News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: House Democrats reject tax plan unless changed  (Read 2378 times)

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: House Democrats reject tax plan unless changed
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2010, 02:30:19 PM »
He was not in office two years ago?
You're right ...he wasn't....but I can be a wise a-- too....he should have still been working on it 2 years ago as a campaign platform. GO VIKINGS!!!

He got you on that one. :lol:  What the president needed to do was stablize the economy first.  He did that and now he is on to other things. 
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2010, 02:35:31 PM »
Nothing to add. I do appreciate the tenor of the responses.  :)

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 02:46:45 PM »
You're right ...he wasn't....but I can be a wise a-- too....he should have still been working on it 2 years ago as a campaign platform. GO VIKINGS!!!

He got you on that one. :lol:  What the president needed to do was stablize the economy first.  He did that and now he is on to other things. 
Unfortunately the economy HASN'T stabilized. I mean, how can you say that when the unemplyment numbers are going up....not down? GO VIKINGS!!!

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 03:28:46 PM »

Unfortunately the economy HASN'T stabilized. I mean, how can you say that when the unemplyment numbers are going up....not down? GO VIKINGS!!!

These K----s will say anything out their stupid a-- mouths...

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2010, 03:47:46 PM »
Well I did appreciate the tenor of the responses until that last comment.

I'm not sure it's accurate to say the economy has not stabilized because of rising unemployment. If I am not mistaken the unemployment rate went up to 9.8 percent last month but for the prior 3 months it remained at 9.6 percent.  I don't know if that slight rise in the unemployment rate alone proves that the economy is not stable.

I've heard/read that the unemployment is not the sole metric for determining how well the economy is doing.

Hoping against all odds that we can have a mature conversation without the name calling and personal insults.  :(

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2010, 04:00:39 PM »
This is only my humble opinion. I've said this before and I'll say it again....you can pump all the money you want to into our economy but until people go back to work it ain't improving and it ain't stailized. GO VIKINGS!!!

Offline MisterIkester

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2010, 04:01:17 PM »
Hoping against all odds that we can have a mature conversation without the name calling and personal insults.  :(

I hope so too, but that's seriously unlikely here. Hell, Twin and 66 made a thread addressing this months ago and, as you can can see, that lead to nothing.

Maybe we should just ask the Webmaster to create an ignore list here...Kanye ShrugTM
"I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually." -James Baldwin

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2010, 05:23:02 PM »
This is only my humble opinion. I've said this before and I'll say it again....you can pump all the money you want to into our economy but until people go back to work it ain't improving and it ain't stailized. GO VIKINGS!!!

Well,  everybody is entitled to their opinion.

Economy is making steady gains despite unemployment

By Paul Wiseman, AP Economics Writer
WASHINGTON — The economy is starting to fire on almost every cylinder these days but the one that matters most: job creation.
Factories are busier. Incomes are rising. Autos are selling. The holiday shopping season is shaping up as the best in four years. Stock prices are surging.

forecasts for the economy's growth. Goldman Sachs, for instance, just revised its gloomy prediction of a 2% increase in gross domestic product in 2011 to 2.7% and forecast 3.6% growth for 2012.

"The upward momentum has more traction this time," says James O'Sullivan, chief economist at MF Global.

If only every major pillar of the economy were faring so well.

Despite weeks of brighter economic news, employers still aren't hiring freely. The economy added a net total of just 39,000 jobs in November, the government said Friday.

That's far too few even to stabilize the unemployment rate, which rose from 9.6% in October to 9.8% last month. Unemployment is widely expected to stay above 9% through next year, in part because of the still-depressed real estate industry.

Job creation ultimately drives the economy, and it remains the most significant weak link.

The meager job gains for November confounded economists. They'd expected net job growth to reach 145,000 and for the unemployment rate to stay at 9.6%.

Some economists dismissed the November data as a technical fluke, a result of the government's difficulty in adjusting the figures for seasonal factors. They think the number will be revised up later.

The full article is pretty interesing
http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2010-12-06-economy-jobs_N.htm

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule