News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Celebration Bowl makes the top 12  (Read 547 times)

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Celebration Bowl makes the top 12
« on: January 04, 2023, 10:17:07 AM »
I didn't feel like doing my annual top-attended bowls this year.

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline EagleWing

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Celebration Bowl makes the top 12
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2023, 12:03:11 PM »
Kudos to the CB, once we figure out how to increase television viewership we’ll be cooking.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2023, 02:33:48 PM »
Kudos to the CB, once we figure out how to increase television viewership we’ll be cooking.

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline Cats4ever

• Assistant GM
  • General Manager
    • View Profile
    • FVSU: Let's build a winner.
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2023, 02:41:59 PM »

It will means more opportunities and money for HBCUs. More of our regular season games might be on national TV.
Your treatment of others give them control of your soul
Matthew 5:25-26

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2023, 05:16:23 PM »
To be honest, we need more MEAC fans to attend and support their representative on the level of the SWAC.

Though JSU fans had a humongous presence, there are always a ton of SWAC fans in the house.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2023, 05:20:23 PM »

It will means more opportunities and money for HBCUs. More of our regular season games might be on national TV.
Lol... I'm well aware of what it means. I spent the last five years drumming what it means into meac fans head.

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline OnGRattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2023, 07:11:26 PM »
My same reaction

Sent from my G8 using Tapatalk

FLORIDA A&M UNIVERSITY RATTLERS!

15x HBCU NATIONAL CHAMPIONS: 2019, 2001, 1998, 1978, 1977, 1962, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1954, 1953, 1952, 1950, 1942, 1938

FAMU: #1 PUBLIC HBCU (USNWR, 2020 Best Colleges Ranking of National Universities)

Offline Ken

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2023, 09:03:56 PM »
The money is made by number of people who watch the game not the number who attend it

Offline EagleWing

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2023, 09:49:32 AM »
What’s so confusing about my statement?

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2023, 10:29:20 AM »
The viewership has consistently been the highest of all FCS post-season games and consistently increasing. So basically we're confused about what needs to be figured out.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 10:47:08 AM by bluedog »

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline EagleWing

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2023, 06:42:06 PM »
The viewership has consistently been the highest of all FCS post-season games and consistently increasing. So basically we're confused about what needs to be figured out.

I understand that we are doing well terms of FCS viewership. The thought is if we’re in the FBS realm in terms of attendance if we can get into FBS realm in terms of eyeballs we have leverage for better sponsorship dollars going forward.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2023, 06:52:55 PM »

I understand that we are doing well terms of FCS viewership. The thought is if we’re in the FBS realm in terms of attendance if we can get into FBS realm in terms of eyeballs we have leverage for better sponsorship dollars going forward.
OK, I think I get what you're thinking. In terms  of that, ratings are universal and across the board. That's something else that I would post annually, but stop because folks didn't seem to grasp the importance of it. The same as they didn't seem to grasp the importance of leading in attendance yearly. If I'm reading you correctly, what you're really talking about is P5 ratings. That's not going to happen anytime soon. As for being compared to G5s. Just like attendance, we are competing and, in many cases, doing better just like we're doing in attendance.

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline Que82

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2023, 07:11:31 PM »

In order to receive the kind of viewership you speak of means that a lot of clear people have to watch the game.  While we clamor to watch their bowls I doubt if many, who don't have relatives playing for HBCU's, are going to tune in for ours.  The CB is the only bowl game I've watched and I haven't watched any regular season PWI games.
SIAC Champs FB 7, CC 7, MBB 9 BB 2, MTF 3, WBB 2,  SWAC Champs FB 2, MT 1 NCAA DII Nat Champs Men's Soccer '77 & '79, D2 Nat Champs Women's Indoor Track '92 Women's Outdoor Track '92 &'93. HBCU Nat FB Champs 1, Swimming and Diving Champs 6

Offline Decks

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2023, 05:13:46 PM »

In order to receive the kind of viewership you speak of means that a lot of clear people have to watch the game.  While we clamor to watch their bowls I doubt if many, who don't have relatives playing for HBCU's, are going to tune in for ours.  The CB is the only bowl game I've watched and I haven't watched any regular season PWI games.

A lot of clear people do watch the game.
Crabs to the left
Crabs to the right
Crabs everywhere!

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2023, 05:23:00 PM »

A lot of clear people do watch the game.
Agreed

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule