News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Uncle Whoops Nephew For Facebook Behavior...  (Read 7210 times)

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Uncle Whoops Nephew For Facebook Behavior...
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2011, 08:22:30 AM »
Neymar, what you don't understand is was not the whooping that maintained controlled.  Once you got a good one it was the threat of one. 

I count the times I whipped both of my kids on one hand.  But they knew the "tail whoopin is coming look" and that was enough to stop bad behavior. 

I thank God my parents disciplined me or I would have been in jail or in the grave.  I was very hot headed and quick to fight until one day when my Mom cut my thought I was grown tail in the principle's office for fighting in high school.  Like the kid in the video, the only thing really hurt was my pride, but I behaved correctly because I never wanted to get embarrassed like that again. 

I don't believe you should abuse a child but I personally feel if a kid is allowed to do their own thing as you and some others seem to believe you have stuff like this. 

I would have gnawed my arm off before I raised it toward my Mom and that was even in my forties before she passed.

That kid had no father at home, and if you watched the episode he hit her because she does the same to him.

You arent learning anything from the whooping though except that right and wrong is pain that I experience from my parents. Once you are too old for whoopings, you are back at square one.

I was never beat by any of my parents. I am not going to sit here and say I was a wonderful child with only timeouts and the like. I did AWFUL things as a kid, but I lived through it. I learned the true difference between right and wrong because I had to live with the mistakes I made, and I grew from it more than just not doing the wrong things because I was afraid of being beat up by my guardians. Those bad experiences, and living through them, made me into a thinker. I now dont do things because I can separate what is morally right or wrong based on my contemporary standards.

As a black man I am terribly lucky that I was raised in an environment that did not stifle my growth. My mom, like our presidents, saw the inherent power in the black man. She saw what could be achieved if you let them develop and grow like any other kid, and how important it was not to crush our spirit. So many black kids in this country dont have that opportunity. Now I know you are going to roll your eyes at this, but I still have to say it because it is what I see. My heart ACHES when I ride Marta, or travel around Atlanta and see the way black American women treat their black male kids. They make the littlest mistake, slow them down just a little, act like a kid and play around while waiting for a bus...ect, ect and they CRUSH them. They yell, hit them, have tantrums and the like. They literally kill the spirit of those kids, and you know what that produces? it produces kids who hate themselves, and people who look like them. That directly contributes to black on black violence, shucks along with circumstances I say it produces it.

the mother was not beating the kid.  that was the problem. 

mommy y had the nerve to tell me one time 'don't take this a**  whooping personally.'  when i finished laughing she performed her duty.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2011, 10:04:02 AM »
Neymar, what you don't understand is was not the whooping that maintained controlled.  Once you got a good one it was the threat of one. 

I count the times I whipped both of my kids on one hand.  But they knew the "tail whoopin is coming look" and that was enough to stop bad behavior. 

I thank God my parents disciplined me or I would have been in jail or in the grave.  I was very hot headed and quick to fight until one day when my Mom cut my thought I was grown tail in the principle's office for fighting in high school.  Like the kid in the video, the only thing really hurt was my pride, but I behaved correctly because I never wanted to get embarrassed like that again. 

I don't believe you should abuse a child but I personally feel if a kid is allowed to do their own thing as you and some others seem to believe you have stuff like this. 

I would have gnawed my arm off before I raised it toward my Mom and that was even in my forties before she passed.

That kid had no father at home, and if you watched the episode he hit her because she does the same to him.

You arent learning anything from the whooping though except that right and wrong is pain that I experience from my parents. Once you are too old for whoopings, you are back at square one.

I was never beat by any of my parents. I am not going to sit here and say I was a wonderful child with only timeouts and the like. I did AWFUL things as a kid, but I lived through it. I learned the true difference between right and wrong because I had to live with the mistakes I made, and I grew from it more than just not doing the wrong things because I was afraid of being beat up by my guardians. Those bad experiences, and living through them, made me into a thinker. I now dont do things because I can separate what is morally right or wrong based on my contemporary standards.

As a black man I am terribly lucky that I was raised in an environment that did not stifle my growth. My mom, like our presidents, saw the inherent power in the black man. She saw what could be achieved if you let them develop and grow like any other kid, and how important it was not to crush our spirit. So many black kids in this country dont have that opportunity. Now I know you are going to roll your eyes at this, but I still have to say it because it is what I see. My heart ACHES when I ride Marta, or travel around Atlanta and see the way black American women treat their black male kids. They make the littlest mistake, slow them down just a little, act like a kid and play around while waiting for a bus...ect, ect and they CRUSH them. They yell, hit them, have tantrums and the like. They literally kill the spirit of those kids, and you know what that produces? it produces kids who hate themselves, and people who look like them. That directly contributes to black on black violence, shucks along with circumstances I say it produces it.

the mother was not beating the kid.  that was the problem. 

mommy y had the nerve to tell me one time 'don't take this a**  whooping personally.'  when i finished laughing she performed her duty.

Yeah she was.

He even said "how does that feel for a change" when he hit her. She hit him, and thats how he learned how to solve the problem.

I really cant understand some films like Tyler Perry. He makes jokes about kids being beat, but its bad when a wife is beat. If the man is the ruler of the "Christian" house, and you already accept its ok to hit, then why is it bad in his films when a man beats his wife?

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2011, 11:11:10 AM »
Well Neymar, one thing is  for sure.  If you really are what you have presented in the short time you've been on this board and I was your parent, I would have whooped your a-- into the witness protection program.  :nod:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2011, 11:19:18 AM »
Well Neymar, one thing is  for sure.  If you really are what you have presented in the short time you've been on this board and I was your parent, I would have whooped your a-- into the witness protection program.  :nod:

Yes...My parents did so bad. Maybe if they beat me I could be doing better, but since they didnt I am just an A student at one of the more prestigious schools in the nation.

The above was sarcasm if your detector was off.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2011, 11:31:52 AM »

Yes...My parents did so bad. Maybe if they beat me I could be doing better, but since they didnt I am just an A student at one of the more prestigious schools in the nation.

Oh you still would have been an A student at one of the most  prestigious schools in the nation, you just would have been there with a sore a-- and some manners.  :lol:

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2011, 11:03:44 AM »

Oh you still would have been an A student at one of the most  prestigious schools in the nation, you just would have been there with a sore a-- and some manners.  :lol:

:lmao:
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2011, 01:59:20 PM »

:nod: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline RamMan4Life

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2011, 06:28:14 PM »
I do not have problem with the uncle. More parents and older relatives need to keep an eye on these kids and what they are doing.
A past to cherish....a future to fulfill.

Class of '92

Home of the1960 Albany State College Rams, who finished the season UNDEFEATED and a DEFENSE UNSCORED UPON!!

KAPPA ALPHA PSI FRATERNITY,INC.
 "Detrimental" Delta Xi Chapter

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2011, 03:29:46 PM »
Hey yall......I thought spanking got kids on the right track?

Teen Who Was Spanked In Video For Being In Gang Found Dead

A teen who was videotaped being spanked by his uncle for boasting about gang ties on his Facebook page was found shot to death last week nearby his New Orleans home.

Michael Taylor, 16, was found shot to death shortly after 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 7. In a video uploaded in January, Taylor’s uncle spanked the teen after finding out about his gang ties.

http://newsone.com/nation/newsonestaff4/teen-who-was-spanked-by-uncle-for-being-in-gang-found-dead/

Spanking solves nothing, and I am so sad I was right in this thread so long ago. Teach young people in your family about right from wrong by being an example. Show them what kind of people are good to hang around, and then when they grow up things will fall into place. Kids need influences badly, and striking them for getting it wrong is not the answer.

A man learns with his mind.
A beast learns from pain.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2011, 06:45:55 PM »
Please tell me you have more than this in order to support your argument.  :shrug:

Offline RamMan4Life

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2011, 07:48:59 AM »
A myriad of things could have led to this unfortunate event, so to assume that the discipline that his uncle chose to give him didn't work is, at best, laughable. Having been an investigator in a previous life and now dealing with youngsters, I know all to well what can happen to people when they are in the wrong place. Discipline begins at an early age and should be consistent. Even then, there is no guarantee that tragedy will not befall you. Let us mourn the death of another life by violent means instead of using it to prove an opinion about a weighty subject like discipline.
A past to cherish....a future to fulfill.

Class of '92

Home of the1960 Albany State College Rams, who finished the season UNDEFEATED and a DEFENSE UNSCORED UPON!!

KAPPA ALPHA PSI FRATERNITY,INC.
 "Detrimental" Delta Xi Chapter

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News