News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Maine Gov. Paul LePage Tells NAACP "Kiss My Butt"  (Read 3304 times)

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Maine Gov. Paul LePage Tells NAACP "Kiss My Butt"
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2011, 02:29:50 PM »
que, he didn't call the naacp names.  he told them to kiss his butt.  all because the naacp got their panties in a wad because the governor of the state refused to speak to only black prisoners on a mlk program.  the governor was right to say he would speak to all the prisoners.  the naacp was wrong to bring race into a mlk function.  the governor was right in telling them to kiss his butt.

it is obvious you people have no suggestions for what he should have said.  just like the naacp all you people do is complain.

^^^^^^^
"A person who knows not
And believes that they know
Is dangerous - avoid them"

Thanks Iceman, I believe this quotes fits right about here.
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline 81alphaeagle

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2011, 03:01:44 PM »
He certainly has the right to decline invitations.  However, using such course language in response to media inquiry is unbecoming of a governor.
.......could not agree more.  And in addition to what you stated, what message is this governor sending to his black son that he adopted from Jamaica?

To publicly insult the one civil rights organization that has been steadfast in pursuing the goal for first class citizenship for Americans of African descent does not send a positive message to the son.

wrong again.  he told the naacp that he would speak to all the prisoners.  not just the black ones.  the naacp rejected that.  to speak to only the black prisoners at an mlk event is wrong.  the governor did the right thing.  if the naacp had asked him to speak to black prisoners on another day things might have been different.  to speak to a group at an mlk event based on the color of their skin is outright wrong.

this man will tell his son that martin luther king, jr. wanted people judged not by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.  he will tell his son that the naacp in maine has no idea what dream of martin luther king, jr. is about.

What are you babbling about????  "Kiss my butt" isn't appropriate for a Governor to say to the citizens of his state or any other regardless of the disagreement.  You will try to justify anything.  :no:  Maybe you need to let Mrs. Y proofread that stuff before you click on POST.  :no:

Or maybe Ms Y. should respond to you with "kiss my butt".  

81alphaeagle, you are out of line.

que, this politically correct crap has got to stop.  somebody needs to tell it like it is.  should the governor have said to kiss his white butt.  the naacp is 100 percent wrong in this case.  
Why was my statement out of line?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 09:20:53 PM by 81alphaeagle »

Offline Neymar

• Assistant GM
  • Forum Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2011, 05:34:26 PM »
At the laughable rate African Americans adopt children I have to shake my head at the people who can say this man is a racist(or even wrong in his assessment of the NAACP).

The fact of the matter is black children are hardly adopted in this nation while there are 90 waiting couples for every 1 white american baby. Use this as a catalyst for change. I plan on adopting either an east african or subcontinent of India baby

Please don't, one Jared Loughner is enough.  :shrug:

Unlike Black American women if I had to leave im sure my aira would raise a healthy kid(both mentally and physically)

To Kill a Mockingbird

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2011, 08:03:46 PM »
At the laughable rate African Americans adopt children I have to shake my head at the people who can say this man is a racist(or even wrong in his assessment of the NAACP).

The fact of the matter is black children are hardly adopted in this nation while there are 90 waiting couples for every 1 white american baby. Use this as a catalyst for change. I plan on adopting either an east african or subcontinent of India baby

Please don't, one Jared Loughner is enough.  :shrug:

Unlike Black American women if I had to leave im sure my aira ???? would raise a healthy kid(both mentally and physically)

What did you mean by that, isn't aira a type of grass?  Was it suppose to be aura or something else?
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2011, 10:21:34 PM »
 :tiptoe:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule