News: In case some of you have forgotten, please go back and read the agreement you signed before registering on this board.   Continuous attacks on an individual, including revealing who you think a person is or sending Private Messages with threats and attacks, are grounds for removal from the registration listing.  If you can't be civil, go someplace else. Don't discredit your education by showing your "thug" personality.

Author Topic: Sanders confirms offer  (Read 901 times)

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Sanders confirms offer
« on: November 28, 2022, 01:51:23 PM »
Reports have streamed in from across the country that Deion Sanders has been offered the head coaching job at Colorado.

Sanders confirmed the offer is on the table, as well as others, on a teleconference ahead of the SWAC Championship Game. 

The report is true. They’re not the only ones. I’m not going to sit here and tell all of my business — but they’re not the only ones. And I’d be a liar if I told you they didn’t. You know they did. I know they did. Everybody know they did. So it is what it is.

https://hbcugameday.com/2022/11/28/deion-sanders-confirms-colorado-offer-says-there-are-others/

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline Strike79

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
Re: Sanders confirms offer
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2022, 02:59:11 PM »
???........what the F is this, to go or NOT to go?  I guess Deion has acquired ANOTHER nickname: Hamlet on the Delta.   ::)

;D

Offline eagle pride

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2022, 06:20:35 PM »
Of course, bigger schools are going to look at him.  Imagine what he can do with the budgets they have.  Life is short.  Do what makes you happy Coach Prime and take no regrets to the grave.   
Whether great or small, victory is victory!

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 10:00:57 PM »
....BUT IS HE SWAC?  WE SHALL ALL SEE.  :popcorn:
"THE MORGAN LACROSSE STORY"

BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY -- 3X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2021, 2019 AND 2018 - "A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING"

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 08:22:43 AM »
He's SWAC....a SWAC Coach!   ;D

Offline KnuckDogg

• Assistant GM
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 08:34:26 AM »
He might be SWAC, he might not be SWAC. All I know is, the money Colorado will probably offer will be ASTRONOMICAL compared to whatever JSU offers.  :read: But then again, if he's already rich, I could see him staying at JSU.

The mere fact that I haven't heard whether or not he has turned the offer down makes for more drama.

I guess he's in purgatory! Must be a good feeling to be sitting in the catbird seat!  :popcorn:
Failing to plan is planning to fail.

Offline j1908

• Assistant GM
  • I'M GROWN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2022, 08:48:48 AM »

Thank you JT. Black folks are so ugggh at times.  On another note. Every since Prime landed at JSU, the mumbling started whether he was going to stay, as if JSU don't deserve a caliber coach. I've never in my life seen such chatter about a coach. Not at a PWI or HBCU.
Be prepared to drink fully from the cup or don’t raise it to your lips

Offline SSUTigerFan

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2022, 09:23:33 AM »
Hes not leaving until his sons complete their career at JSU.

Offline bluedog

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2022, 09:28:19 AM »

Thank you JT. Black folks are so ugggh at times.  On another note. Every since Prime landed at JSU, the mumbling started whether he was going to stay, as if JSU don't deserve a caliber coach. I've never in my life seen such chatter about a coach. Not at a PWI or HBCU.
Ain’t that the truth.

11 BCNC
19 SWAC Championships
Bowl Appearances:16 record 13-3 Heritage Bowl 4 - 2

Offline ‘87 Alum

• Assistant GM
  • The Pride of the Swift Growing South!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2022, 09:32:17 AM »
Hes not leaving until his sons complete their career at JSU.

I’m quite sure if he left, the new school will create a roster spot for his son

When Fickell left Cincy for Wisconsin, his son was given a roster spot and his daughter who is a HS senior and had signed with Cincy also will be a scholly athlete at Wisconsin when she becomes an incoming freshman in the fall. It’s all part of the negotiations.

Offline Jay_Thomas

• Assistant GM
  • Beware!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2022, 09:51:00 AM »
Alabama State's HC Eddie Robinson [who btw is not the son of Grambling's late great Eddie Robinson like many believe understandably] who is a Hornet alum is SWAC....and the Beez finished 6-5, not bad, but clearly him 'Being SWAC' didn't get them to the SWAC Championship Game nor an UNDEFEATED record. So really, very few care if the coach 'IS SWAC' or not. What they care about is the product on the field and their record for the season.  ;D  just saying...so what chicken butt!  :lol:

...I DIGRESS!   :popcorn:

As for Prime leaving JSU....WHENEVER he does, a whole lotta folks are going to be happy as hookers in jail.
  :tongue2:

Offline O-Line Pride 57

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2022, 12:45:09 PM »
In recent memory is this the first time a coach from an HBCU got a HC offer from a P5 or a major PWC in football?

This is a big deal only for that lone fact but I think CU is too low wattage for Prime and he is going to hold out for a higher profile job that will eventually come open in the next few cycles.
I Need Gas Money

Offline CIAA-FAN

• Assistant GM
  • Assistant Coach
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2022, 02:15:27 PM »
In recent memory is this the first time a coach from an HBCU got a HC offer from a P5 or a major PWC in football?

This is a big deal only for that lone fact but I think CU is too low wattage for Prime and he is going to hold out for a higher profile job that will eventually come open in the next few cycles.

YOURS SIR, IS A VERY REASONABLE ASSESSMENT WITH WHICH I TOTALLY AGREE.  IF THIS PLAYS OUT LIKE YOU PREDICT THEN HE SHOULD RECEIVE NO CRITICISM.  BUT.........IF HE LEAVE NOW FOR COLORADO HIS WHOLE "AM I SWAC" TIRADE IS GOING TO LOOK PRETTY DAMN WEAK. 
"THE MORGAN LACROSSE STORY"

BOWIE STATE UNIVERSITY -- 3X CIAA FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS - 2021, 2019 AND 2018 - "A DYNASTY IN THE MAKING"

Offline soflorattler

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
    • The Snake Pit
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2022, 04:28:38 PM »
Is asking for a $50 million salary and to bring your staff along a polite way of saying leave me tf alone about your vacant head coaching position? Asking for a friend. :popcorn:

Offline Ram55

• Assistant GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2022, 04:41:42 PM »
Of course, bigger schools are going to look at him.  Imagine what he can do with the budgets they have.  Life is short.  Do what makes you happy Coach Prime and take no regrets to the grave.   

I don't see what he has done other than beat schools with less talent... sometimes barley.  Until he beats the better schools in his division he should stay where he is. He need to know that he can coach, recruit, and beat teams that will look like his. He will get fired the second year if he doesn't win on year one. All the power 5 schools have teams full of four and five star players... not just a few.

2019 Onnidan HBCU Composite Football Schedule