News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: GOP takeover of the South now complete  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile

Offline Ramese98

• Assistant GM
  • THE NEW ASU
    • View Profile
Re: GOP takeover of the South now complete
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 10:35:31 AM »
this will not stick for long, just as soon as we get a white male President then some of the hate and fear will cease. LOL...they cannot and will not accept that the President is a black man, simple as that.
It is What It is.....It will BE what it WILL be....

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 11:38:47 AM »
this will not stick for long, just as soon as we get a white male President then some of the hate and fear will cease. LOL...they cannot and will not accept that the President is a black man, simple as that.
.....yep, concur with this comment^^^.

The GOP takeover of the South is race-based, PURE AND SIMPLE.  The tea party/GOP negro sycophants on this board can rant and rave all they want otherwise, but if the CURRENT president looked like all of the PREVIOUS presidents, we would not have this regional party domination such as is occurring now.

But I suspect the tide will turn even before Mr. Obama's tenure in the White House ends.  When the yahoos and good ole boys begin to understand what the Republican Party TRULY stands for, they will begin to rise up.  They will eventually learn that their glee premised on the notion that the GOP will screw the niccas, hispanics, gays and others, will turn to horror when they realize that they, TOO, are getting screwed.

End of discussion.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 12:56:05 PM »
.....yep, concur with this comment^^^.

The GOP takeover of the South is race-based, PURE AND SIMPLE.  The tea party/GOP negro sycophants on this board can rant and rave all they want otherwise, but if the CURRENT president looked like all of the PREVIOUS presidents, we would not have this regional party domination such as is occurring now.

But I suspect the tide will turn even before Mr. Obama's tenure in the White House ends.  When the yahoos and good ole boys begin to understand what the Republican Party TRULY stands for, they will begin to rise up.  They will eventually learn that their glee premised on the notion that the GOP will screw the niccas, hispanics, gays and others, will turn to horror when they realize that they, TOO, are getting screwed.

End of discussion.

:nod:

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 01:11:04 PM »
Well most of the young , educated whites and minorites areon the eastern seaboard and west coast. They tend the vote democratic. The south and some parts of the rust belt of the midwest vote GOP.  The problem for the GOP is their voters are white and very old.  Which means they won't be around the vote in the next 10-20 years.  So the GOP may not even exist in 20 years.

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 03:04:07 PM »
I didn't read anything in that article where Obama was running in any of those state races....did you? Heck....even  WHITE democrats lost their re-election bids.....so if this switch in the south was based on RACE , pure and simple....how did that happen? The liberals on this board will NEVER admit that it's the policies of Obama's that are making him unpopular and not the color of his skin. When all else fails....ahhhh....the ever handy race card. You guys are laughable. GO VIKINGS!!!

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 04:57:08 PM »
No one every said it was based on RACE.  But the truth is most of the OLDER whites in America, especially MALES are not BHO supporters.  And if you are OLDER that means you have a shorter life span and if you are YOUNGER that means you will probably have a longer life span. So looking at the demographics of the voting population, if the GOP don't do something to attract YOUNG , educated whites and minoritiy voters it will be doomed in 20 years---unless those OLDER voters can vote "Chicago" style---from the grave.

Online Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 06:15:50 PM »
No one every said it was based on RACE......

I'm sorry to disagree with you Ken but it looks like Strike 79 did say it was based on race:

The GOP takeover of the South is race-based, PURE AND SIMPLE.

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2010, 07:06:10 PM »
No one every said it was based on RACE......

I'm sorry to disagree with you Ken but it looks like Strike 79 did say it was based on race:

The GOP takeover of the South is race-based, PURE AND SIMPLE.
I did indeed, sir, but would respectfully suggest that my comments were consistent with those offered up by Ken.

Ken's premise that the GOP southern base is mostly male, white, and older. It is THAT demographic which historically has voted, when given an opportunity, based on race.  Ken's view that this demographic will become less influential in the future is also on point.

What we are witnessing now in this country is simply the interrugnum.  Within 25 years or less, the GOP as we NOW know it, will go the way of the former Whig Party.

End of discussion.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2010, 01:06:21 AM »
urch,

Did you read the article?

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 07:54:57 AM »
I didn't read anything in that article where Obama was running in any of those state races....did you? Heck....even  WHITE democrats lost their re-election bids.....so if this switch in the south was based on RACE , pure and simple....how did that happen? The liberals on this board will NEVER admit that it's the policies of Obama's that are making him unpopular and not the color of his skin. When all else fails....ahhhh....the ever handy race card. You guys are laughable. GO VIKINGS!!!

urch,

::)

Obviously not...

Now, 26 of the 39 Democrats left in the Alabama House are African-Americans, a reflection of how the two parties are increasingly stratified along racial lines in the South.

“We’re moving to a more segregated system,” lamented Stewart.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/45627.html#ixzz16rdH3rMU

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 03:06:50 PM »
urch,

Yes , I read the article. I was commenting on Strike's comment basically stating it was because we have a black president. GO VIKINGS!!!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 06:49:14 PM by uchighlander »

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 06:23:59 PM »

SPEAK THE TRUTH.  EVEYONE HAS KNOWN THIS FOR MONTHS, NOW.
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2010, 06:50:52 PM »

It's only true in liberal circles and talking points.....everyone else understands it's his policies. GO VIKINGS!!!

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2010, 04:05:17 PM »

It's only true in liberal circles and talking points.....everyone else understands it's his policies. GO VIKINGS!!!

YOU ARE REALLY SO VERY NAIVE.
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in.

=OW=

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News