News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Slavery reparations or just black farmer settlements?  (Read 911 times)

Offline NovaSkegee

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
Slavery reparations or just black farmer settlements?
« on: December 02, 2010, 12:10:12 PM »
December 2, 2010
Debate over black farmer settlements

Anderson Cooper

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/02/kth-debate-over-black-farmer-settlements/

Video: Slavery reparations or just settlements?

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/02/video-slavery-reparations-or-just-settlements/

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Slavery reparations or just black farmer settlements?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2010, 12:12:43 PM »
Slavery repartions would cost more than that.  Russia wanted 20 billion from Germany for what they did to them in 1945??? Then how much should WE get if we were really paying slavery reparations???

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2010, 12:44:15 PM »
Slavery repartions would cost more than that.  Russia wanted 20 billion from Germany for what they did to them in 1945??? Then how much should WE get if we were really paying slavery reparations???
Were you a slave Ken? GO VIKINGS!!!

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2010, 01:39:40 PM »
Well the question is not related to the tread but i understand where you are coming from.  No I was never a slave-- but by that same token , I was never a cow, but I do know the price of milk.

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 01:53:05 PM »
Well the question is not related to the tread but i understand where you are coming from.  No I was never a slave-- but by that same token , I was never a cow, but I do know the price of milk.
Who would pay reparations? Only the slave holding states? Only those states that were in the US at that time. What about the union soldiers that lost their lives....would their families get anything? Do reparations get paid based on length of time an ancestor was a slave? As far as black farmers....yes they were discriminated against and deserve to be compensated but there seems to be alot more farmers asking for compensation than ever applied for a loan. GO VIKINGS!!!

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 01:58:54 PM »
Man ain't no body asking FOR slave reparations. The title of the tread is do you consider the settlement with black farmers slave reparations or a settlement.  No I consider it a settlement, but if is WAS slave reparations the costs should be higher.  Ain't nobody trying to get slave reparations--this is a normal discussion.  The statement on Russia is what we call in the English language a comparative statement in a discussion--ain't nobody asking for reparations.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 02:07:34 PM »
as for slave reparations, we ain't getting a dime until the descendants of the slave owners get theirs.

as for the black farmers.  there is debate as to whether some black farmers will get paid even though they did not apply for a loan.  they should get paid.  why should a black farmer waste his time year in and year out knowing he won't get approved or get approved in a timely manner.  i personally know black farmers who did not even bother to apply for these loans because they would get turned down or delayed. 

the money these farmers are getting is peanuts to what they should really get.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 02:14:07 PM »
Again man ain't nobody ASKING for slave reparations.  Where in the title is ANYONE saying we should get slave reparations.??? I think and I might be wrong but the question is if any of us consider the settlement a true settlement or slave reparations.  You guys are trying to start a bogus arguement that is not even related to the subject.  I think the question is  for intellectual discussion, not bitching and moaning.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 02:54:33 PM »
ken, it is a low settlement.

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2010, 03:10:33 PM »
Again man ain't nobody ASKING for slave reparations.  Where in the title is ANYONE saying we should get slave reparations.??? I think and I might be wrong but the question is if any of us consider the settlement a true settlement or slave reparations.  You guys are trying to start a bogus arguement that is not even related to the subject.  I think the question is  for intellectual discussion, not bitching and moaning.
I gottcha.....I would consider it a settlement because it is aimed at a select group. GO VIKINGS!!!

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 10:52:30 AM »
I think reparations should definantly be payed. It matters nothing if any of us are slaves because we all still have to suffer with the consequences of this.

The man who impregnated my mother did not stay with her. This is directly based on the fact he comes from a long line of slaves that were families broken up. This is the US governments fault, and I should be compensated for this.

Another one is the lack of wealth. AAms were hard as anybody, but their kids are left with nothing based on the fact it was not payed properly. There should be compensation for this.

Lighter skin, based on rape and other forced arrangements puts African Americans at a higher risk for such crap like sun burning and skin cancer...there should be compensation for this.

AFAM women taking on manly traits because the man are gone, and it being a huge factor in why relationships wont work in our community also is the governments fault...There should be compensation for this.

These 4 reasons arent even mentioning jim crow and drug exploitation of the 20th century. Put simply, there must be reparations.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 11:00:12 AM »
neymar, blacks aren't getting reparations until descendants of slave owners get reparations.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 11:02:38 AM »
neymar, blacks aren't getting reparations until descendants of slave owners get reparations.

They got it. Its called the right to be alive.

If the union didnt care about giving reparations to them, then they should have killed them dead the minute the war ended.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News