News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: y04, highlander, Oldsport: What is the Tea Party saying about the tax deal?  (Read 2434 times)

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: y04, highlander, Oldsport: What is the Tea Party saying about the tax deal?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 12:12:42 PM »
Most of the money loss is not due to abuse.  The problem is people are living longer and collecting better benefits.  If you corrected abuse you would still be in a hole.  That waste, fraud and abuse BS has always been just talk, in an effort to avoid the difficult things we must do to bring down the deficit. We SS was first passed the average life span was 62---you were eliglble at 65 for SS.  Now people are living longer than 65 thus we have less money to fund it---waste , fraud and abuse won't cut it anymore.
So ....if people are living longer then raising the retirement age won't do what some people on this board argued that it would do and that was people who paid all their life into SS wouldn't collect it because they wouldn't live long enough. Kinda blows that theory up. GO VIKINGS!!!

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 09:43:27 PM »
highlander,

Were they saying that everybody would die before collecting SS?

I don't recall the discussion, but I doubt it.

I suspect they were saying that fewer people would be alive to collect it, right?

O0

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 09:50:44 PM »
I am curious since they were so strongly in favor of reducing the deficit.

O0
I don't know...I haven't heard much of anything. Don't forget though....they also didn't want taxes raised. GO VIKINGS!!!

Well, I am sure they are in favor of apple pie and motherhood, too, but the HUGE concern was all about charging the credit card that our children and grandchildren would have to pay.  That was the driving issue that was most talked about and was featured on posters at rallies.

Now, the TPs have fallen strangely silent!!!

Only a few voices on The Right have come forward to oppose this extension and  enlargement of the structural deficit WITHOUT SHOWING HOW TO PAY FOR IT.

Krauthammer is right:  The Repubs have betrayed the TPs and the TPs are................quiet.

O0

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule