News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: 2010 Weekly Football Picks Guidelines  (Read 2639 times)

Offline Jaimac

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
2010 Weekly Football Picks Guidelines
« on: August 15, 2010, 09:42:39 PM »
The 2010 SIAC Football Weekly Picks will begin on Friday, 8/20.   :nod:

This year's rules are similar to those in previous seasons.  This season, the tie breakers have been established up front.

*  The 2010 SIAC football season consists of 61 games.  This includes the Turkey Day Classic and the Pioneer Bowl.  As with previous years, the season concludes with the last game - Pioneer Bowl or last D2 playoff game.  The results are cumulative throughout the season.

*  Smack talking and defense of your selection of the weekly game winners is fine.   However, the picks must be clearly indicated.  If a poster's selection can not be easily determined, the game will count as a loss.

*  Picks must be posted by thread closing.  There will be a full week in which a poster can post weekly game picks.  That is ample time.  Threads will close at midnight Saturday on the day of the game.  In the event of a Thursday game, the thread will close at 6:00 PM EDT.

* If a poster's picks twice in a week  :shrug:, the first post will over ride the second.  

*  The 2010 SIAC Picks Champ will be the poster with the highest winning percentage for the season.  

In the event of a tie breaker, the winner will be determined by the most weeks that a poster was perfect at 100% in the weekly picks.  For example, posters A and B are tied at 92% at the conclusion of the final game.  Poster A was 100% in weekly picks 7 times during the season whereas Poster B was at 100% 6 times.  Poster A will be crowned 2010 Champ.

If there still is a tie after the above situation, the winner will be determined by the number of points scored by the posters' weekly selections throughout the season.  For example, Poster A's weekly game picks had an accumulative total season score of 447 points and Poster B's picks had a total season score was 450.  Poster B will be the 2010 season Champ.

I am not immune to errors when inputting data into Excel.  If you think there is an error, please contact me.  Others have done so in previous seasons and adjustments were made if needed.

Good luck and may the best 'Cat, Billy Goat, dusty AL Bear, or TN Limping Lizard win.   ;) ;D :)

« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:21:42 AM by Jaimac »
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.~

Offline G-Ram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Weekly Football Picks Guidelines
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 06:25:54 PM »
You forgot the mules? Hey Jai, tell folks what happens if they forget not to vote at all for a particular week( like I did last year) My percentage suffered greatly..no recovery at all.

Offline Pmist

• Assistant GM
  • Class of 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 10:59:36 PM »
You forgot the mules? Hey Jai, tell folks what happens if they forget not to vote at all for a particular week( like I did last year) My percentage suffered greatly..no recovery at all.

She already did... :lol:  The results are cumulative throughout the season      Meaning if you miss a pick, you get a loss recorded. Just like in school if you do not turn your work in or you get caught cheating on a test.  AUTOMATIC ZERO!   :lol:

FVSU BMMB

Offline G-Ram

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 11:42:36 PM »
I found out the hard way...I tried to make my picks but it was too late. Got a BIG FAT ZERO...lol...never recovered from that lost. If you miss one week picks you will fall behind and almost have no chance of recovering.

Offline Jaimac

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 08:24:47 AM »

Yes, not posting for one week can be devastating.  During the 2007 season, I was leading in the picks stats and forgot to post during the week of the FCC.   :shrug: :'(

That is the way it is.....
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.

Offline MilesBear1

• Assistant GM
  • Mr. S.I.A.C./Mr. S.W.A.C.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MilesGoldenBears.com
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 12:25:16 PM »
Dusty Alabama Bear? :o This Bear(Me) is a clean Ralph Lauren Polo Bear. :nod: :lol:
"The Bears Den" and "The ASU Hornets Hive",WSSU
"CME Bowl Champions for Life"
Steel City Classic Champions:01,02,03,05,06
2004 Alabama State University SWAC Champs
2007 Football Attendance Champs
2011,2013,2015,2018,19 SIAC West Div.FB Champs
2011,2015-19 SIAC FB Champs
2011 Pioneer Bowl

Offline Jaimac

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 01:36:42 PM »
Dusty Alabama Bear? :o This Bear(Me) is a clean Ralph Lauren Polo Bear. :nod: :lol:

Hmmm....A hit bear will holler.

Offline MisterIkester

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 09:16:16 PM »

"I love America more than any other country in this world, and, exactly for this reason, I insist on the right to criticize her perpetually." -James Baldwin

Offline Pmist

• Assistant GM
  • Class of 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 11:49:32 PM »
Ok MB1, How about this? Is this more to your liking?

FVSU BMMB

Offline lew9ball

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • http://TU
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 02:19:24 PM »
This is my first time participating......looking forward to the season. :)
"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else"
                       Booker T. Washington

Offline Wildcat1025

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2010, 02:38:53 PM »

:lmao:
Fort Valley State University
www.fvsu.edu
www.fvsusports.com

Offline Pmist

• Assistant GM
  • Class of 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2010, 04:04:06 PM »
^^^

That poor bear looks like he has been in a fight with a cat..... :lol:

FVSU BMMB

Offline Brother Tony

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2010, 03:02:54 PM »
I'M GONNA WIN THIS THANG THIS YEAR!
 :clap: :nod: :bow:
I'M FIRED UP...WITH A NEW PICKING SYSTEM....AGAIN!  ::) :lol:
TUSKEGEE.....THE GIFT THAT KEEPS ON GIVING!

"BRINGING THE WORLD TO TUSKEGEE AND TUSKEGEE TO THE WORLD"

Offline Jaimac

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2010, 07:59:47 AM »
If you are still underneath the palm trees sipping mango wine, how will this impact the results?  Appears to be the same old thing.  Are you expecting divine intervention?   :shrug:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News