News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: And you really want to elect Sarah Palin President? North Korea an "Ally"  (Read 2040 times)

Offline NovaSkegee

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
Sarah Palin "Our North Korean Allies ....."

November 25, 2010

Sarah Palin Mistakenly Calls North Korea an "Ally"

A simple north-south slip of the tongue or not, Sarah Palin's latest gaffe couldn't have come at a worse time for the Tea Party icon, geo-politically speaking.

In a live radio interview Wednesday with equally popular conservative host Glenn Beck, Palin twice referred to North Korea as America's ally and urged President Obama to firmly demonstrate the alliance.

The first reference was the less glaring mistake.

"We're not having a lot of faith that the White House is going to come out with a strong enough policy to sanction what it is that North Korea is going to do," Palin told Beck.

It's unclear whether she referenced the correct Korea and simply misused the term "sanction" -- which, as stated, means to approve or validate, or if she meant to say South Korea, the U.S. ally, in reference to any actions that nation may take in retaliation to past or future attacks from the North.

One might even have missed that gaffe, had she not said just seconds later: "Obviously, we gotta stand with our North Korean allies."

Upon hearing that, Beck immediately butted-in to correct the possible 2012 Republican presidential candidate, quickly interjecting, "South Korea."

Palin replied with an almost reflexive, "yeah," but corrected herself in the next remark: "And we're also bound by prudence to stand with our South Korean allies, yes."

Content on the website for Glenn Beck's radio show is members-only, but the audio has been posted on Youtube.

Palin's remarks come as the Obama administration, and it's ally (South Korea), mull prepare to conduct long-planned naval exercises off the Korean Peninsula. The move is sure to stoke further anger in North Korea, which earlier this week attacked a tiny South Korean island with a barrage of artillery fire, leaving four people dead and more than a dozen wounded.

Palin shot back Thursday with a note on Facebook, which began by calling out gaffes President Obama has made.

"If the media had bothered to actually listen to all of my remarks on Glenn Beck's radio show, they would have noticed that I refer to South Korea as our ally throughout, that I corrected myself seconds after my slip-of-the-tongue, and that I made it abundantly clear that pressure should be put on China to restrict energy exports to the North Korean regime," Palin wrote in defense of her slip.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20023899-503544.html
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 10:23:38 PM by NovaSkegee »

Offline Professor

• Assistant GM
  • Our time is coming..................
    • View Profile
Re: And you really want to elect Sarah Palin President? North Korea an "Ally"
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 05:19:33 AM »
Got to love ol Sarah

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 07:30:03 AM »
no big deal.  i remember people getting east and west germany confused.  we have people that don't know the difference between north and south carolina and north and south dakota.  people that live in the carolinas get the beauforts confused.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 09:35:00 AM »
no big deal. 

Neither was this, but you seemed to think so....

Great Orators of the Democratic  Party

'One man with courage makes a  majority.'
Andrew  Jackson

'The  only thing we have to fear is fear itself.'
Franklin   D.  Roosevelt

'The buck stops  here.'
Harry  S. Truman

'Ask not what your  country can do for you; ask what you can do for your  country.'
John F. Kennedy   (By the way, this is an exact quote from a speech given by   Army  Gen'l. Omar Bradley   in 1953, just a few years prior  to JFK using it in his   inaugural  speech . JFK  or his speech writers recognized a great quote,  but none credited Bradley for one of the greatest patriotic  quotes of all time - plagiarism, anyone?)

And for today's  Democrats ...

'It depends what your definition of 'IS' is?''
Bill  Clinton

'That Obama - I  would like to cut his NUTS off.'
Jesse  Jackson

'Those rumors are  false .... I believe in the sanctity of  marriage.'
John  Edwards

'I invented the  Internet'
Al  Gore

'The next Person that tells me I'm not religious, I'm going to shove my rosary beads up their a** .'
Joe  Biden

'America  is--is no longer, uh, what it--it, uh, could be, uh what it was once  was...uh, and I say to myself, 'uh, I don't want that future, uh, uh for my children.' ''
Barack  Obama

'I have campaigned  in all 57 states.'
Barack  Obama

'You don't need God anymore, you have us democrats.'
Nancy  Pelosi   (said back in 2006)

'Paying taxes is voluntary.'
Sen. Harry  Reid

'Bill is the greatest husband and father I know. No one is more faithful, true, and honest than he.'
Hillary  Clinton   (said  back in 1998)

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 11:47:48 AM »
no big deal.  i remember people getting east and west germany confused.  we have people that don't know the difference between north and south carolina and north and south dakota.  people that live in the carolinas get the beauforts confused.
......if THIS^^^^^ is the best you can offer as "spin" to explain this woman's latest ignorant outburst, then your humble poster suggests that you do much more to hone your skills.

If, as we are told, this "person" might be a candidate for the GOP nomination in 2012, folks like you, y, and others, are going to have your freaking hands full trying to defend this stupidity.

What is REALLY troubling about the woman's LATEST gaffe is that she demonstrated her incompetence COMPLETELY two years ago right after being offered up as McCain's running mate.  I mean, seriously, when the "person" told ABC news her foreign policy experience was extensive because she could see Russia from her "living room window," I dismissed her then as a joke.

Query:  On what basis do "y" and other Palin defenders on this board think this "person" is REMOTELY qualified to be Head Usher in the White House, let alone sit in the Oval Office?

God help us.  :(

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 12:33:28 PM »
I heard she was going to do a diplomatic mission to North Korea, but she cancelled saying,"Southwest Airlines would not give her Rapid Rewards points" for her trip.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 12:55:01 PM »
I heard she was going to do a diplomatic mission to North Korea, but she cancelled saying,"Southwest Airlines would not give her Rapid Rewards points" for her trip.

:lmao: :lmao:

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 03:21:38 PM »
Ahhh, the genius that is Sarah Palin....anyone else noticed how the other conservatives abandoned Y on his remote island this time.....

Maybe this is further illustration of her vast knowledge and international diplomacy savvy.  North Korea is our ally....that's right, she's prolly given them the okay to fly over Alaska before....whilst waving at Russians from her living room window.....

Presidential my arse.....maybe North Korea can supply Palin and Alaska with some of them "nucla" missles Bushwick was so fascinated with.....man, that 1/1,000,000,000 of a trick pony is dumber than a box of Alaskan Crab Shells that washed up on the beach....

and i wonder how many times the rambling muses @ Fox will show and replay her gaffe?

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 03:47:25 PM »
strike, according to the u.s. constitution she is qualified to be president. 

it is amazing that the majority of democrats and liberals on this board did not think barack hussein obama was qualified to be president when he announced in 2007.  you people were saying it was hillary's time.  he should wait till 2016.  he hadn't paid his dues.  he needs more experience.  you people are nothing but bandwagon obama lovers.

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2010, 04:52:18 PM »
That was the "so called" blacks leaders talking that chit.  I did not know who BHO was when he first ran for President.  After seeing more of him then I became more impressed.  But hardly no 'average" black american knew who BHO before he ran for President.  Hillary Clinton was the better known product.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2010, 05:52:47 PM »
That was the "so called" blacks leaders talking that chit.  I did not know who BHO was when he first ran for President.  After seeing more of him then I became more impressed.  But hardly no 'average" black american knew who BHO before he ran for President.  Hillary Clinton was the better known product.

wrong again ken.  the only one that was an obama supporter on this board from day one was cholly.  before obama announced he would run cholly stated he would support him for president.  the posters on this board were lockstep with the so called black leaders.  you included.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2010, 06:59:39 PM »
strike, according to the u.s. constitution she is qualified to be president. 

it is amazing that the majority of democrats and liberals on this board did not think barack hussein obama was qualified to be president when he announced in 2007.  you people were saying it was hillary's time.  he should wait till 2016.  he hadn't paid his dues.  he needs more experience.  you people are nothing but bandwagon obama lovers.
......sir, the question is not whether she is constitutionally "qualified" to be president, but whether she is FIT to serve in that office.  And poll after poll after poll on THAT question all reach the same conclusion: Hell to the naw!

I mean, seriously, the more this stupid a-- woman opens her mouth, the scarier she is.  And I say that because I'm under NO illusion that, given the current climate in this country, this woman "can't" be elected.  She sure as hell CAN be, and that's why even folks like Babs Bush are telling this gal to stay her stupid a-- in Alaska.  But of course she doesn't want to BE in Alaska because she bailed out on the good folks there in the middle of her gubernatorial term.  And this BIA! wants to be taken seriously????  >:(

My God.   :(

As for supporting Mr. Obama in the early stages, I was aware of the brutha ever since he ran for senate from Illinois in 2006.  And have been a supporter of him ever since.  So your comments about that, consistent with all the other bullsiht you state on this board, is without merit.

End of discussion.

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 07:10:49 PM »
well y if i was lockstep---prove it.

Offline GALFAMU

• Assistant GM
  • POODAH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2010, 04:53:30 PM »
There is nothing cute or entertaining about getting North or South Korea mixed up.

That dumb heffa wants to be in higher opfficer-then she needs to well-versed in geography, geo-polictical matters, international relations and the intracies that go with all of it.

But instead of trying to learn anything remotely helpful... that silly cow is running around fluffing up her big, cheap-looking hair and tottering around in heels and short skirts, making STUPID comments.

I am not competing with anyone but myself.
I simply want to be a better person today than I was yesterday.

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 04:58:06 PM »
Well Bill Maher said she writes "tax cuts" on her palm to remember her speeches and writes "the other hole" on her behind to remind her husband.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News