News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: The Problem With Most K----s Here  (Read 9103 times)

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Problem With Most K----s Here
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2009, 04:57:00 PM »
b4l, when did blacks fight.  they did nothing.

i remember when i was a child listening to elderly blacks talk about how their parents, former slaves, were scared to death of white people.  they talked about how they did nothing and now they have to fight for what little bit they have.
Fayetteville State by choice. Bronco by the Grace of GOD.

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2009, 05:04:10 PM »
b4l, from 1866-1902 what fighting did blacks do?  white people burned, raped, and pillaged blacks.  blacks did not fight back.

It's well documented. Tulsa, what was that town in Florida...I can name other towns, hundreds of lynchings...This is what eventually gave rise to the 1960's militants such as the Panthers and Black Muslims call for self-defense.

Oh there was a group that did kick a-- and fight. I think they were soldiers of the 24th Regiment stationed in Brownsville, Texas.

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2009, 05:05:22 PM »
b4l, when did blacks fight.  they did nothing.

i remember when i was a child listening to elderly blacks talk about how their parents, former slaves, were scared to death of white people.  they talked about how they did nothing and now they have to fight for what little bit they have.

Y -

Maybe that's your relatives and family friends.  I wouldn't say that's indicative and representable of everyone.  My family history is a bit different than what you spake of.

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2009, 05:16:14 PM »
The only thing the Europeans brought to this country that was  not here before their arrival was veneral disease.  The Indians had there own form of government, in some tribes women had the right to vote and unlike europeans they were a lot healthier because they bathe every day.

The Europeans brought greatness to this land and formed the country known as the United States of America. You better thank God for the United States of America. Your a-- may have grown up in some jungle or some squalid place on the outskirts of Lagos eating worms and maggots.

WHILE YOUR CONTEMPT FOR ALL THINGS OF AN AFRICAN ORIGIN (TO INCLUDE YOURSELF) ARE CLEARLY PALPABLE YOUR TOTAL AND COMPLETE LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF THE CULTURAL ORIGINS OF MANKIND ARE AS SAD AS THEY ARE AMAZING.  YES, YOU ARE A COMPLETE "A--HOLE" THROUGH AND THROUGH.
BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY -- 3X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2021, 2019 AND 2018 - "A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING"

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
  • What I discovered about my Ancestor was AMAZING!
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2009, 05:35:27 PM »
b4l, from 1866-1902 what fighting did blacks do?  white people burned, raped, and pillaged blacks.  blacks did not fight back.

y04,

Truly, Sir, your ignorance is abundantly clear.  Try to learn some Black history somewhere, somehow so you won't continue to embarass yourself.

Despite the statutes, and at the suggestion of Reconstruction governors and other leaders, blacks often formed militias to resist white terrorism. For example, in June 1867 in Greensboro, Alabama, the police let the murderer of a black voting registrar escape; in response, a freedman who would later serve in the Alabama State Legislature urged his fellow freedmen to create a permanent militia. "Union League" militias were formed all over central Alabama.

The freedmen slipped from white control. One planter protested that his workers were "turbulent and disorderly," coming and going when they wished, as if they had a choice whether or not to work. The Union League, protested another ex-master, was advising freedmen "to ignore the Southern white man as much as possible...to set up for themselves."

The next spring, the Ku Klux Klan came to central Alabama. The Klansmen, unlike the freedmen, had horses, and thus the tactical advantages of mobility. In a few months, the Klan triumph was complete. One freedman recalled that the night riders, after reasserting white control, "took the weapons from might near all the colored people in the neighborhood."

The same dynamic existed throughout the South. Sometimes militias consisting of freedmen or Unionists were able to resist the Klan or other white forces. In places like the South Carolina back-country, where the blacks were a numerical majority, the black militias kept white terrorists at bay for long periods.

While many blacks participated in informal, local militias, most of the reconstruction governors set up official state militias that were racially integrated. Like many other facets of the reconstruction governments (and the racist governments which followed them), the integrated "black" state militias were corrupt. The state militias, which sought to protect the state governments and the election process, were frequently in conflict with informal white militias. Arms shipments from the federal government to arm the militias were often intercepted and seized by white militias.

Official or unofficial, the black militias were the primary target of the white racist resistance. "Pitchfork" Ben Tillman, the U.S. Senate advocate of racism for many decades, joined a "Sweetwater Sabre Club" whose members seized control of South Carolina's Edgefield Country from a black militia in 1874-75, and attacked a black militia at Hamburg, South Carolina in 1876.

In areas where the black militias lost and the Klan or other white groups took control, "almost universally the first thing done was to disarm the negroes and leave them defenseless," wrote Albion Tourgeé in his 1880 book The Invisible Empire. (An attorney and civil rights worker from the north, Tourgeé would later represent the civil rights plaintiff in Plessy v. Ferguson.)
http://www.reason.com/news/show/32884.html

I know the history of Whitesboro, NJ also, do you?

O0

Offline Golden Kitten

• Assistant GM
  • Student Advokitty/Fashion Police
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2009, 05:48:12 PM »

i remember when i was a child listening to elderly blacks talk about how their parents, former slaves, were scared to death of white people.  they talked about how they did nothing and now they have to fight for what little bit they have.

