News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: What If You Came Home...  (Read 1856 times)

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
What If You Came Home...
« on: January 05, 2011, 02:31:53 PM »
Since we're on the topic of parenting gay children, I thought I'd share this.  Not too long ago, I was listening to the CoCo Brother Show (Christian version of  Michael Baisden) and he shared a letter with his listening audience.  A lady (Black woman) wrote in and said that she came home early from work to find her 16-year old son having sex with his male friend.  She became outraged and dropped her son off at the homeless shelter.  CoCo Brother asked everyone to pray for the lady and he had a lot of people to call into the show to give their opinions on what the lady should do.  A lot of people were saying that she probably would not have kicked him out if she had found her son having sex with a girl.   :shrug:

What would you all do in this situation?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 02:44:57 PM by DRUMMA1 »

Offline Jaimac

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: What If You Came Home...
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 03:32:39 PM »
IMO, for the lady to take her son to the homeless shelter and disown him was wrong. Her reaction is probably more so founded on the fact that the son was with another male.
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Tiger Pride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 03:35:42 PM »
Drumma, CoCoBrother used to be on a local radio station here in the A; he's a real cool brother.   :nod:

as for the topic, she probably would not have put her son out if he was found with Boomquisha Bear's [Capler's woman] daughter, but she would probably have still been fussing and carrying on about him fornicating and going to hell.

But there wouldn't have been any dropoffs at the homeless shelter.  :no:

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 04:20:49 PM »
Hopefully by the age of 16, I would have already had the sex talk with him. If he were having sex with a girl of course I would talk about pregnancy, protection,.........If it is with another boy, then the conversation would lean more towards his sexual orientation. Do you like boys, girls, or both? If he feels he's gay then i would advise him of all the pit falls associated with being gay; HIV, intolerance,.......  Other than that, what else can a parent do. The shelter is not an option.

Offline TrueEagle

• Assistant GM
  • Asst. GM
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nccueaf.org
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 04:22:59 PM »
^^^^Co-signing with the LandLord of the Honeycomb Hideout! :nod:
"The EAGLE is no common, ordinary barnyard fowl, and while a sparrow clings to its flock, AN EAGLE SOARS ALONE!" -Dr. James Shepard, Founder of NCCU    :nod:

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 10:52:54 PM »
Tell him to use protection and turn the TV up so I couldnt hear.

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 11:49:23 PM »

Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 11:52:31 PM »

I would not allow a child of any age to have sex in my house. Why make it easy for them? Responsibility comes with becoming sexually active. You get your own place or pay for a hotel. Shoot,  if a parent allows a child to shack up in their house the child will never move out.  :no:

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 11:59:05 PM »

I would not allow a child of any age to have sex in my house. Why make it easy for them? Responsibility comes with becoming sexually active. You get your own place or pay for a hotel. Shoot,  if a parent allows a child to shack up in their house the child will never move out.  :no:

Nobody is getting pregnant from that...Sex is all apart of growing up.  Rather they do it in my home, than out somewhere dangerous(Like in allies where me and my mates use to shag the little ladies :lol:)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 12:00:45 AM by Neymar »

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 12:00:35 AM »

You're letting him wear a dress, might as well let him screw.   Don't want to hinder the child's development, remember its his roof too. ::)
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

MrSoul

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 09:13:31 AM »

You're letting him wear a dress, might as well let him screw.   Don't want to hinder the child's development, remember its his roof too. ::)

exactly

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 10:03:44 AM »

That sig is priceless!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPS
2017,2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2018,2016, 2015,2009,2002 CIAA Northern Football Champions

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 10:09:23 AM »

I agree with you here Cap... :nod:  I've always said that you can't lay up with your sig others over your kids and you certainly don't let your kids lay up with their girl/boy friends over you... :nono2:

Teeny and Little

Offline Brother Tony

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 10:11:08 AM »
It is clear young neymar hasn't had to raise a thang...including a pet rabbit.  :shrug:
TUSKEGEE.....THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!

"BRINGING THE WORLD TO TUSKEGEE AND TUSKEGEE TO THE WORLD"

Offline Jaggrad

• Assistant GM
  • We Them Boyz
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 12:19:51 PM »
I would be Pissed if He was having sex with anyone while I wasnt home....

Although, I have done so while my parents were not at home... I just didnt get Caught!!! :lmao:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News