News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Princess Boy vs Tom Boy...what's the difference?  (Read 738 times)

Offline TrueEagle

• Assistant GM
  • Asst. GM
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nccueaf.org
Princess Boy vs Tom Boy...what's the difference?
« on: January 04, 2011, 01:55:53 PM »
After reading the Princess Boy article, I got to wondering what is the difference in a boy dressing like a girl and being a Princess Boy and girl dressing like boy and being a Tom Boy?

I think it's all a matter of what society accepts. I DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS BOY WEARING DRESSES. But what about a boy wearing a kilt? Didn't men wore heels and wigs in the Colonial days?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 01:58:22 PM by TrueEagle »
"The EAGLE is no common, ordinary barnyard fowl, and while a sparrow clings to its flock, AN EAGLE SOARS ALONE!" -Dr. James Shepard, Founder of NCCU    :nod:

Offline WileECoyote06

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Princess Boy vs Tom Boy
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 01:56:44 PM »
After reading the Princess Boy article, I got to wondering what is the difference in a boy dressing like a girl and being a Princess Boy and girl dressing like boy and being a Tom Boy?

They make a myriad of pants for girls.  The only dresses made for boys are for Jesus plays and bagpipes.

Online ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
Re: Princess Boy vs Tom Boy
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 02:02:25 PM »
TE -

It's more than clothing...I'd focus more on the actions and behaviors...My twins wear pants, jeans and cords alot, but they also have their hair braided with baretts.  They also rock brims to school too as they like to dress up and look stylish...again, it's their actions and behaviors that I'd be more weary of. 

For example, if they behaved more like my nephews than daughters, then I'd be concerned. They are active, play outside with the other kids and can handle their own with the boys.  But I also know they are all girls when they come in and play with dolls, LPSO, Build A Bears and that stuff.

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
Re: Princess Boy vs Tom Boy...what's the difference?
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 02:25:27 PM »
I read that article.
I am of the opinion that it's ridiculous to allow that boy to dress like a girl. Gender roles are learned from young ages. If I were the father...........which I am not...........I wouldn't allow this. But, we're in such a politically correct society where you have to let children "express themselves", that you get ridiculous stories like this. ::)
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 02:40:11 PM »
The difference is that clothing manufacturers started making pants for females but not skirts for males...

Some of the responses are killing me...all I can do is  :no:

Teeny and Little

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 02:48:40 PM »
TE -

It's more than clothing...I'd focus more on the actions and behaviors...My twin boys wear dresses, hair bows and blouses alot, but they also have crew cut hair.  They also rock tims to school too as they like to dress down and look thugish...again, it's their actions and behaviors that I'd be more weary of.

For example, if they behaved more like my nieces than sons, then I'd be concerned. They are dainty, play inside with the other kids and can bake a mean souffle with the girls.  But I also know they are all boys when they come in and play with Tonka trucks, GI Joe, ride bikes and that stuff.

Double standard anyone?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 02:51:25 PM by Capler »

Offline Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 02:54:44 PM »
TE -

It's more than clothing...I'd focus more on the actions and behaviors...My twin boys wear dresses, hair bows and blouses alot, but they also have crew cut hair.  They also rock tims to school too as they like to dress down and look thugish...again, it's their actions and behaviors that I'd be more weary of.

For example, if they behaved more like my nieces than sons, then I'd be concerned. They are dainty, play inside with the other kids and can bake a mean souffle with the girls.  But I also know they are all boys when they come in and play with Tonka trucks, GI Joe, ride bikes and that stuff.

Double standard anyone?

Perhaps if you have an REAL boy instead of changing words in a sentence.

Offline Pmist

• Assistant GM
  • Class of 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 02:58:19 PM »
Some of the responses are killing me...all I can do is  :no:

I am right there with you. :nod:

FVSU BMMB

Offline Jaggrad

• Assistant GM
  • We Them Boyz
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 03:54:06 PM »
This issue is far beyond clothes.......

Its more about the support and Parenting... or lack thereof of the Parents involved......

Society also plays its part in the development of children.  It is important that our children are Love and supported in whateva they choose....

For the Parents.... Guidance is Mandatory.... STOPP BEING LAZY!!! and letting these kids raise themselves....... :no:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News