Y -

Maybe that's your relatives and family friends.  I wouldn't say that's indicative and representable of everyone.  My family history is a bit different than what you spake of.

Mine too... :nod:

Teeny and Little

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2009, 06:05:27 PM »
bison, i know the history of princeville, nc.  do you.  big deal.

blacks let whites run over them in the late 1800s.  even though all but one of my great grand fathers owned land (he owned a business and paid for family members to go to college.  he refused to own a home.  :brickwall:) most blacks did not.  most blacks in the south were sharecroppers.  the educators didn't do much when it came to integrating the schools.

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2009, 06:18:54 PM »
First it was:
blacks did not fight back.

Now the back-tracking has begun.
bison, i know the history of princeville, nc.  do you.  big deal.

blacks let whites run over them in the late 1800s.  even though all but one of my great grand fathers owned land (he owned a business and paid for family members to go to college.  he refused to own a home.  :brickwall:) most blacks did not.  most blacks in the south were sharecroppers.  the educators didn't do much when it came to integrating the schools.

y04,

Now we're tallking, I guess, about "most."

Blacks, contrary to the nonsense you are spouting, DID fight and some of them to the death.  Armed militias, dude!!!  That is not similar to "black let white run over them." 

Nice move on your part, y04, to compeltely dismiss the history of Black militias (which I am sure you had NO idea ever existed) with just your bald assertion -without any back-up - that Black folks didn't resist or fight.

Just because, outnumbered and outarmed, they ultimately lost those fights, does not mean they did not fight.
You are disgracing the memories of our ancestors with this nonsense.  I suppose you believe in the "happy Negro" propaganda of racists.

By "not owning a home" perhaps your ancestor was insulating himself from the pressure that could be brought on a Colored person who owned a mortgage OR perhaps he thought the night-riders, jealous of his business, might hesitate to burn down a home owned by a white person and rented by him. 

Unless you know his reasons, don't draw negative conclusions about what an obviously talented man did to cope with the unremiting threat of terror that Black folks lived with in the south.  You should go to his gravesite and apologize.

I thought better of you.
 O0

P.S. Your comment about integrating schools (you're still talking 1860-1902???) is ridiculous.

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2009, 06:34:22 PM »

In addition to armed resistance, during the late 1800's there was other resistance.

One example:
The Washing Society and the Atlanta Washerwoman�s Strike of 1881-- During the Summer of 1881, black "laundresses" in Atlanta organized a successful strike to raise the prices they could charge for their laundering. Their demandsd was for a uniform rate of $1 per 12 lbs. of wash. The city's white newspapers called them "The Washing Amazons." Their strike tactics included threats and harassment of scabs taking in laundry for lower prices. By the Fall, the Washing Society was threatening to organize a general strike of black workers during a business convention to promote industrial development in the Atlanta area, though there is no evidence that the general strike ever took place.
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mcountry/ac399011017.htm
 O0
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 06:36:54 PM by Bison66 »

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2009, 06:46:18 PM »

Offline Bison66

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • CLANDESTINE - The Book
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2009, 01:08:04 AM »
More historical facts to put to death the lie that Blacks did not fight, struggle or resist in the late 1800's:

Blacks in Washington, DC, in 1865, led by the fiery abolitionist Sojourner Truth, led a boycott of public transportation facilities which practiced Jim Crow.  Rhode Island blacks forced state officials to desegregate public schools in 1866.  Northern blacks pressured their white congressmen to ratify the Enforcement Act of May 1870, and the Civil Rights Act of March 1875, which further protected blacks’ civil liberties.   
http://books.google.com/books?id=NjOPdGaoPKoC&pg=PA3&lpg=PA3&dq=black+reconstruction+in+america&source=bl&ots=OsJ7vq1T4u&sig=gyjLxjt23KW81zkwEmraqPaLExo&hl=en&ei=jW04SsD1FtWEtwfJrZHaDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=8#PPA8,M1

I am sure y04 will brush this aside with nothing but his uninformed opinion, but it remains a historical fact that Black people, as documented in this and previous posts, fought and resisted by many means: armed, collectively, individually, by establishing crusading newspapers and many, many schools and, during the Reconstruction, with appointed and elected officials.

O0

Offline y04185

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2009, 03:53:25 PM »
if blacks fought like you claim why did we lose the right to vote.  why did jim crow become law.  why did blacks allow whites to take over north carolina by barrel of a gun.  a strike here and a protest there ain't fighting.

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2009, 03:55:50 PM »
if blacks fought like you claim why did we lose the right to vote.  why did jim crow become law.  why did blacks allow whites to take over north carolina by barrel of a gun.  a strike here and a protest there ain't fighting.

All good points. I'll wait for the alibi.

Offline FunCkMaster

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2009, 03:57:11 PM »
Y and OS

What did you guys think of The Black Panthers back in the day?

BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY
2021, 2019 and 2018 CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2017, 2013 & 2003 CIAA MEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
1997, 1998, 1999 CIAA WOMEN'S BASKETBALL CHAMPS
2021, 2019, 2018, 2016, 2015, 2009, 2002 CIAA North Division Football Champions

Offline oldsport

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2009, 03:58:46 PM »
Y and OS

What did you guys think of The Black Panthers back in the day?

Bunch of dyam criminals and murderers playing communist from the drugstore. PHONEY REVOLUTIONARIES.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule