News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: OBAMA IN GOOD SHAPE FOR 2012 DESPITE CURRENT WOES  (Read 3252 times)

Online Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: OBAMA IN GOOD SHAPE FOR 2012 DESPITE CURRENT WOES
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2010, 12:40:55 PM »
I get the feeling the Uchi thinks every leader of the U.S. should go around the world with their chest stuck out, dictating to other world leaders, demanding that they look up to us as the supreme leader of the planet, and what we say goes, no questions asked.

WAKE THE F*** UP!
The U.S. is but a shell of itself, and people like you are in too deep of a denial to realize it. There's a nightmare waiting on the horizon for you if you ever decide come out of your slumber and cross back over into reality...if you were ever there to start with...
Could not have said it better myself.  TREMENDOUS post, sir.  :clap:

Thing is, Strike- Week in and week out, I come into contact with a BROAD cross-section of the American public, and a fair of amount of foreign visitors. I dialogue with these people on current issues, and almost to a person, they all agree with what I wrote in my previous post(s).

......yeah, FULLY understand what you're saying here, bruh.

Folks across the world still look to the United States to provide moral leadership, DESPITE this country's atrocious history in its treatment of blacks and other ethnic minorities.  Fortunately, we DO have a mechanism in place in this country, i.e., the Constitution, that can be used as vehicle to redress and correct historic grievances and wrongs.  One could argue that yesterday's enactment of the repeal of DADT is a part of that evolutionary chain of correcting past mistreatment of folks.

But soflo is ABSOLUTELY correct, the days of people in this country trying to bully other countries into submission in pursuit of economic and political hegemony are OVAH!!!!!  This stupid a-- woman from Alaska has recently "written" a piece, published nationally, stating that the Obama administration needs to get "tough" with Iran on its nuclear policy.  Don't know what she would suggest, but does she REALLY THINK that the United States can scare the leaders of Iran into crying "uncle" or something?  Well, she's so stupid, perhaps she REALLY DOES believe this.  But most RATIONAL people know that it doesn't work like that anymore.

I think peeps like Uchi, y, spotty, et al, had damn well better pay CLOSE attention to all of this 2010 census data that's being released.  It is providing some stark realities about just what being an "American" means as we traverse the first quarter of the 21st century.

One COMPELLING statistic released about Nashville continues to stun me.  The data suggests that in 2010 AT LEAST 25% of ALL Metro-Nashville public school children are Hispanic.  That is simply ASTOUNDING, but it speaks to the changing demographics that are occurring across the country.

We are facing new "realities" as citizens of the United States of America.  The sooner we ACKNOWLEDGE that, the better off we ALL will be.

End of lecture.   :lol:

Offline iceman4221

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Beast of the MidEast with 16 Football Championships and Counting...
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2010, 05:27:18 PM »

Oh my.....this is way to easy....

He allowed his AG to sue the state of AZ without even reading the legislation he sued them for. The suit underscores that immigration is an enumerated power under the supremacy clause of the U.S. Constitution. The complaint states that although states may exercise their police power in a manner that has an incidental or indirect effect on (illegal) aliens, a state may not establish its own immigration policy or enforce state laws in a manner that interferes with federal immigration laws.

He made some derogatory comments about the Cambridge PD without being fully informed. Gates was arrested while in his home by police who originally accused him of breaking in and didn't like him getting pissed about it after he proved he lived there. That was not only stupid on the policeman's part, but just dumb. And just as dumb for any of you to co-sign the policeman actions as anything but. Speaks volumes of your mental makeup...

He's bowed before foreign leaders. As is the protocol if it is the custom of the host leader. Other presidents have done it. Why is it a problem when the Black president does it?

maybe Gitmo...Read...if you can...

..or how about his flyover of NYC. Obama was not on that plane, which shows the lie you believe. A pentagon official, who was later relieved, made that decision without the president's knowledge.

You show your true color when you come up with crap like this...
You are killing me Smalls. I knew someone would come up with a pass on the examples I gave of Obama doing DUMB things. I didn't say he didn't have the RIGHt not to do them did I? These were dumb things he has done and will continue to do. Just wait. Is it crap? Did he do it or not? GO VIKINGS!!!

If you think these are great examples and that the responses to your so called great examples are crap, then you are spending to much time having dialogue with OS and you are letting him influence you instead of the other way around UCHI...   :nono2: :nono2: :nono2:

Wise people attack the premise or the validity of a statement while small minded people attack individuals personally...  Be a MAN and destroy the arguments put forth by soflorattler, like he so eloquently dismissed your claimed DUMB acts by our President the Honorable Barack Obama...   :nod: :nod: :nod:

Refute his arguments by backing up what you felt was dumb, with and explanation that disputes the assertions made by soflorattler - otherwise you have joined OS in the world of the loud, proud and asinine.  Always talking but never saying nothing... :nono2: :nono2: :nono2:

The only thing worse than a cut & paste artist is a man with a "Cut & Paste" MIND...  :crazy: :crazy::crazy:

Wow.....you guys really come unglued sometimes.  
I'm am continually amazed at the nastiness some of you exhibit. I stand by what I posted. He does dumb things and will continue to do dumb things. You KNOW they were dumb....you just can't admit it. GO VIKINGS!!!

1.  Please highlight the comments by soflorattler and/or myself that reveal that we have become unglued...    

2.  According to you, state law began trumping federal law when Arizona decided to come up with a new law on how to deal with immigration and immigrant issues - NOT!!!  A quick read of the Constitution, the Amendments, etc will show you this...

3.  When a law enforcement officer comes to my house or yours suspecting a robbery/burglary in progress, and you identify yourself as the homeowner and show proof of ownership and your official government identification, the purpose intended for the law enforcement officers trip to our residence ends - unless there is some other illegal or law breaking activity going on that he/she observes.  

So no Mr UCHI you are WRONG and the POTUS was correct in his expression and reaction

You need to get a clue and the best way is to try and put the "shoe on the other foot" and understand it from the perspective of, how you would feel, if this happened to you or a "love one" personally...  In other words, get a friggin conscience and gain some sound judgment capabilities...  :nod: :nod: :nod:

4.  Why is it when the POTUS does what the other former Presidents have done, in the past you and people like you get a wedgy and think the POTUS is weak?  Hypocritical assessments at best and/or you are ignorant of political protocol and ashame to admit as such.  Bowing to foreign leaders is going to destoy American on tomorrow - Good Grief Charlie Brown!!! :read: :read: :read:

5.  The POTUS flew over NYC, where are you getting your news from, are your sources credible and/or in some way affiliated with FOX News Network...  The Story is a HOAX for crying out loud...  :brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

6. GITMO, was the prize action and situation created by the BUSH administration, if the POTUS would just do what the BUSH Administration did, then the GITMO situation would not be a situation open for discussion at all, I guess  :no: :no: :no:  

« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 06:31:53 PM by iceman4221 »
NEVER Deliberate, Debate or Argue About what is Clearly Wrong and/or Unjust, and Try to Persuade Yourself or Others  that it's Not...

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • Adinkra Symbol for "Unbreakable" "Resilient"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 26, 2010, 02:38:22 PM »
highlander,

If it was so dumb to sue AZ, how is it that a court has already thrown out enforcement of key provisions:
Lawyers for the U.S. Justice Department, which brought the case against Arizona in July, have argued the law violates the supremacy clause of the Constitution.

In her ruling, Judge Bolton agreed, ruling that enforcement of the most contentious provisions of the law would preempt the federal government's exclusive authority to set and implement a national immigration policy.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/arizona-immigration-law-governor-jan-brewer-justice-department/story?id=11996695

Whether the DoJ is correct or whether the judge's ruling holds up thru the appeals process is quite a separate issue from whether it was "dumb" to challenge the law. 

The fact that at the FIRST OPPORTUNITY a judge gutted the law does give more objective support to the correctness of the DoJ's and the President's position than either of our opinions about whether it was dumb or not.

It wasn't dumb for the President to flyover NYC SINCE IT DID NOT HAPPEN.  And it wasn't dumb that the guy who failed to alert his supervisors about it in advance was fired.  So, who is really dumb?

O0
Long Live Killmonger!

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News