News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Uncle Whoops Nephew For Facebook Behavior...  (Read 6936 times)

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Uncle Whoops Nephew For Facebook Behavior...
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 10:41:21 AM »
Sad...Kids cant even have fun these days.

Only family I allow on my friends list are my two younger sisters for this very reason...Old people take things too seriously.

Guess its danged if you do and danged if you don't huh? Mr. "Magna Cum Laude-Smart Guy-I-Know-More-Than-Everyone-on-Onnidan-Put-Together"...

The dude is being an elder/parent and nipping that crap in the bud. But yet, in the same breath, if Uncle Ward was on Facebook "ethuggin' it up with the youngin' ,you would be talking about "how African-American men don't take care of their families.."

Maaaaaaaaaaaan please. :lol: ::)

Unc shoulda had 2 belts..One for his own pants, and the other for tappin' them hindpots like he did..I applaud him :clap: (not really so much for putting it on youtube, because I would not have taken it that far, that would have been an off-camera butt whoopin if it were me).
However, the real sad thing is, when this gets to CNN, the Feds will be after him for 'child abuse"..That wasn't abuse,that was just a decent butt whoopin.. :clap: for a child that needed some correction...

Spare the rod, spoil the child....Too bad more elders don't get at their li'l wanna be fake thugs. Things wouldn't be escalating out of control if they'd jump on that mess early like this dude did...

That wasn't child abuse.  :no: What I got was child abuse, extension cords, shoes, tree limbs, 2 by fours, fence posts, etc, and that was Momma.  I acted a fool in a store once and she borrowed a man's belt to cut my tail. :lol: 

What I didn't appreciate was how he cursed the child out :shrug:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Lord, remove the front teeth of my enemies so I can know them by their smile.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 10:48:46 AM »

Only family I allow on my friends list are my two younger sisters for this very reason...Old people take things too seriously.

Guess its danged if you do and danged if you don't huh? Mr. "Magna Cum Laude-Smart Guy-I-Know-More-Than-Everyone-on-Onnidan-Put-Together"...

The dude is being an elder/parent and nipping that crap in the bud. But yet, in the same breath, if Uncle Ward was on Facebook "ethuggin' it up with the youngin' ,you would be talking about "how African-American men don't take care of their families.."

Unc shoulda had 2 belts..One for his own pants, and the other for tappin' them hindpots like he did..I applaud him :clap: (not really so much for putting it on youtube, because I would not have taken it that far, that would have been an off-camera butt whoopin if it were me).
However, the real sad thing is, when this gets to CNN, the Feds will be after him for 'child abuse"..That wasn't abuse,that was just a decent butt whoopin.. :clap: for a child that needed some correction...

Spare the rod, spoil the child....Too bad more elders don't get at their li'l wanna be fake thugs. Things wouldn't be escalating out of control if they'd jump on that mess early like this dude did...

Ethugging is not an a-- whooping offense, especially if nobody got hurt. I dont see how this isnt child abuse either. What is a kid learning by beating them? How is that teaching them how to think? They dont learn how to properly separate right from wrong with that. All they learn is they better not do some things around some people. When they grow up, and realize nobody can beat them anymore, they go right back to doing the same thing.

Beatings were used to keep Slaves in their place, not raise healthy children...remember that man.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2011, 11:03:54 AM »

That wasn't child abuse.  :no: What I got was child abuse, extension cords, shoes, tree limbs, 2 by fours, fence posts, etc, and that was Momma.  I acted a fool in a store once and she borrowed a man's belt to cut my tail. :lol: 

What I didn't appreciate was how he cursed the child out :shrug:

all those beatings, tree cuttings, and combat boots and you still turned out bad.   :lol:

have y'all beat your kids today.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Brother Tony

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2011, 11:07:38 AM »
I GOT A FEELING MY 2 DON'T WANT TO MESS WITH "DA PREACHER UNCLE"  :lol:
TUSKEGEE.....THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!

"BRINGING THE WORLD TO TUSKEGEE AND TUSKEGEE TO THE WORLD"

Offline SIUspectator

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2011, 11:21:58 AM »
Wow!  It's good that the uncle addressed it :clap: but the kid looks like he is getting too old for belts.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2011, 11:31:25 AM »

Ethugging is not an a-- whooping offense, especially if nobody got hurt. I dont see how this isnt child abuse either. What is a kid learning by beating them? How is that teaching them how to think? They dont learn how to properly separate right from wrong with that. All they learn is they better not do some things around some people. When they grow up, and realize nobody can beat them anymore, they go right back to doing the same thing.

Beatings were used to keep Slaves in their place, not raise healthy children...remember that man.

:no:  Well I guess you were never disciplined and readers can see how that turned out.  You are disrepectful of everything and everybody.  If that ain't a poster supporting a good ole tail cutting then I don't know what is. :shrug:

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 12:23:13 PM »
You forgot the willow switch 82... :nod: :lol:

i would be still toting an arse whopping til this day if FB was around when I was younger, especially putting family business in the streets....

Y'all would be prying my folks hands from around my neck and stitching my tongue back into my mouth...

Teeny and Little

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2011, 12:38:17 PM »

Dude, I know good and darned well what happened to slaves. And they were ABUSED.... The Master didn't take a belt, and give them 10-20 quick ones with clothes on their backs. He normally stripped them down, took a whip 4 times longer than belt, and swung until they were tired of swinging.

I have used corporal punishment on my kid 3 times in her life. The last time I had to do it, she was 9 (almost 8 yrs. ago). You wanna know why  that was the last time? Because she LEARNED, quickly, that's why. And up to this day, she thanks me for caring enough to show her consequences and repercucssions of bad actions and things that look like "fun" that could turn into bad endings...

She ain't perfect, but she is a beautiful, respectful,  honor-roll 2-sport student athlete who is proud to be a non-fast-tail chickenhead (like too many of our young ladies are these days, the kind that your wanna-be-sly-hindpots would try to take advantage of but would fail miserably), and does not put up with all of the drama that teen girls love to bring, and the okey doke garbage these teen boys try to bring her..Why? Because dad and mom put her down to the game, and did not/do not play when it comes to doling out  punishment. And she (as well as her friends) think me and her mom are THE coolest parents around. And they KNOW we don't play that...They like the fact that we keep it 100, and actually are  friendly toward them and our child, but we draw the line often and EARLY...feel me?

So, when YOU have kids, put them in time out, shake your finger and beg and plead to them to stop doing whatever it is they are doing, ethug it up with them etc., do what you have to do. As for me and my house..Well, I have already stated it, man. And thanks for the attempt at an American history lesson that I already knew.. :nod:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 12:40:25 PM by FunCkMaster »
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPS
2017,2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2018,2016, 2015,2009,2002 CIAA Northern Football Champions

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2011, 12:58:31 PM »

Dude, I know good and darned well what happened to slaves. And they were ABUSED.... The Master didn't take a belt, and give them 10-20 quick ones with clothes on their backs. He normally stripped them down, took a whip 4 times longer than belt, and swung until they were tired of swinging.

I have used corporal punishment on my kid 3 times in her life. The last time I had to do it, she was 9 (almost 8 yrs. ago). You wanna know why  that was the last time? Because she LEARNED, quickly, that's why. And up to this day, she thanks me for caring enough to show her consequences and repercucssions of bad actions and things that look like "fun" that could turn into bad endings...

She ain't perfect, but she is a beautiful, respectful,  honor-roll 2-sport student athlete who is proud to be a non-fast-tail chickenhead (like too many of our young ladies are these days, the kind that your wanna-be-sly-hindpots would try to take advantage of but would fail miserably), and does not put up with all of the drama that teen girls love to bring, and the okey doke garbage these teen boys try to bring her..Why? Because dad and mom put her down to the game, and did not/do not play when it comes to doling out  punishment. And she (as well as her friends) think me and her mom are THE coolest parents around. And they KNOW we don't play that...They like the fact that we keep it 100, and actually are  friendly toward them and our child, but we draw the line often and EARLY...feel me?

So, when YOU have kids, put them in time out, shake your finger and beg and plead to them to stop doing whatever it is they are doing, ethug it up with them etc., do what you have to do. As for me and my house..Well, I have already stated it, man. And thanks for the attempt at an American history lesson that I already knew.. :nod:

I bet your daughter turned out well due to having two parents...not for being beaten.

Our jaisl are full of men and women who were beat as kids...the difference is the father

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2011, 01:04:49 PM »
Our daughter is a good person because:

A)We are blessed by God
B)Having 2 nurturing, caring parents in the home (you are correct)...
C)Having set limits and boundaries. The corporal punishment is just one part of the nurturing and limits/boundaries that hasn't had to be implemented in quite some time.

Prisons are full of folks who were corporally punished. Yep. And also full of those who got over like fat rats....Same with any walk of life...
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPS
2017,2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2018,2016, 2015,2009,2002 CIAA Northern Football Champions

Offline EL JAY

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.valiant-gs.com
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2011, 02:19:42 PM »
He said...."you better not say happy birthday"...............

Then he did the old school set up..."Now put that on your wall"

Now technically...if he follows his uncle's last instruction he is gonna get another beat down..lol

I KNOOOOOOOW my son Jamel is going to see this tooooo night...just a little reality for his little a--...

Back in the day it was legal for your uncle to punch you....lolI thought for sure he was going to put hands on him next to the door...bringing back an old memory...lol
Heeeeeeey Tuskegee......

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2011, 02:25:38 PM »
The main thing about this video that brings back memories for me is that phone tone you can hear in the background towards the end.  :lol:  Everytime I got whooped, I always heard that dial tone because my mom "went in", while knocking everything over in the house.  :lol:

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2011, 02:40:59 PM »
Neymar, what you don't understand is was not the whooping that maintained controlled.  Once you got a good one it was the threat of one. 

I count the times I whipped both of my kids on one hand.  But they knew the "tail whoopin is coming look" and that was enough to stop bad behavior. 

I thank God my parents disciplined me or I would have been in jail or in the grave.  I was very hot headed and quick to fight until one day when my Mom cut my thought I was grown tail in the principle's office for fighting in high school.  Like the kid in the video, the only thing really hurt was my pride, but I behaved correctly because I never wanted to get embarrassed like that again. 

I don't believe you should abuse a child but I personally feel if a kid is allowed to do their own thing as you and some others seem to believe you have stuff like this. 

I would have gnawed my arm off before I raised it toward my Mom and that was even in my forties before she passed.

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2011, 02:44:43 PM »

Offline RedBuddha

• Assistant GM
  • Photographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2011, 03:12:41 PM »
That look on her face was classic, shocked & surprised. Then my mom would have gone to Anger, and I would've woke up on the floor some time the next morning. Cold & confused.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News