News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: What habits or fashion should a forty year old Black man leave behind?  (Read 10329 times)

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: What habits or fashion should a forty year old Black man leave behind?
« Reply #60 on: December 29, 2010, 08:58:19 PM »
Get a hat baby....get a hat....

Alright, I'm going home and shave it all off.  But I have to go up pass Fayetteville in the morning and if I catch a cold I'll be expecting some chicken soup.  :lol:

please sir, don't shave that noggin.  nobody wants to see those knots on your head.   :nod:

how far past fayetteville.

Forgot the name of the town.  I plan to be sleeping. :lol: But when we get to Fayetteville we are heading east toward the coastline.
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Trying to light Que82 up like a 4th of July firecracker

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2010, 05:18:28 AM »
Get a hat baby....get a hat....

Alright, I'm going home and shave it all off.  But I have to go up pass Fayetteville in the morning and if I catch a cold I'll be expecting some chicken soup.  :lol:

please sir, don't shave that noggin.  nobody wants to see those knots on your head.   :nod:

how far past fayetteville.

Forgot the name of the town.  I plan to be sleeping. :lol: But when we get to Fayetteville we are heading east toward the coastline.

if go through goldsboro i can arrange to have a room reserved for you at cherry hospital.   :nod:

have a good time.  lot's of good people in down east north carolina.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

MrSoul

« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2010, 08:48:50 AM »
What habits or fashion should a forty year old Black man leave behind? definitely sagging pants. Bad enough on those under 40, even worse for those over 40.
Extremely baggy clothes and oversized clothes - you are not rappers.
Getting with chicks young enough to be your daughters [or for those on the other side],
kids young enough to be your sons.  ;D But hey, whatever.
If you like it, I ain't gon stop ya.

What habits or fashion should a forty year old Black WOman leave behind? Weaves that look like chit and the back of a sheep's a--.  If you're going to wear one,
make it a good one. The goal is for it to look real.
Again, back to clothes that don't fit right. Hey, you're 40, you should know what
works on you by now.
I know cougars like em young, virile and everready, so I ain't going to hate on ya.
Just keep em in ya bedroom, don't bring em to the family reunion please.
Not getting along with other women - you just look and sound silly.

Any questions.  ;D

Offline Bearforlife

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2010, 09:00:33 AM »
Since we went there, things a 40 year old woman should leave behind (really any woman over 25 I think).

*Purchasing anything in the juniors section of the department store. I don't care how small you are, get something in the petite section. Juniors clothes look cheap and well junior-ish.

*Bad weaves/wigs: We all know that your hair isn't jet black or platinum blonde. Find one that is both flattering and more natural looking.

*Sparkle lipgloss, glitter eyeliner, fairy dust face powder: These are for teenagers at a rave party not a grown woman with a real job (ie. Phaedra Parks...glitter eyeliner for real?)

*Not owning one quality pair of black pumps. C'mon lady! They don't have to be Yves Saint Laurent Tribitoo platforms, but just like a man needs a black suit you need a black pump.

*Must own one black dress that fits well and can be dressed up or down depending on the occasion.

I could go on, but I will stop there.

Offline GALFAMU

• Assistant GM
  • POODAH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 30, 2010, 09:05:05 AM »
What habits or fashion should a forty year old Black Woman leave behind? Not getting along with other women - you just look and sound silly.

This is one that I wish Black women would say a prayer over and bury it!!!! :clap:
I am not competing with anyone but myself.
I simply want to be a better person today than I was yesterday.

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 30, 2010, 09:32:19 AM »
^^^ :nod:

Please allow me to add to both sexes - when you decide to date person with child/children, that's a package deal. You can't expect person to spend time with you/yours but not with their own  :nono2: and you've got to reciprocate...  :nod:

Teeny and Little

MrSoul

« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2010, 09:39:55 AM »

*Bad weaves/wigs: We all know that your hair isn't jet black or platinum blonde.
Find one that is both flattering and more natural looking.

Judge Karen, I hope you're listening.    :shrug:

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #67 on: December 30, 2010, 09:46:31 AM »
^^^ :nod:

Please allow me to add to both sexes - when you decide to date person with child/children, that's a package deal. You can't expect person to spend time with you/yours but not with their own  :nono2: and you've got to reciprocate...  :nod:

Yep, that goes back to what you were saying about being jealous and selfish :nod:

I agree with everything everybody has said about women, but let me add..

*If you are 40+ and you've still got to sell your cooter cat to Jerome so you can get an outfit for the Blues Festival with Sir Charles Jones and Bobby Blue Bland, you really need to re-evaluate your spending habits...I won't make it a morality issue...

*A woman 40+ should be able to leave that entitlement mentality behind when it comes to what a man HAS to do for you.  Be able to do SOMETHING for yourself.....show some independence...My mother ALWAYS taught me that the key to independence is not necessarily doing it all for yourself, it is having the ABILITY to do it for yourself if need be. Let that man be a man, but baby if he acts a fool you better be able to hit the ground running....

Case in point...how in the HELL do you blow $15 million dollars in 4 years?  :brickwall:

Eddie Murphy's ex-wife broke

She'll find somebody else to finance her, but at this point in her life should she have to :shrug:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 09:53:05 AM by Valley Girl »
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline Furious Styles

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2010, 09:56:09 AM »

*Bad weaves/wigs: We all know that your hair isn't jet black or platinum blonde.

Damn, that looks like one of my cousins!  ;D
F.S.

"To be successful and a black man, you must be bicultural. White people can afford to concern themselves with only white people things, but a black man must know it all."  -A.H.

Offline Bearforlife

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2010, 09:57:28 AM »
*How about demanding that a man have a body like LL Cool J when you look like Monique (before her weight loss)...or is that another topic?

*Demanding a man have a heap of money when you live check to check.

*Spending your lat $30 on eyelashes and only having a 1/2 tank of gas.

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2010, 11:15:35 AM »
BT - the truf bomb for bearforlife please... :nod:

Make that NO gas... :lol:

Teeny and Little

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2010, 11:42:55 AM »
delete
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 11:47:17 AM by Strike79 »

Offline GALFAMU

• Assistant GM
  • POODAH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2010, 11:51:06 AM »
delete

WHY the delete, Strike79?  I always enjoy your comments! :)

And that Judge Karen...  :o

She really needs to have a heart-to-heart with her mirror and colorist.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 11:53:36 AM by GALFAMU »
I am not competing with anyone but myself.
I simply want to be a better person today than I was yesterday.

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2010, 12:02:54 PM »

Her hair looks great to me.  :shrug:

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2010, 12:05:46 PM »
 :lol:............in the "deleted" comment, I quoted a poster's comment and erroneously referenced the poster as being one gender when, in fact, the person was the opposite gender.  The gender confusion sort of detracted from the whole point of the post.

But............just for you, GAL.

Is there an acceptable length above the knee, if at all,  for a 40+ woman to wear her dress?  I've seen some gals walking about who obviously are oblivious to BOTH their age and girth.  :o

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News