News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Houston closes schools again Tuesday as city remains under boil water notice  (Read 68 times)

Offline CU1994

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • www.cheyney.edu
 :shrug: Texas has the infrastructure of third world country.

Houston closes schools again Tuesday as city remains under boil water notice

https://www.yahoo.com/news/houston-closes-schools-city-remains-194255759.html

Offline BrotherWiregrass

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Dave
19h ago

I work in the water /wastewater industry in the Houston area.  It was not a power/grid failure to the plant, it was a transformer internally in the plant that failed.  Now they have two of these, and we were told that both of them failed.  I highly doubt that both of them failed at the same time, that just doesn't happen.  I bet the other one was likely down for a while and nothing had been done.  Takes forever for the City to approve anything.  Then, the second transformer failed which resulted in a total loss of power to the plant.  I've seen many times how the City of Houston runs it water/wastewater plants.  Most of these are band-aided together running on its last leg.  This is the typical City method of operation.  If people could see what I have seen out there, they would be furious

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule