News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Military will write the rules on DADT repeal  (Read 2011 times)

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
Re: Military will write the rules on DADT repeal
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2010, 08:06:54 PM »
Because you are a self-identified "Mental Health officer," kindly explain to a brutha the "mental" reasoning that would cause an otherwise sane individual to literally "kill" someone "thought to be gay"?  

As Que alluded too, there are many "I am God Soldiers "in the military who have subconscious suppressed memories or have been taught gays "are bad".  There have been many cases where soldiers over the years, have been killed because of their sexual orientation. Eventhough it's not publicized. One can argue in the context of two kids growing up in the same home and provided with everything, but one decides to kill and you ask yourself  what makes a normal kid just go out and kill someone :shrug:
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 10:43:01 AM by j1908 »
WE ARE ALL  IMPORTANT BUT I AM FASCINATING !!!!!

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2010, 08:16:33 PM »
.........understood.  And thanks, bruh, cuz I really couldn't grasp the mentality of someone who would KILL someone who is gay.

And what happened to you is REALLY "f'ed" up.  I'm glad things turned out as they did, but MAN is that scary.  :o

I can understand that there are a lot of crazy people in the military but they were there before DADT. Some Christians don't like Jews so what.  The military has been able to handled prejudice and crazy people in the past with regulations. I don't see why DADT should be different.

Do I think the transition to acceptance of Gays in the military will be smooth sailing? No. However,sometimes doing the right thing is hard. I'm confident that the military will be able to adjust to change.  They have done it before.
Agreed that's why I said soldiers adjust.  IMHO There will be some incidents no doubt but not the widespread chaos as many seem to think.
Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Lord, remove the front teeth of my enemies so I can know them by their smile.

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 10:36:37 AM »
Informative dialogue here... :nod:

I can only imagine that if one is caught up in a gunfight or the like, he/she wouldn't give a particular *&^$ if the person trying to help/save them is gay or not - and if they do, they need to be discharged... :nod:

Teeny and Little

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2010, 10:43:25 AM »
So true Soror.
WE ARE ALL  IMPORTANT BUT I AM FASCINATING !!!!!

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News