News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: FSU TO HOST CUMBERLAND COUNTY JAMBOREE  (Read 1994 times)

Offline 04Heel07Eagle

• Head Coach
    • View Profile
FSU TO HOST CUMBERLAND COUNTY JAMBOREE
« on: July 19, 2010, 07:51:52 AM »
http://fayobserver.com/articles/2010/07/17/1014422?sac=Sports

fter being held at Pine Forest High School since it was created, the Cumberland County Schools Football Jamboree is moving to a new location next month.

Fayetteville State will be the site of this year's jamboree, which is scheduled for Thursday, Aug. 12.

The event's main sponsors will be Clark's Sporting Goods and The Trophy House.

There have been some changes in the format, the biggest one involving the time for each scrimmage. It has been expanded to an hour. To allow sufficient time for all of the scrimmages, the time schedule has been advanced from previous years.

Tickets to the jamboree are $5. Gates will open at 3 p.m. As with most major athletic events involving Cumberland County Schools, metal detectors will be used at the stadium.

Offline CEME2

• Assistant GM
  • Smoke'em, if you got one. Don't ask me for none.
    • View Profile
Re: FSU TO HOST CUMBERLAND COUNTY JAMBOREE
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 09:32:17 AM »
It's about time FSU Administration and Athletic Department open of the doors to Nick Jeralds Stadium. :clap:  Now they need to open Capel Arena for the annual high school Christmas Basketball tournament. I know Coach Kee would love that at the house that Jeff Capel Sr built for his son.  :hugs:  For some reason or another the Jimmy Raye Football Luncheon and Youth Football Camp should be hosted at the dynamic facilities at FSU. :)  All three of these activities would be an amazing feat for recruitment of area athletes, family members, potential new students.  :read: The exposure of the NFL Hall of Famers and the active NFL Players who attend this annual event  to FSU facilities could bring some more quality athletes our way.  :clap:  Why do you think that Methodist University and UNC-P are getting donations for their programs and you're still begging. :crazy:  Attitude Check, Bronco Pride, let's keep the ball rolling for better community relationships for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.  :clap: Can we stand another J-Cole Video performance publicity stunt again?   :nono2:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 03:46:59 PM by HBCU »

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 10:48:19 AM »
why was this moved here and the nccu pro-am thread was not.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline CEME2

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 03:54:50 PM »
Those NCCU Eagles dominate this sports forum constantly.  Onnidan Web Master, put this back on the Sports Forum.

Offline Onnidan Webmaster

• Administrator
  • Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Onnidan's HBCU Sports
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 04:59:39 PM »
Those NCCU Eagles dominate this sports forum constantly.  Onnidan Web Master, put this back on the Sports Forum.
It's staying where it is. :nod:

The other thread didn't announce ticket prices and therefore didn't get classified as an announcement/free advertising.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 05:10:42 PM by Onnidan Webmaster »
=OW=

Offline CEME2

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 09:09:33 PM »
Okay webmaster, my bag. ::)

Offline Snapper

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • ECSU
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 10:33:04 AM »
Good for FSU!! You need to show off what you have!!
BLUE & WHITE TIL I DIE
PHI BETA SIGMA 4 LIFE
ECSU VIKING 4 LIFE
ECSU "SOC" MARCHING VIKING 4 LIFE

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2010, 01:46:23 PM »
thanks ow.  leave it to a bird to mess things up.

note, the nccu thread about the pro-am did state ticket prices.  the price was free.   :nod:

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 02:23:24 AM »
It's about time FSU Administration and Athletic Department open of the doors to Nick Jeralds Stadium. :clap:  Now they need to open Capel Arena for the annual high school Christmas Basketball tournament.

The holiday tournament used to be held at Capel Arena when I was at E.E. Smith.  I'll never forget my senior year when we played 71st in the championship game in Capel Arena.  The Golden Bull students, alumni, and community were DEEP up in there and we had a great time that night.  :clap:

Good for FSU!

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 10:27:24 AM »
was that the year my falcons were robbed in the championship game.  if we had a coach back then we might have won a few state championships.

Offline RoadJack

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 05:49:37 PM »
I commend Fayetteville State's athletic department for pulling off the 2010 High School football jamboree for the university.http://www.fayobserver.com/sports  Just the exposure and contacts may provide a opportunity for some players to end up at FSU.........Not only that, the community exposure is good for any of our colleges and universities.  They are expecting between 3000+ to attend this jamboree, and I think it involved 8 high schools in the city and county surrounding Fayetteville.  Fayetteville area is football rich in North Carolina.

It is my understanding that the Holiday Basketball Tourament conflicted with the basketball schedule at the university.  Fayetteville should try to make that tourament happen on campus every year and the Jimmy Raye summer affair.

There is still so much FSU can do in the community to build support and I (and FSUHALL) have suggested some to the AD.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News