News: Registration requires "verification" before you are allowed to post.  Be sure to check your "spam" folder to make sure that you receive the verification link.  The e-mail should come from "Onnidan Fan Forum" with the return address -> staff@onnidan.com.

Author Topic: Sanders confirms offer  (Read 992 times)

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Sanders confirms offer
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2022, 04:56:15 PM »
In recent memory is this the first time a coach from an HBCU got a HC offer from a P5 or a major PWC in football?

This is a big deal only for that lone fact but I think CU is too low wattage for Prime and he is going to hold out for a higher profile job that will eventually come open in the next few cycles.

YOURS SIR, IS A VERY REASONABLE ASSESSMENT WITH WHICH I TOTALLY AGREE.  IF THIS PLAYS OUT LIKE YOU PREDICT THEN HE SHOULD RECEIVE NO CRITICISM.  BUT.........IF HE LEAVE NOW FOR COLORADO HIS WHOLE "AM I SWAC" TIRADE IS GOING TO LOOK PRETTY DAMN WEAK.
Hmm...

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2022, 10:11:12 PM »
 ;D

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2022, 10:42:46 PM »
I must admit, Sanders and the SWAC is a breath of fresh air when it comes to being in an HBCU conference.  When the MEAC lost some schools to PWC conference, it caused some to question, is being in an HBCU conference worth it.  Much respect for Howard too for staying.  I hate that my Eagles have to take Sanders and JSU out, but it's not personal. :snicker   
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2022, 09:57:48 AM »
What I’m hearing and reading is he’s visiting schools this weekend and a decision could come as early as Sunday. Choosing between Colorado, South Florida & Cincy as options if he chooses to leave Jackson State.

Offline YoVALLEY

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
F.O.N  F.O.N

Offline DRUMMA1

• Assistant GM
  • #THEEiLove
    • View Profile
    • Jackson State University

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2022, 01:16:33 PM »

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2022, 01:29:06 PM »
???........what the F is this, to go or NOT to go?  I guess Deion has acquired ANOTHER nickname: Hamlet on the Delta.   ::)

???.....what I stated two days ago still holds.  :shrug:

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
"THE MORGAN LACROSSE STORY"

BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY -- 3X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2021, 2019 AND 2018 - "A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING"

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2022, 06:16:49 AM »
In recent memory is this the first time a coach from an HBCU got a HC offer from a P5 or a major PWC in football?

This is a big deal only for that lone fact but I think CU is too low wattage for Prime and he is going to hold out for a higher profile job that will eventually come open in the next few cycles.

YOURS SIR, IS A VERY REASONABLE ASSESSMENT WITH WHICH I TOTALLY AGREE.  IF THIS PLAYS OUT LIKE YOU PREDICT THEN HE SHOULD RECEIVE NO CRITICISM.  BUT.........IF HE LEAVE NOW FOR COLORADO HIS WHOLE "AM I SWAC" TIRADE IS GOING TO LOOK PRETTY DAMN WEAK.

New Colorado coach Deion Sanders tells current Buffaloes players to enter transfer portal (msn.com)
"THE MORGAN LACROSSE STORY"

BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY -- 3X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2021, 2019 AND 2018 - "A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING"

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2022, 08:28:00 AM »
He's SWAC....a SWAC Coach!   ;D

Thank you JT. Black folks are so ugggh at times.  On another note. Every since Prime landed at JSU, the mumbling started whether he was going to stay, as if JSU don't deserve a caliber coach. I've never in my life seen such chatter about a coach. Not at a PWI or HBCU.

Love what you just said.

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2022, 08:39:19 AM »
Deion and NC A&T is teaching us that many of us want to be white. Even though they have established themselves as leaders to the black community. We talk all that black pride stuff until the white man comes calling.

Offline aggie law

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2022, 09:24:42 AM »

College FB Transfer Portal
@CollegeFBPortal
Deion Sanders telling the CU Buffs football team that he’s bringing his own luggage, and that they better hit the portal. This is crazy 🤯

Offline A&T AGGIE 96

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2022, 09:53:20 AM »
Deion and NC A&T is teaching us that many of us want to be white. Even though they have established themselves as leaders to the black community. We talk all that black pride stuff until the white man comes calling.

Sanders gets an opportunity to do something very rare for an FCS coach...and unheard of for FCS coaches at HBCUs. He got a job offer from a P5 school for a head coaching position. He will get to test his skills and build a program while facing competition at the highest levels...all while making millions doing it. 

Yet this poster thinks by taking the offer the man is "teaching us that many of us want to be white". Many complain about the lack of Black head coaches at the P5 level, yet this poster comes just short of calling the man a "sellout" for taking a job at a P5 school.  :shrug:

This poster thinks that schools like NCA&T is "teaching us that many of us want to be white". Why...because the Aggies have decided to compete in conferences that isn't made up of mostly HBCUs? We aren't supposed to look at the changes in the NCAA and do what many other Div I schools have done. Re-evaluate our classification and move up to FBS...or explore our conference affiliation options to better position ourselves and grow athletically. You on some special stuff today.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule