News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Disrepecting, name calling & insulting Titles of Threads by O-dan Posters  (Read 30707 times)

Offline uchighlander

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Disrepecting, name calling & insulting Titles of Threads by O-dan Posters
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2009, 10:13:17 AM »
This is where we will part ways. What you consider disrespect.....I don't. I won't change my mind on that.

What I find very interesting is when I ask a question .... the answer back is usually in the form of a question. Or someone tries to read some kind of evil into it. I stated on this forum before...I take things at face value. I try not to read things into statements or questions. I think that my statments and comments are pretty logical. I don't think you have to go into longwinded speeches to get a point across. A few posters seem to think the more they say....the smarter they sound. I actually respect all the posters on this board.....go back and find any names I have called anyone. How you come up with the idea that I think posters on the this board are unsophisticated is beyond me.

Sure...you answered my question in a round about way but you really didn't did you? GO VIKINGS!!!

1.  You may not go into longwinded speeches but maybe you need to .  Your short ones though succint do not always come across as clear.

2. You may be using your statement as a passive aggression way to tell me that I think the more I say the smarter I sound.  Hell I am smart, haven't you figured that out by now.  ;D That's why I don't buy into you BS. If that is what you meant at least have balls enough to say so.  Was that too long for you?

3.  Of course you think what you say is logical because that's your position.  A crazy man thinks he's sane.

4.  I  answered your question as best I knew how but since it wasn't what you wanted to hear I didn't answer it.  Go figure.  :shrug:
[/quote]On the first three.....I guess we will have to agree to disagree. On the fourth.....if that's the best you can do.....maybe you aren't as smart as you think you are....as stated in number two. GO VIKINGS!!!

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • Adinkra Symbol for "Unbreakable" "Resilient"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2009, 06:29:24 PM »
Ladies & Gentlemen:

For a few short days, we agreed and kept our word as men and women not to refer in title threads, at least, to the President by disrespectful names and to ignore threads which did so.

Despite, one particular poster jumping on board in agreement right away, that poster has now reneged and gone back on its word - AGAIN.

I find this juvenile, reprehensible and an indication of a flawed moral character.  But that is just my opinion.

However, most of the rest of us agreed to IGNORE such threads.  Please check this thread's original post re: this point.

Consequently, I encourage each poster to remember and abide by our agreement.

Comments.
 O0

Long Live Killmonger!

Offline Optimusprime

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2009, 10:04:45 AM »
I'm just reading this thread today, and I am signing on.  Any post made since the thread beginning that is out of line with the worthy effort of its authors, I apologize.

Henceforth, I am a signee and I'm in.
 :clap:

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2009, 11:12:35 AM »
EVERYONE ON ONNIDAN HAS THE RIGHT TO EXPOUSE THEIR OPINION REGARDLESS OF WHO ELSE AGREE WITH IT OR NOT.  BUT I ALSO HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXPOSE INDIVIDUALS FOR WHAT THEY ARE.  I INVITE ALL TO RE-EXAMINE THIS POST AND SEE WHO THE INDIVIDUALS ARE WHO AGREED EARLIEST TO SUPPORT IT AND THEN SEE PRECISELY HOW LONG THEY KEPT THEIR WORD.  EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO CHANGE THEIR OPINIONS ALSO.   I JUST WANT IT TO BE MADE VERY CLEAR TO ALL NEWCOMERS, WHO THE INDIVIDUALS WHO POST ON ONNIDAN ARE AND JUST HOW MUCH INTEGRITY AND HONESTLY THEY HAVE WHEN YOU CONSIDER THEIR POSTS AND WHAT MESSAGE THEY ARE REALLY ATTEMPTING TO PUT ON THIS BULLETIN BOARD.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BELOW IS AN EXAMPLE OF HOW MUCH "A--HOLE" CAN BE COUNTED ON TO KEEP HIS WORD.  ...AND IN CASE ANYONE HAS FORGOTTEN. "A--HOLE" IS A TERM THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL CHOSE TO CHARACTERIZED HIMSELF BY AND NOT A TERM THAT I SIMPLY CHOOSE TO IDENTIFY HIM WITH.  BELOW ARE HIS OWN WORDS POSTED ON OCT 7, 2009.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oldsport
Assistant GM

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2009, 04:41:35 PM »   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay Twin. I'll sign on.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 11:23:01 AM by CIAA-FAN »
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2009, 09:52:03 AM »
EVERYONE ON ONNIDAN HAS THE RIGHT TO EXPOUSE THEIR OPINION REGARDLESS OF WHO ELSE AGREE WITH IT OR NOT.  BUT I ALSO HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXPOSE INDIVIDUALS FOR WHAT THEY ARE.  I INVITE ALL TO RE-EXAMINE THIS POST AND SEE WHO THE INDIVIDUALS ARE WHO AGREED EARLIEST TO SUPPORT IT AND THEN SEE PRECISELY HOW LONG THEY KEPT THEIR WORD.  EVERYONE HAS A RIGHT TO CHANGE THEIR OPINIONS ALSO.   I JUST WANT IT TO BE MADE VERY CLEAR TO ALL NEWCOMERS, WHO THE INDIVIDUALS WHO POST ON ONNIDAN ARE AND JUST HOW MUCH INTEGRITY AND HONESTLY THEY HAVE WHEN YOU CONSIDER THEIR POSTS AND WHAT MESSAGE THEY ARE REALLY ATTEMPTING TO PUT ON THIS BULLETIN BOARD.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BELOW IS AN EXAMPLE OF HOW MUCH "A--HOLE" CAN BE COUNTED ON TO KEEP HIS WORD.  ...AND IN CASE ANYONE HAS FORGOTTEN. "A--HOLE" IS A TERM THAT THIS INDIVIDUAL CHOSE TO CHARACTERIZED HIMSELF BY AND NOT A TERM THAT I SIMPLY CHOOSE TO IDENTIFY HIM WITH.  BELOW ARE HIS OWN WORDS POSTED ON OCT 7, 2009.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oldsport
Assistant GM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay Twin. I'll sign on.

Sorry, Twin. You're not my enemy, but I don't think you can negotiate for them either. I have no respect for my enemies.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 09:54:05 AM by oldsport »

Offline drette j 77

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2009, 10:21:49 AM »
I have not put ANY political postings on this Board for a very long time just because of the tone. Count me in.

And uchighlander, about this not working the same for Pres.Bush, how do you know it would not have worked to ask for the same thing, since, as far as I know, it was never tried?
You and I may agree on very little where we stand politically, but I have never called any other poster on Onnidan any names at all and never will and I don't believe/don't know of you doing that either.
The Avatar says it all!

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2009, 12:24:03 PM »

oldsport

Okay Twin. I'll sign on.

Sorry, Twin. You're not my enemy, but I don't think you can negotiate for them either. I have no respect for my enemies.

This is unsurprisingly revealing for a couple of reasons.

First, OS refers to "negotiations."  This is SO out of touch with reality.
FACTS:  An appeal was made to all posters to refrain from using disrespectful names for the President and everyone who responded agreed, including OS.  Everyone gave their word as a man or a woman.  In OS's case, for the second time.  There were no negotiations:  a request and OS agreed to it.  If there is some other "negotiation" going on, I am not aware of it and much more importantly they have nothing to do with OS giving and then breaking his word.

Second, in one of his most bizarre postings yet - and THAT is saying something - OS refers to his "ENEMIES"!!!!  This dude is delusional.

Third, when for the second time, OS broke his word, Twin Que reminded him of it.  OS replied, "I changed my mind."  How weak can you get?  A man/woman whose word is not good has NO honor, what - so - ever!!
 O0
Long Live Killmonger!

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2009, 01:38:05 PM »

oldsport

Okay Twin. I'll sign on.

This is unsurprisingly revealing for a couple of reasons.

First, OS refers to "negotiations."  This is SO out of touch with reality.
FACTS:  An appeal was made to all posters to refrain from using disrespectful names for the President and everyone who responded agreed, including OS.  Everyone gave their word as a man or a woman.  In OS's case, for the second time.  There were no negotiations:  a request and OS agreed to it.  If there is some other "negotiation" going on, I am not aware of it and much more importantly they have nothing to do with OS giving and then breaking his word.

Second, in one of his most bizarre postings yet - and THAT is saying something - OS refers to his "ENEMIES"!!!!  This dude is delusional.

Third, when for the second time, OS broke his word, Twin Que reminded him of it.  OS replied, "I changed my mind."  How weak can you get?  A man/woman whose word is not good has NO honor, what - so - ever!!
 O0

And you K----s admired Barry too. You should be used to someone changing their mind. Barry does it quite often.

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2009, 01:43:46 PM »
Some  :crazy: juvenile just interrupted an adult conversation.

IGNORE
IGNORE
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 02:02:23 PM by Bison66 »
Long Live Killmonger!

Offline Bison 4 Life

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2009, 03:48:15 PM »
Oldsport has no honor and is no supporter for the men & women in uniform .

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2009, 05:59:49 PM »
I barely go into this side of the board anyway...Especially since my parents' parenting skills erroneously came into question about a man who has never been to jail, has two degrees, volunteers in the community and is an upstanding citizen/homeowner who has been gainfully employed all of his adult life (yeah, I am talking about myself, not patting myself on the back, but I find my folks parenting skills not lacking to have a son who has basically done what he SHOULD be doing, but I digress)..This seemed to happen just because of the recent nomination of the current president of the United States.

The fact that it would cause someone to come out of his mug like that, it was time for me to bounce before I totally disrespect and just straight curse this person out and get banned from the board.

Instead of doing that, I took the high road and rolled out...(and no this person was not OS)

But I do definitely agree with what was/is being proposed. But as I have already seen, it will not be followed until a man of a different color/ideology is elected POTUS....
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPS
2017,2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPIONS
2018,2016, 2015,2009,2002 CIAA Northern Football Champions

Offline Valley Girl

• Assistant GM
  • Since 1895
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fvsu.edu
« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2009, 06:15:42 PM »
IInstead of doing that, I took the high road and rolled out...(and no this person was not OS)

It sure wasn't :tiptoe:
"Don‘t let how other folks treat you get YOU sent to Hell" - My Daddy  - RIP

FORT VALLEY STATE FORT VALLEY STATE! OUR LIVES TO THEE WE DEDICATE!

Offline Lonewolf

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://www.hotmail.com
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2009, 01:19:59 AM »
It`s rare that I post here. I never agreed to it. Because certain people here have never posted a thing on here when they didn`t disrespect or call somebody a name. But i will leave it with these words for that person.

If you disrespect everybody that you run into, How in the world do you anyone supposed to respect you.
thank Staple Singers.
Was lost in Seoul Korea,finding my way in Tokyo, Japan.

Offline Bro. Askia Musa Afiba

• Assistant GM
  • "Sound Machine" Band Booster & NCCU Eagle Club
    • View Profile
    • NCCU Eagles Fan Forum
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2009, 04:24:51 PM »
It`s rare that I post here. I never agreed to it. Because certain people here have never posted a thing on here when they didn`t disrespect or call somebody a name. But i will leave it with these words for that person.

If you disrespect everybody that you run into, How in the world do you anyone supposed to respect you.
thank Staple Singers.

:nod: :clap: :bow: :clap: :nod:

Respect yourself - The Staple Singers - via YouTube

Take Care!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 04:26:58 PM by Bro. Askia Musa Afiba »

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2009, 08:22:45 AM »

thank Staple Singers.

:nod: :clap: :bow: :clap: :nod:

Respect yourself - The Staple Singers - via YouTube

Take Care!

YOU HAVE A LEGITIMATE POINT, HOWEVER YOU MUST ALSO CONSIDER THIS.  THERE IS A DISTINCT DIFFERENCE IN NAME CALLING AS HARMLESS "JONING" AS OPPOSED TO NAME CALLING WITH THE SOLE INTENT TO DISRESPECT OTHERS SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU DISAGREE WITH THEIR POLITICAL BELIEFS.  I BELIEVE WE ALL ARE CAPABLE OF DISTINGUISHING BETWEEN THE TWO.  THERE ARE MANY ON ONNIDAN WITH WHOM I VILOLENTLY DISAGREE WITH THEIR POLITICS AND YET CAN STILL ENGAGE IN A MEANINGFUL AND RESPECTFUL DEBATE WITHOUT RESORTING TO NAME CALLING.  THERE ARE YET OTHERS WITH WHOM I BOTH DISAGREE WITH POLITICALLY AND HAVE NO RESPECT FOR BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO SENSE OF HONOR, OR INTEGRITY AND CAN BE COUNTED ON TO RENEGE ON THEIR WORD AS OFTEN AS MOST PEOPLE CHANGE THEIR UNDERWEAR.  THESE TYPES OF INDIVIDUALS WILL NEVER HAVE MY RESPECT.  I EVEN WONDER HOW THEY INTERACT WITH THE FAMILY, PEERS AND CO-WORKERS.  I WONDER IF THEY DO THESE THINGS TO SIMPLY GET A RISE OUT OF OTHERS OR ARE THEY REALLY  THAT MENTALLY UNSTABLE.  THERE ARE OTHERS WHO DENEGRATE THEMSELVES IN THIS, A VERY OPEN AND PUBLIC FORUM SO IT COMES AS NO SURPRISE THAT THEY IMMEDIATELY RESORT TO NAME CALLING.  THEY HAVE NO PERSONAL RESPECT SO WHY SHOULD WE EXPECT THEM TO RESPECT OTHERS.  THERE ARE OTHERS WHO ARE APPARENTLY INCAPABLE OR UNWILLING TO ENGAGE IN A DEBATE IN THEIR OWN WORDS YET WHO POST THE WORDS AND THOUGHTS OF OTHERS, DISPLAYING A CAPABILITY TO QUOTE OTHERS BUT APPARENTLY NO CAPABILITY OF EXPRESSION OF ORIGINAL THOUGHT.   I USUALLY DO NOT GO OUT OF MY WAY TO PERSONALLY INSULT OTHERS.   I HAVE HOWEVER ON OCCASION BEEN GUILTY OF THIS FAILING, BEEN CALLED OUT ON IT AND AFTER RECOGNIZING MY FAULT APPOLOGIZED TO THE INDIVIDUAL I HAVE INSULTED.   HOWEVER, I WILL AND CAN BE COUNTED ON TO RESPOND IMMEDIATELY AND IN KIND TO A PERSONAL INSULT.
I'm an Army Civilian and former Soldier on the Army Team. I'm dedicated to my Army, Soldiers and Civilians. I will always support the mission. I provide stability and continuity during war and peace. I'll support and defend the Constitution and consider it an honor to serve our nation and my Army.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule

Support Our Efforts

Support our efforts

With all the divisive rhetoric on social media outlets like Facebook and Twitter, websites such as ours, especially message boards, are under the watchful eye of the Internet giants. And those giants are coming down hard on sites like this one due to the perception of the need for better "oversight".

We recognize the cultural conflict that exists and over the past few months we've been accused of allowing content in posts/threads that supposedly violates some advertiser's policies. Those threads weren’t an issue in the past, but for some reason, they are an issue now. And we are being penalized (financially) because of it.

As a result we are coming to you directly for your financial support>

Please consider supporting our efforts to foster free and open discussion of current issues as they relate to the topics you are interested in. You can use the Cash App and contribute to $onnidan, or process your donation through PayPal below.

=OW= 

Onnidan's HBCUSports Logo
News