If they do it, make sure they clean up, get rid of the evidence, and be sitting on the sofa acting like a perfect little angel when I come home. Don't disrespect my house and my rules by doing in in my face. But taking this position, I feel I'm giving my child some latitude. Basically I'm saying, "If you must disrespect my space, please have the sense to keep me in the dark about what you are doing and all will be well."  When I'm on vacation , you can have the trick in the house but make sure they are gone when I come back home. I'm not going to put a security system in to see what you are doing.  Of course you don't give your child this kind of permission, you have to stay firm on your house rules.
I also have to give the young lady some credit. She choose not to do it inside her mother's house. She took the young buck out back. She had no idea Cholly whould be sitting in the window with a high powered telescope.  Am I the only one here who thinks his way? OW, help me out Capler could use a friend today!  :(  It is a couple months before Easter Monday. I'm just hanging up here on the cross flailing  like a flag in the wind.   

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2011, 11:45:43 AM »
My bad, that's Good Friday. Not too sure what Jesus did on Monday besides create something, or was that his daddy?  :shrug: Y'all know I don't go to church.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 11:47:18 AM by Capler »

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
  • ^Olds**ts, DUMBASSwh?y & mrwh?yers**ts Prez & Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2011, 12:51:19 PM »
Cap, the Age of Majority in Florida is 18.

Until that point, a person is STILL a minor.

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

Offline Jaimac

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2011, 02:02:12 PM »
My bad, that's Good Friday. Not too sure what Jesus did on Monday besides create something, or was that his daddy?  :shrug: Y'all know I don't go to church.

:shrug:

:no:

:tiptoe:
"The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically.  Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education."

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

~Martin Luther King,

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2011, 02:44:28 PM »
Some of my best neighbors are nosy neighbors.  If I was the mom, I would be thankful for neighbors like Cholly.  Cholly, I am not calling you nosy.
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2011, 03:10:32 PM »
Some of my best neighbors are nosy neighbors.  If I was the mom, I would be thankful for neighbors like Cholly.  Cholly, I am not calling you nosy.

Surely you Jest!  :tiptoe:

Am I the only honest person on Onnidan?  :shrug: The rest of you leave your little picket fence houses in the burbs, exit your gated communities and drive you Honda in the HOV lane  to work so you can sit behind your neat little desk and micro manage the world through your rose colored glasses.   

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2011, 03:13:54 PM »

if the age of consent is 18 a law might have been broken.  we still don't know the age of the male. 

cap, would you really turn someone in for committing a crime.  in some states it is still illegal to have oral sex.  are you selective in what you will report.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Sierra

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2011, 03:52:20 PM »
This is all part of growing up, testing the waters, and living and learning.
And what Cholly did was make the situation a teachable moment for their family. 

EXACTLY!!!

I work in Public Health. I know the consequences of young people "testing the waters".

At least NOW the mother knows not just that her daughter is sexually active... but that she let some boy talk her into having sex outside where other people could see.

I'm willing to bet that doesn't happen again.

It is very possible she was the dominant one here. From what you described home girl was driving that car.

" Its very possible she was driving the car"
Its the case in most intimate relationships unless force or the threat of violence is used. Its most impossible if the ankles stay crossed and locked.
Do all the right things for the all the right reasons.Damn the consequences.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2011, 04:08:53 PM »

if the age of consent is 18 a law might have been broken.  we still don't know the age of the male.  

cap, would you really turn someone in for committing a crime.  in some states it is still illegal to have oral sex.  are you selective in what you will report.

Of course I would. Would I be selective, absolutely? I use my common sense. For example, yes I would turn someone in for throwing trash out of the car window if I could get the plate number. No I would not turn someone in for having oral sex. That is one of those old crazy bible  laws right there. Along with no man should spill his seed on the ground. Why did Neymar come to mind as I typed that?  ::)

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2011, 05:06:53 PM »
So we are dishonest because we don't agree with you?  Go somewhere with that.

At 17 she very well might have her mind made up, but you know what?  Dismissing her being sexually active at 17 under the assumption of "she is gonna do it anyway" is totally irresponsible. If, as a parent I don't talk to my child and reiterate the consequences of her actions that would make me a bad parent. If  I talked to her at 15 and at 17 she's doing it anyway I should just throw my hands up and say oh well oh hell?  I think NOT sir....

I'm gonna continue to engage my child about her thouhts, feelings, and actions because that is what Good parents do....they don't just go around saying "well I tried"...especially a minor under their roof.

Be for real...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 05:08:32 PM by Valley Girl »
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Online Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2011, 05:07:45 PM »

HELL'S CAFE

"Capler, party of one, your table is ready."

SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline Jaimac

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2011, 05:10:47 PM »
"The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically.  Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education."

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

~Martin Luther King,

Offline Cholly

• Assistant GM
  • ^Olds**ts, DUMBASSwh?y & mrwh?yers**ts Prez & Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2011, 05:49:58 PM »
Both the age of Consent AND age of Majority in Florida is 18.

^^^SPEAKS FOR ITSELF!!!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule