News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: bill clinton supports president obama's tax deal  (Read 577 times)

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
bill clinton supports president obama's tax deal
« on: December 10, 2010, 06:39:23 PM »
full story

the fair and balanced story

President Obama today brought out former president and Democratic heavyweight Bill Clinton for an impromptu press conference to tout his tax cut deal with Republicans that has earned the ire of many liberal Democrats.

"The agreement, taken as a whole," Clinton said, "is, I believe, the best bipartisan agreement we can reach to help the largest number of Americans, and to maximize the chances that the economic recovery will accelerate and create more jobs, and to minimize the chances that it will slip back, which is what has happened in other financial collapses."

The payroll tax credit will "actually create a fair number of jobs," he added. "I expect it to lower the unemployment rate and keep us going."

The former president was at the White House for a meeting with Obama. The president said he had a "terrific meeting" with Clinton, who he introduced as the president who "presided over as good of an economy as we've seen in our lifetimes."

The last time the White House brought out the former president was earlier this year, when Clinton visited Democratic lawmakers to stump for the health care bill.

In the briefing room today, a seemingly comfortable Clinton pushed his fellow Democrats dubious of the deal to support the president.

"In my opinion, this is a good bill and I hope that my fellow Democrats will support it," Clinton said. "I thank the Republican leaders for agreeing to include things that were important to the president.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule