News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Uncle Whoops Nephew For Facebook Behavior...  (Read 7023 times)

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
Re: Uncle Whoops Nephew For Facebook Behavior...
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2011, 03:18:54 PM »
and I would've woke up on the floor some time the next morning. Cold & confused.

At least you would have woken up.  I wouldn't have even had a funeral.  I would have been cremated on site.   :no:  I'm not saying that to be funny.  My mom would have lost it had me or my brothers even lifted a hand in her direction.   :tiptoe:

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2011, 04:18:38 PM »

:o  :no:  :crazy:  >:(  :dedhorse:

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

As old as I am, even now, what my parents say is STILL the law. I'm blessed that they are both still living and I've always tried to keep the 4th commandment. Had I suddenly lost my mind and even acted like I remotely thot I wanted to contemplate saying something, much less acting like I was going to raise my pinkie (much less hand) to either, I'm certain I would currently be residing in the O'Neal Cemetery in Tunica County, MS... :nod: :nod:

Teeny and Little

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 04:33:14 PM »

:o  :no:  :crazy:  >:(  :dedhorse:

As old as I am, even now, what my parents say is STILL the law. I'm blessed that they are both still living and I've always tried to keep the 4th commandment. Had I suddenly lost my mind and even acted like I remotely thot I wanted to contemplate saying something, much less acting like I was going to raise my pinkie (much less hand) to either, I'm certain I would currently be residing in the O'Neal Cemetery in Tunica County, MS... :nod: :nod:

:lmao:

Offline Pmist

• Assistant GM
  • Class of 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2011, 07:34:30 AM »

I know that is right! Mama Wildcat can still cause me to jump with a look even to this day.

In short, you do what works for your child.  Im  glad uncle stepped to the plate. :nod: The thing is will it help change the boy's ways? If it is effective then by all means as long as he is not doing damage, I say go for it. :nod:

FVSU BMMB

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2011, 10:38:42 AM »
Neymar, what you don't understand is was not the whooping that maintained controlled.  Once you got a good one it was the threat of one. 

I count the times I whipped both of my kids on one hand.  But they knew the "tail whoopin is coming look" and that was enough to stop bad behavior. 

I thank God my parents disciplined me or I would have been in jail or in the grave.  I was very hot headed and quick to fight until one day when my Mom cut my thought I was grown tail in the principle's office for fighting in high school.  Like the kid in the video, the only thing really hurt was my pride, but I behaved correctly because I never wanted to get embarrassed like that again. 

I don't believe you should abuse a child but I personally feel if a kid is allowed to do their own thing as you and some others seem to believe you have stuff like this. 

I would have gnawed my arm off before I raised it toward my Mom and that was even in my forties before she passed.

That kid had no father at home, and if you watched the episode he hit her because she does the same to him.

You arent learning anything from the whooping though except that right and wrong is pain that I experience from my parents. Once you are too old for whoopings, you are back at square one.

I was never beat by any of my parents. I am not going to sit here and say I was a wonderful child with only timeouts and the like. I did AWFUL things as a kid, but I lived through it. I learned the true difference between right and wrong because I had to live with the mistakes I made, and I grew from it more than just not doing the wrong things because I was afraid of being beat up by my guardians. Those bad experiences, and living through them, made me into a thinker. I now dont do things because I can separate what is morally right or wrong based on my contemporary standards.

As a black man I am terribly lucky that I was raised in an environment that did not stifle my growth. My mom, like our presidents, saw the inherent power in the black man. She saw what could be achieved if you let them develop and grow like any other kid, and how important it was not to crush our spirit. So many black kids in this country dont have that opportunity. Now I know you are going to roll your eyes at this, but I still have to say it because it is what I see. My heart ACHES when I ride Marta, or travel around Atlanta and see the way black American women treat their black male kids. They make the littlest mistake, slow them down just a little, act like a kid and play around while waiting for a bus...ect, ect and they CRUSH them. They yell, hit them, have tantrums and the like. They literally kill the spirit of those kids, and you know what that produces? it produces kids who hate themselves, and people who look like them. That directly contributes to black on black violence, shucks along with circumstances I say it produces it.

Offline aggiegrad2009

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2011, 11:13:50 AM »
I called my mom last night about this and all she could do was laugh :lol:....

My parents' famous words after a spanking "SHUT UP BEFORE I GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO CRY FOR" LOL and then they would always say I do this because I LOVE you and one day you will understand and be thankful for all of this.... THEY DID NOT LIE............ :clap:

I tried my mom one time not by raising a hand but the bass in my voice went up higher than she liked and something fooled me to stand up over her while doing it MAN..............That lady jumped on me like a total stranger and tore me a new one and dang near broke half the stuff in my room. She was PISSED moreso disappointed that I would even come at her sideways like that... My dad came running out the room wondering what was wrong, mom was like nothing, this fool done lost his mind and I'm just helping him find it.....We had no more problems after that, we're the best of friends now LOL

Knocking down the competition one game at a time!!!!!!

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2011, 11:14:22 AM »
He said...."you better not say happy birthday"...............

He didn't just say that, That man said you better not even say happy birthday to God  :lmao:

His pants were hanging down because he was using the belt to whip his nephew...and even if they were hanging down he is at his house....you can do what you want to at your own house...heck you can walk around buck naked at your own house if you want to....

I wouldn't even tell my parents No, do you think I would actually hit them?  

My niece started living with my mama when she was 4 years old.....when that chick got 12 or 13 she did something and my mama popped her....that chick actually said to my mama "stop"  :o :o

I woke up and heard furniture literally moving....I came downstairs and my mama was giving that child the business :no: My mama is 5'1 and my neice was at least 5'3 5'4 at the time...

Fast forward to later on in the day...my niece had a thoroughly whipped behind...when the mood struck her, my mama would just out of nowhere look at my niece and say "don't you ever tell me to stop again".....we were in the car talking about something totally different, my mama would say, "and girl don't you ever tell me stop again"....we were at a restaurant talking about another subject, my mama said "and girl don't you ever tell me stop again, do you hear me"?  The next day, she was on the way to school, and my mama said "I can't believe you told me to stop...are you crazy?"...I was like mama, she gets it... let it go  :lmao:
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline Pmist

• Assistant GM
  • Class of 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2011, 03:31:05 PM »
Mama Wildcat is guilty of that one as well. She will hold on to something and replay it over and over again,  thus increasing your chances for getting jacked up multiple times for one offense. :lol:

FVSU BMMB

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2011, 04:46:00 PM »
OMG, I just heard the audio I'm on the FLO :lmao: Tell em it's fake, it's fake dang, but this a-- whooping not going to be OMG :lmao: :lmao:
WE ARE ALL  IMPORTANT BUT I AM FASCINATING !!!!!

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2011, 05:29:09 PM »
OMG, I just heard the audio I'm on the FLO :lmao: Tell em it's fake, it's fake dang, but this a-- whooping not going to be OMG :lmao: :lmao:

That little boy was petrified.  :lol:

Uncle:  "The Ward family don't come from that sh*t!"

Nephew: "The Ward family don't come from that bull stuff."  :lol: 

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2011, 05:35:20 PM »

My dad came running out the room wondering what was wrong, mom was like nothing, this fool done lost his mind and I'm just helping him find it.....

Alright mama :lol:
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2011, 08:25:01 PM »
Dang Youtube done pulled da plug.  :shrug: I knew I should have downloaded it.  My sister and I were on the phone laughing about it on the phone for 30 minutes.  :lol:
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2011, 08:40:18 PM »
Dang Youtube done pulled da plug.  :shrug: I knew I should have downloaded it.  My sister and I were on the phone laughing about it on the phone for 30 minutes.  :lol:

I downloaded it so let me know if you want it.

Sidenote:  Its messed up that YouTube has been pulling that video yet keep THOUSANDS of videos like this up:

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2011, 07:16:51 AM »
[quote author=Neymar link=topic=47162.msg332004#msg332004
I bet your daughter turned out well due to having two parents...not for being beaten.

Our jaisl are full of men and women who were beat as kids...the difference is the father
[/quote]

Not necessarily. Just having 2 parents in the home isn't the end of it. There are too many incarcerated who had/have two parents in the home.

In contrast, there many single parent homes who's kids have turned better than kids raised in two parent homes.

So, to make that broad brush assumption that kids raised in two parent home are the only ones that turn out fine, is erroneous at best...

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News