News: FYI:  We have three websites in our inventory: onnidan.com - news, recaps, blogs, black college sports page | onnidan1.com - this forum  | onnidan2.com - composite hbcu football schedule

Author Topic: Roland Martin interviews Bethune-Cookman's president/ED Reed  (Read 493 times)

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • I'M GROWN
    • View Profile
Re: Roland Martin interviews Bethune-Cookman's president/ED Reed
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2023, 02:47:17 PM »
Is it just me or does Roland sound like this guy sometimes????

:lol:
Be prepared to drink fully from the cup or don’t raise it to your lips

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2023, 02:48:11 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out how Roland morphed the conversation from Ed Reed to how poorly the university was being run and when he could not interrupt well enough to push his narrative, he talked about what he personally knew and how well he ran his media outlets.  This interview had a Fox News feel to it if you ask me. The bottom line IMHO is Roland is trolling for views. I agree that Reed comes off as unhinged and I'm ready to send J to Florida to give him some therapy.   :shrug: :tiptoe:
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline Capler

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2023, 02:48:47 PM »
Roland is definitely ANNOYING.

and JT is tired of ALL of these people.

:brickwall:

Yeah, this crap is too heavy, we need a good Karen video.  :nod:

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • I'M GROWN
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2023, 02:49:51 PM »
I'm going to leave this right here. Because I spit out my tea on this one.

https://twitter.com/DNjtrenton/status/1617864740285607936

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • I'M GROWN
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2023, 02:53:15 PM »
I'm still trying to figure out how Roland morphed the conversation from Ed Reed to how poorly the university was being run and when he could not interrupt well enough to push his narrative, he talked about what he personally knew and how well he ran his media outlets.  This interview had a Fox News feel to it if you ask me. The bottom line IMHO is Roland is trolling for views. I agree that Reed comes off as unhinged and I'm ready to send J to Florida to give him some therapy.   :shrug: :tiptoe:

And he's not a friend of HBCUs.  They're on his neck @Twitter.

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2023, 02:58:58 PM »
Roland lost me when the interim President debunked his statement that the last president was fired.  He was spreading misinformation and here are the receipts.

Bethune-Cookman President LaBrent Chrite abruptly resigns without informing board

E. LaBrent Chrite abruptly resigned as president of Bethune-Cookman University on Tuesday morning, surprising the school's board of trustees.

Chrite addresses B-CU resignation, praises school's board, acknowledges disagreements

Roland is trying to make this about him.  I think the interim slap him down everytime he tried to come up with some BS.

Is running a media outlet the same as running a private HBCU????

Do better Porky.

Que, I was saying the exact same thing. I'm so OVER him comparing or equating him running a news organization to a University which has way more internal and external entities that a President has to contend with it. And the news organizations he's claiming are not the New York Times nor WashingtonPost. Hell, it's not even the Atlanta-Journal Constitution. What are we really comparing here? He also somewhat praised Edison Jackson the actual president after Trudie Keedie-Reed. He never ONCE mentioned where this downward spiral actually started from with him and the dorm debacle and the lawsuits that Cookman had to deal with since. I just find that negligence on his part as this quote media darling to lay out ALL of the facts.

that's all...

Offline thatd@mnYOGI

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2023, 03:02:15 PM »

Oh, when I tell you, they're coming for him. MANNN....these tweets are hysterical.

that's all...   :lol:

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • I'M GROWN
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2023, 03:12:27 PM »
 :lol: We're sick of his a--.

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2023, 08:21:55 PM »
Maybe he needs to take a forensic look at why he is no longer in mainstream media. :shrug: 

Offline 81alphaeagle

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2023, 08:38:04 PM »
Maybe he needs to take a forensic look at why he is no longer in mainstream media. :shrug:
I was thinking the same thing.

Offline 81alphaeagle

• Assistant GM
  • Head Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2023, 08:39:14 PM »

Oh, when I tell you, they're coming for him. MANNN....these tweets are hysterical.

that's all...   :lol:
When you go to all these HBCUs, are you dropping off OR picking up checks?

Offline Ivan

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • My Facebook Page
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2023, 12:06:31 AM »
Roland irks me because he is a journalist that says uh and um so many times that I can barely follow what he's trying to say. Secondly, he has fashioned himself as an HBCU advocate but really only reports on tea and shows up when he's keynoting.

Ed was unhinged in this interview. Interrupting his representative, crying, speech was sometimes inaudible. By now you should be able to articulate what things are from your side free of all the dramatics.

Again, Ed could've been right about whatever but you can't lambast your employer and think you'll remain employed. Also, I still think the president did a good job articulating his point.

Bear I completely agree. Ed would make a great assistant coach, but no way I'd want someone that unhinged heading my football program................
 :tiptoe:
I am now on Facebook! Come check me out...
 http://www.facebook.com/people/Ivan-Guillory/1249473291

SIAC All Sports Champions - 1990, ‘91, ‘92, ‘00, ‘01, ‘02, ‘06, ‘08

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2023, 12:09:40 AM »
Roland irks me because he is a journalist that says uh and um so many times that I can barely follow what he's trying to say. Secondly, he has fashioned himself as an HBCU advocate but really only reports on tea and shows up when he's keynoting.

Ed was unhinged in this interview. Interrupting his representative, crying, speech was sometimes inaudible. By now you should be able to articulate what things are from your side free of all the dramatics.

Again, Ed could've been right about whatever but you can't lambast your employer and think you'll remain employed. Also, I still think the president did a good job articulating his point.

Bear I completely agree. Ed would make a great assistant coach, but no way I'd want someone that unhinged heading my football program................
 :tiptoe:
Doc I'm not even sure he'd make a good asst coach.  :shrug:
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • I'M GROWN
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2023, 08:17:04 AM »
I was thinking the same thing.

Because he was fired from CNN. I vaguely remember his fan base trying to get him reinstated, not knowing it was his Tweets that got him in trouble.  That's why he's able to say what he wants on his podcast. He has the nerve to advocate for a crack head, whose mouth got him in trouble.

https://www.cnn.com/2012/02/08/politics/cnn-roland-martin/index.html

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2023, 05:48:31 PM »
He has the nerve to advocate for a crack head, whose mouth got him in trouble.

:nod: :lol:  :lol: :lol:

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule