News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: What do you fear most about aging?  (Read 2898 times)

Offline Black Panther40

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: What do you fear most about aging?
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2010, 01:05:54 PM »
Black Panther, life is not always about doing what we want to do... 

Man . . .
Don't you think that's some information I'd like to know?  I like Tacos . . .

Online Maroon and Gray

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2010, 01:47:34 PM »
Black Panther, life is not always about doing what we want to do. You think I felt like leaving my house at 8:30pm last night, going out into the cold to the gym and sweating for 90 minutes. Hell no! I'd rather stay on my sofa with a burger, beer and a remote control. 

why do you leave for the gym so late?

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2010, 04:29:34 PM »
Black Panther, life is not always about doing what we want to do. You think I felt like leaving my house at 8:30pm last night, going out into the cold to the gym and sweating for 90 minutes. Hell no! I'd rather stay on my sofa with a burger, beer and a remote control. 

I hate waiting on equipment. The clowns come out during prime hours. The serious folk do the off hours. Those little boys who like to play and hog up equipment are there at 6:00pm. :brickwall:

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2010, 10:46:35 PM »
Right now, now much!
I exercise 5-6 times a day.  I let you guys get old because I still feel 25 and function like one. :nod:
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline KHawk

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2010, 03:49:49 PM »
I fear absolutely nothing about getting older.  I thank God for giving me 55 wonderful years thus far.  Whatever he decides for me later in life, I will deal with it, be thankful for my oh so many good days, and move on the best I can.  As Luther Barnes says in his song, "He Keeps On Blessing Me" and "I Won't Complain".  If I were to die tonight, I have had a very good life.

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2010, 06:21:46 PM »

I hate waiting on equipment. The clowns come out during prime hours. The serious folk do the off hours. Those little boys who like to play and hog up equipment are there at 6:00pm. :brickwall:

Yeah, they walk around competing with each other. I'm like dude " Can you get off the equipment" I'm going to change my hours to 7:00 pm, hopefully I want get the Lee Haney wannabees.
WE ARE ALL  IMPORTANT BUT I AM FASCINATING !!!!!

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2010, 06:40:39 PM »
I fear absolutely nothing about getting older.  I thank God for giving me 55 wonderful years thus far.  Whatever he decides for me later in life, I will deal with it, be thankful for my oh so many good days, and move on the best I can.  As Luther Barnes says in his song, "He Keeps On Blessing Me" and "I Won't Complain".  If I were to die tonight, I have had a very good life.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2010, 07:23:55 PM »
i fear i won't be the only curmudgeon on the block.   
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline FSUHALL

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2010, 03:31:48 AM »
You all don't even want to know!
"I been through too much not to worship Him"

Fish and grits every morning and evening!

Offline Black Panther40

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2010, 05:02:49 PM »
You all don't even want to know!

We on the same page . . .HAHA.

. . . I want get the Lee Haney wannabees.

Good throwback
Don't you think that's some information I'd like to know?  I like Tacos . . .

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2010, 06:55:37 PM »
A women is as old as she looks-- a man is never old until he stops looking.

Red Foxx

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2010, 09:30:58 AM »
It's not as much a fear as it is an irritation.

As you get older, you are constantly reminded that you can't do the things athletically that you did when you were a late teen, and through your 20's/early 30's (as far as jumping high, overall speed and agility).

However, I am constantly reminded by guys older than me that you need to keep working out no matter how old you are. I shoot ball once a week with a group of guys between the ages of 35 and 54 (we get a couple of 20 somethings every once in a while) ..After our games last nite, the 54 year old guy and I were talking, and he was like "I feel old when I stop playing, but I feel MUCH older when I don't get out here and play." He still plays indoor soccer once a week too and I think plays basketball with another group of dudes later in the week. I was like "I wanna be like you when I grow up!!"

But he was right. I worked out/played ball all my adult life up to age 36, then I got lazy and stopped for 3 years, that was the worst thing I ever did. However, once I got back into working out, jogging, playing basketball/tennis/softball consistently at 39 1/2, I felt like I was 29 again.... I am 43 now, and I feel lil 'aches and pains here and there (my chronic lower back and my left ankle mostly), but I definitely feel younger now that I am getting in good cardio 4-5 times a week..I feel even better when I lift weights.

Shoot, my father-in-law is 65 and plays in 2 softball leagues, and can still rip the ball and run pretty danged fast...I DEFINITELY want to be like him when I grow up. :nod: My BP could use a tad bit of work, I could stand to eat a lil less (I LOVE food, that's why I gotta stay active), and I could stand to lose 5-10 lbs., but my doc told me last year with everything else (cholesterol etc.) "whatever it is you are doing, keep doing it."
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 09:38:58 AM by FunCkMaster »
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPS
2017,2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2018,2016, 2015,2009,2002 CIAA Northern Football Champions

Offline Jaggrad

• Assistant GM
  • We Them Boyz
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2010, 10:46:57 AM »
Losing my Hair... although its already Happening... :'(

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2010, 10:56:31 AM »

I got over that fear in a hurry, 10 yrs. ago. If that is the worst of your fears, you are okay!  :nod:

A razor and some good shaving cream will take care of all of your worries. Trust me, I know. :lol:
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPS
2017,2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2018,2016, 2015,2009,2002 CIAA Northern Football Champions

Offline Jaggrad

• Assistant GM
  • We Them Boyz
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2010, 12:13:12 PM »

I got over that fear in a hurry, 10 yrs. ago. If that is the worst of your fears, you are okay!  :nod:

A razor and some good shaving cream will take care of all of your worries. Trust me, I know. :lol:

Mane not when u have a Watermelon Size Head like I Do...  :( :lol:

Nah Ill be good mane.... Just an adjustment...

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News