News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: I got harassed by Greensboro's finest tonight!  (Read 1531 times)

Offline QueHBCUFan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: I got harassed by Greensboro's finest tonight!
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2010, 02:22:59 PM »
Wow Cap I have a situation similar to yours.  I was stopped recently for having a headlight out, but instead of asking questions I just let the poor cop do his job.  While he was running my license I wondered which light was out, but never did it cross my mind to get out of the car.  I kept my mouth closed and the night ended with me only receiving a warning ticket.  When I drove away I used that time to call that redneck muthersucker every name in the book and I made it home safe and sound!  ;D
ALBANY STATE UNIVERSITY

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2010, 02:55:31 PM »
let me see....cop tell you to remain in the car....your dumb arse get out of the car anyway huh.....not the smartest thing in the world to do there Mr. Capler....in some communities, that alone could result in you getting tased, beat down or worse.  I'm thankful nothing of serious consequences happened to you.  My brother was a 25 year cop in BHM and I shared this with him, his advice is point on with that of soflo and he also said you were misguided in stepping out of that vehicle when they told you to remain in the car.  you crossed a line that wasn't worthy of crossing.

take it for what its worth cap....pursue the complaint but be blessed and thankful they didn't harm you in anyway.....

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2010, 04:38:21 PM »
let me see....cop tell you to remain in the car....your dumb arse get out of the car anyway huh.....not the smartest thing in the world to do there Mr. Capler....in some communities, that alone could result in you getting tased, beat down or worse.  I'm thankful nothing of serious consequences happened to you.  My brother was a 25 year cop in BHM and I shared this with him, his advice is point on with that of soflo and he also said you were misguided in stepping out of that vehicle when they told you to remain in the car.  you crossed a line that wasn't worthy of crossing.

take it for what its worth cap....pursue the complaint but be blessed and thankful they didn't harm you in anyway.....

I agree that was poor judgement on your part Cap even though you were in the right.  :shrug:  All they had to do was shoot your a-- and plant the gun they keep with the serial number filed off.  :shrug:

Never discuss cheese with a rat, bread with a bird or make moves with a snake.

Lord, remove the front teeth of my enemies so I can know them by their smile.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 04:48:42 PM »
let me see....cop tell you to remain in the car....your dumb arse get out of the car anyway huh.....not the smartest thing in the world to do there Mr. Capler....in some communities, that alone could result in you getting tased, beat down or worse.  I'm thankful nothing of serious consequences happened to you.  My brother was a 25 year cop in BHM and I shared this with him, his advice is point on with that of soflo and he also said you were misguided in stepping out of that vehicle when they told you to remain in the car.  you crossed a line that wasn't worthy of crossing.

I agree that was poor judgement on your part Cap even though you were in the right.  :shrug:  All they had to do was shoot your a-- and plant the gun they keep with the serial number filed off.  :shrug:

:nod:

Way back in the day when I lived in Orlando, I used to know a guy who was a convicted felon that was the "go-to guy" for LEOs who wanted "throw downs" (illegal weapons). He lived on Long St. They never bothered him except to come by and purchase.
Asking for a friend...

Trump's half brother in Kenya

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2010, 05:55:01 PM »
^^^ :nod:

Most cops have a supply of them... :nod:

Teeny and Little

Offline JBROB

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2010, 06:35:55 PM »
Call Councilman Jim Kee or Diane Bellamy-Small.  Tell them your story.

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2010, 08:02:43 PM »
i like Jim, he's a cool dude. i llove Diane, she don't take no junk.  But if I really want to shake things up, I'll go straight to nelson johnson and the Pulpit Forum. They are a little radical for my taste but they sure know how to shake stuff up in Greensboro. 

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2010, 08:32:25 PM »
Yeah Capler, you should have remained in the car and you got a little fly at the mouth. 

You are certainly within your rights to run your mouth. However,  it wasn't worth it.

Getting out of the car -- well you reasonably detained for an improper headlight. It was reasonable for officer to have you stay in the car for his own safety, and obstruction charge may have stuck.

Offline Meciber 202

• Assistant GM
  • We're Baaacck! MEAC Baby! 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2010, 02:58:21 PM »
Cap ... man you better be careful ... :o you can be right and "dead-right" at the same time. :crazy:
2006 HBCU National Champions - NC Central University

Don't forget secret GOP strategy meetings sponsored by Koch bros: attendees included Congressmen, Governors, CEOs, National Chamber of Congress, and two Supreme Court Judges; all united to put GOP back in power. Could SC Judges be bought? smh

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News