News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Somali born teenager arrested in plot to blow up Xmas ceremony in Oregon  (Read 4062 times)

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Somali born teenager arrested in plot to blow up Xmas ceremony in Oregon
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 07:44:36 PM »

Man...this is kinda BS.

This scenario wouldnt have even been set up if he was white and named "Timothy" no matter what he way saying on the net.

::) Well, I doubt that he has a viable "selective prosecution"  defense.

BTW, you ever watch "To Catch A Predator?"  Plenty of scenarios are set up to catch White Folks.  :shrug:

even those named timothy.  they only give white guys with the name moon unit a pass on entrapment.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 07:59:19 PM »

Man...this is kinda BS.

This scenario wouldnt have even been set up if he was white and named "Timothy" no matter what he way saying on the net.

BTW, you ever watch "To Catch A Predator?"  Plenty of scenarios are set up to catch White Folks.  :shrug:

To catch a predator was cancelled for the very reason it was entrapment.

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://N/A
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 08:11:35 PM »

Man...this is kinda BS.

Sir, I don't know why To Catch Predator was cancelled. [ I do remember some story about a prosecutor caught in the sting committing suicide] However, I do know that law enforcement officers  use similar type scenarios  to catch White child predators, and the convictions are upheld. In any event, your point still fails.

You suggested that these type of "set up"  scenarios aren't used to against White people. That simply isn't true.

You also suggested that this was entrapment simply because the police created the scenario. That is not the law.

If the case goes to trial, I wouldn't be surprised if the defense lawyers argued entrapment. However, this does not appear to be a case of entrapment as a matter of law -- in other words, the judge isn't likely to dismiss this case. It's going to go to a jury  -- if it goes to trial at all.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 09:51:11 PM by Wildman78 »

Offline westcoastaggie

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 08:16:46 PM »
NEVER argue a Lawyer when you aren't one. I had to learn this the hard way...  :brickwall:

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2010, 08:25:40 PM »
neymar, i told you wildman would explain entrapment to you.  this somali was not entrapped.  the 82 year old man that got the 80 year sentence, who happened to be white, was not entrapped.  wildman broke it down real good. 

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2010, 08:31:07 PM »
neymar, i told you wildman would explain entrapment to you.  this somali was not entrapped.  the 82 year old man that got the 80 year sentence, who happened to be white, was not entrapped.  wildman broke it down real good.  

This White guy wasn't entrapped (at least not as a matter of law) either:

NEWS
Ex-weatherman imprisoned for soliciting boy released
By Sofia Santana STAFF WRITER, By Sofia Santana STAFF WRITER, December 12, 2008
A former South Florida TV weatherman whose high-visibility career was ruined by an Internet sex sting four years ago has been released from federal prison, government records show. Bill Kamal, 51, was recently moved from a facility in Massachusetts to a halfway house program in Philadelphia, according to the U.S. Bureau of Prisons Web site. It was unclear if that's where Kamal, a former Fort Lauderdale resident, will remain until the scheduled end of his sentence in March. Kamal, a very familiar face to South Florida television viewers, was chief meteorologist at WSVN-Ch.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/keyword/bill-kamal

As to the case at hand,  its going to be hard to convince a jury that the government talked a person into blowing up thousands of people.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 08:33:33 PM by Wildman78 »

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2010, 08:36:41 PM »

Man...this is kinda BS.

Sir, I don't know why To Catch Predator was cancelled. [ I do remember some story about a prosecutor caught in the sting committing suicide] However, I do know that law enforcment officers  use similar type scenarios  to catch White child predators, and the convictions are upheld. In any event, your point still fails.

You suggested that these type of "set up"  scenarios aren't used to against White people. That simply isn't true.

You also suggested that this was entrapment simply because the police created the scenario. That is not the law.

If the case goes to trial, I wouldn't be surprised if the defense lawyers argued entrapment. However, this does not appear to be a case of entrapment as a matter of law -- in other words, the judge isn't likely to dismiss this case. It's going to go to a jury  -- if it goes to trial at all.

I said if Brother Mohamud was a white christian teenager named Timothy they wouldnt have used this scenario on him, and I believe it.

Everybody believes child touchers are bad, but only the white mainstream of America believe Islam is bad, which was why they targeted Brother Mohamud in the first place.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2010, 09:11:16 PM »
ARE YOU AN AMERICAN CITIZEN?

Somali are cool people.

Loyal as all get out, and strong with their love for god.

My best friend back in school was from Mogadishu. We use to skip school and chew khat. :lol:

I use to wear her headscarf too on days it was hot and she didnt want to.
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

Offline Wildman78

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2010, 09:41:59 PM »
[I said if Brother Mohamud was a white christian teenager named Timothy they wouldnt have used this scenario on him, and I believe it.

Everybody believes child touchers are bad, but only the white mainstream of America believe Islam is bad, which was why they targeted Brother Mohamud in the first place.

You also said it was entrapment just because the government set up a false scenario for him. That is not the law.

Just cause you believe someting doesn't necessarily make it true (or legally relevant for that matter) . I don't think the government would have any qualms about settting up sting scenarios to catch White Christian domestic terrorists.  

I don't know if I would  make a blanket statement that White manistream believes that Islam is bad.  Both former President Bush and President Obama have stated publicy on more than one occasion that we are not at war with the religion Islam -- only the radical extremists who wish to kill Amiericans. In any event its quite a stetch, in my opinion, to assert, that the government targeted this guy soley because he practices Islam.  The criminal complaint paints a different picture:

http://media.oregonlive.com/portland_impact/other/USAFFIDAVIT.pdf

It seems to me he was targeted because he was looking to do some damage, not because he was Islamic.

Your argument is that the government would not use a sting to catch a  White Christian who had expressed a willingness to blow up thousands of innocent people in the name of White supremacy or some  other anti-government cause. That doesn't pass the  straight face test with me.

You can spin this anyway you wish but as I said before, its going to be hard to convince a jury that the government talked that young Somalian man into blowing up thousands of people.  ::)  

But you are entitled to your (unsubstantiated) opinion.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 07:43:23 PM by Wildman78 »

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2010, 10:11:38 PM »
The best way to put this is if he did not intend to blow something up in the first place, he could not have gotten in trouble. Look at this way, I can give you a bomb, but if you do not have to use it, there is no crime. The gov't gave him the bomb, but this fool took it to the site and then he pulled the trigger. I bet you one million dollars that they had some hidden cameras and the pulling of the trigger shows his true intent.  The facts that he tried to carry out the act is the big thing.
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline G-Man Fan

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2010, 10:12:02 PM »
I smell false flag.
Black and Gold Fan
God Bless You!

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2010, 04:14:20 AM »
[I said if Brother Mohamud was a white christian teenager named Timothy they wouldnt have used this scenario on him, and I believe it.

You also said it was entrapment just because the governmet set up a false scenario for him. That is not the law.

Just cause you believe someting doesn't necessarily make it true (or legally relevant for that matter) . I don't think the government would have any qualms about settting up sting scenarios to catch White Christian domestic terrorists.  

I don't know if I would  make a blanket statement that White manistream believes that Islam is bad.  Both former President Bush and President Obama have stated publicy on more than one occasion that we are not at war with the religion Islam -- only the radical extremists who wish to kill Amiericans. In any event its quite a stetch, in my opinion, to assert, that the government targeted this guy soley because he practices Islam.  The criminal complaint paints a different picture:

It seems to me he was targeted because he was looking to do some damage, not because he was Islamic.

Your argument is that the government would not use a sting to catch a  White Christian who had expressed a willingness to blow up thousands of innocent people in the name of White supremacy or some  other anti-government cause. That doesn't pass the  straight face test with me.

You can spin this anyway you wish but as I said before, its going to be hard to convince a jury that the government talked that young Somalian man into blowing up thousands of people.  ::)  

he's never heard of ruby ridge.  note - now neymar will go to wikipedia, look it up, and be an expert.

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2010, 05:22:22 AM »
I'm sorry can't feel sory for this fool. He wanted to murder dozens , if not hundreds of civilians.

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2010, 07:17:16 AM »
all neymar has to do is drop leaflets with this guy's picture on it in the hills of kentucky.  on the leaflet explain that neymar thinks this guy was entrapped because he is muslim.  the leaflet will explain that in 30 minutes he will be released and when he is spotted to do the right thing.  the leaflet will also say that because he is muslim their hogs and stills will be safe.

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2010, 10:26:16 AM »

You also said it was entrapment just because the governmet set up a false scenario for him. That is not the law.

he's never heard of ruby ridge.  note - now neymar will go to wikipedia, look it up, and be an expert.

Not interested

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News